Ponti to start tomorrow? (1 Viewer)

wal3590

JP seems to have been rested from u23's today, surely no better time to give him a start tomorrow night? We need goals he needs game time, FGR perfect opposition to do it against?

Nick

Administrator
He would have been rested anyway to be on the bench.

Whether he starts or not, he still needs service!

oucho

I don't understand why he's been brought on so late by MR. If you're going to bring on a striker from the bench as a tactical sub, why wait until there's a couple of minutes to go - why not give him 20 mins?

Captain Dart

He won't start.

wal3590

Very true, imagine if Andreu hadn't have snapped his cruciate! :facepalm: Keep hearing hes not ready but did any of us think Wilson was ready? Probably not, look how he blossomed.

Nick

Administrator
Very true, imagine if Andreu hadn't have snapped his cruciate! :facepalm: Keep hearing hes not ready but did any of us think Wilson was ready? Probably not, look how he blossomed.

Wilson had through balls to run onto.

How many one on one chances have any of our players had, or decent through balls that have been put through but they haven't finished them?

skybluegod

Erm Wilson was 22 when he broke through... and made his debut back in 2009. So took him 5 years to become the player that he did, also had two loan spells to gain experience in that time.

oucho

I think we need to focus on our main striker and that's McNulty, he should be starting up front alongside Biamou. Nazon as an impact substitute. No point wasting the wage of one of our higher earners.

What about McNulty and Duck together up front? That'd be my choice.

Warwickhunt

Wilson had through balls to run onto.

How many one on one chances have any of our players had, or decent through balls that have been put through but they haven't finished them?
If we had a certain Belgique Man City midfielder then that would solve the problem. It is Frustrating Nick! we can see it from the stands but i cannot understand for the life of me why our players are not looking to thread the ball rather than side to side. We need one of the forwards to come in to wards the midfield and then run back out again which creates a W effect in their 2 banks of players which then gives the midfield or defence someone to slide a pass to.

Nick

Administrator
If we had a certain Belgique Man City midfielder then that would solve the problem. It is Frustrating Nick! we can see it from the stands but i cannot understand for the life of me why our players are not looking to thread the ball rather than side to side. We need one of the forwards to come in to wards the midfield and then run back out again which creates a W effect in their 2 banks of players which then gives the midfield or defence someone to slide a pass to.

They are too deep.

It would be threading a through ball from the halfway line which would need to be very skilled. Kelly did it for Duck when he pushed up.

Esoterica

You can't thread balls through 2 banks of 4 sat on the edge of their area, whatever run the strikers make. I hope to god Ponticelli does start so people start to twig that it's the service not the strikers that's the issue*. It's making my eyes bleed keep reading about Ponticelli, Collins, a proven striker, a 20 goal a season man - it's such a myopic view of our games.

* When he scores a hattrick on Saturday I'll be happy to be proven wrong as we'll have scored more than 2 for just the 2nd time in the league this season! :p

oucho

Maybe the answer to our productivity problem is to sign Moussa - I think he's available on a free and presumably we could play him straight away even if he signs before the window re-opens.

Esoterica

Maybe the answer to our productivity problem is to sign Moussa - I think he's available on a free and presumably we could play him straight away even if he signs before the window re-opens.
Only 28 still too - looked a little heavy at Walsall though and must be something going on with him if he's still unassigned? Injury? Fitness? Salary expectations?

skybluegod

He was lazy back then he must be even lazier now if he still hasn’t got a club. Brilliant attacking player on his day.
But the reason we have conceded so little, is because the whole team works as a unit, to ensure we don’t concede, Moussa never looked interested in defending, or helping the team, and Pressley made that clear, with that post match rant during our Northampton season when he was at fault for 2 goals.

Sky Blue Harry H

3 point any old how tomorrow - but it would be good if things started clicking at the same time.

Londonccfcfan

JP seems to have been rested from u23's today, surely no better time to give him a start tomorrow night? We need goals he needs game time, FGR perfect opposition to do it against?

God please no! Goals will come. Have the faith in the strikers we have.

Londonccfcfan

McNulty, Beavon and Biamou, one goal between them all season.

Matter of time. I see the potential. Haven’t had a lot of luck. These three will play second fiddle to The Duke. Beavon hasn’t had a look in for weeks, JP has been coming on as sub ahead of him last few games.

Cov kid 55

Matter of time. I see the potential. Haven’t had a lot of luck. These three will play second fiddle to The Duke. Beavon hasn’t had a look in for weeks, JP has been coming on as sub ahead of him last few games.
And to be fair, in the last two games he has come on, he has had no impact whatsoever. It would have been far more effective to have brought on Beavon, who may have been able to create something. Not blaming Ponticelli at all, he’s had no time, and he also looks to me to be the classic example of a goal poacher, could score a lot of goals, but might give you very little outside the box. Think Mark Robins?

Londonccfcfan

And to be fair, in the last two games he has come on, he has had no impact whatsoever. It would have been far more effective to have brought on Beavon, who may have been able to create something. Not blaming Ponticelli at all, he’s had no time, and he also looks to me to be the classic example of a goal poacher, could score a lot of goals, but might give you very little outside the box. Think Mark Robins?

Totally agree.

The last time Beavon came on was last 25 mins vs Crewe and he was superb. He didn’t score, we were struggling to get the killer second goal (3rd game in a week) and just when Crewe were building up some sort of pressure Beavon came on and held the ball up and gave us fresh legs and impetus again.

Just don’t understand why Beavon hasn’t featured since and instead Robins has favoured the chubby kid.
Just cannot fathom adulation from some.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
I don’t think McNulty and Duck can play together.

Biamou and Duck do seem our best option; one to hold it up / knock it on, and the other can do somehing with his feet, and / or back to goal. Just they don’t do it consistently enough

Not sure how Ponticelli will best fit in. He did link up well without mcNulty for his cup game and seemed to know where McNulty would put the ball, so who knows, maybe they could do alright together?

But then do we drop Duck despite him being top scorer?

Quite the dilemma!

Londonccfcfan

Biamou and Duck do seem our best option; one to hold it up / knock it on, and the other can do somehing with his feet, and / or back to goal. Just they don’t do it consistently enough

Not sure how Ponticelli will best fit in. He did link up well without mcNulty for his cup game and seemed to know where McNulty would put the ball, so who knows, maybe they could do alright together?

Quite the dilemma!

No chance of dropping the Duke, he’s one of the first names on the team sheet.

Duke has the ex factor. Still looks by far our best goal scoring option , doesn’t seem to be best in the air and won’t score from headers, so I think as you rightly suggest playing with Biamou seems the best option and imo they have gelled together.

stupot07

Quite the dilemma!
Have to agree, I don't see Duck and McNulty working well together either. Not sure you can drop your top scorer though, and I didn't think much of him when he played on the wing.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Otis

Totally agree.

The last time Beavon came on was last 25 mins vs Crewe and he was superb. He didn’t score, we were struggling to get the killer second goal (3rd game in a week) and just when Crewe were building up some sort of pressure Beavon came on and held the ball up and gave us fresh legs and impetus again.

Just don’t understand why Beavon hasn’t featured since and instead Robins has favoured the chubby kid.
Just cannot fathom adulation from some.
You're not allowed to say Beavon was superb on here I'm afraid.

Despite no-one else scoring it's all his fault.

Adge

Wilson also had Clarke alongside him as well.

Users who are viewing this thread