Port Vale (Away) Match Thread (1 Viewer)

stupot07

You might find some teams have a bad run to come and less time to recover. Of course no one knows but it would be stupid to give up, play to the whistle and all that.

Someone will drop out the top two and some one will drop out the top six. So much too play for. Didn't Burton lose two on the bounce after they beat us? Anything can happen

no, they didn't.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Tiny a point was fair overall.

Yes, RCC was the busiest of the keepers, but some were saves he would be expected to make.

Shame Lorentzen got his knock, but shouldn't take a chances with neck or head injuries and probably should have gone off first time round rather than try and play on.

Ramage did reasonably well as his replacement, but id have still preferred us to have used that change as a chance to chance our game play attack wise. Perhaps JOB would have been a better option with the two new lads forming a CB partnership.

RCC MOTM for me. If you haven't watched that save yet, do it! Just seen highlights on SSN and it just gets better!

Surprised they showed our last 'chance' but glad they still as still be used as to how Stokes got booked! Yes, the keeper had smothered the ball but it's not as if he went in dangerously. I'd have been more annoyed had he not gone in for it, and the ball came loose and we missed a good chance at goal! Their players did more in shoving him, which poor Stokes seems to attract from opposition players, but ref bottled booking their players. Then again too late in the game to make any difference.

As CJ mentions, good to see Murohy getting one of his 'trademark' goals. When he's 1v1, he must be nailed on guaranteed to always get a goal; so calm and decisive.

Hobo

no, they didn't.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

They certainly lost two after playing us and one was a game in hand.

CJ_covblaze

Tiny a point was fair overall.

Yes, RCC was the busiest of the keepers, but some were saves he would be expected to make.

Shame Lorentzen got his knock, but shouldn't take a chances with neck or head injuries and probably should have gone off first time round rather than try and play on.

Ramage did reasonably well as his replacement, but id have still preferred us to have used that change as a chance to chance our game play attack wise. Perhaps JOB would have been a better option with the two new lads forming a CB partnership.

RCC MOTM for me. If you haven't watched that save yet, do it! Just seen highlights on SSN and it just gets better!

Surprised they showed our last 'chance' but glad they still as still be used as to how Stokes got booked! Yes, the keeper had smothered the ball but it's not as if he went in dangerously. I'd have been more annoyed had he not gone in for it, and the ball came loose and we missed a good chance at goal! Their players did more in shoving him, which poor Stokes seems to attract from opposition players, but ref bottled booking their players. Then again too late in the game to make any difference.

As CJ mentions, good to see Murohy getting one of his 'trademark' goals. When he's 1v1, he must be nailed on guaranteed to always get a goal; so calm and decisive.

I think when Stokes reacted he pushed his shoulder towards their player to defend himself. I have no idea how he was the only one carded during that altercation. If anything a card awarded to either side or none at all.

Murphy always seems to go one step too far and makes the angle too tight but still doesn't ever miss! Been very lethargic of late and wasn't at full speed today but hopefully he's getting back to where he was.

Warwickhunt

They certainly lost two after playing us and one was a game in hand.
Are you saying they caught something off city when they played us? Mmmmm! Interesting scenario I shall watch Port Vale's next result

CJ_covblaze

Something I found interesting and disappointing was the ref's attitude to Maddison. He got a clear, two handed, forceful shove to the kidneys right in front of the ref but got told to get up. Maybe his card has been marked and is getting a reputation.

Macca

I have to say that talk of automatic the kind of delusional stuff you only get from a football fan. Play offs is still there, but form has to change, quickly

Hobo

Are you saying they caught something off city when they played us? Mmmmm! Interesting scenario I shall watch Port Vale's next result

No I am saying teams on a run can start losing games. But if you give up as easily as some of our fans you won't be still competitive and in a position to capitalise.

higgs

The season starts today 16 games to get to the play offs forget the previous 30 games

The Lurker

No I am saying teams on a run can start losing games. But if you give up as easily as some of our fans you won't be still competitive and in a position to capitalise.

Burton have still gained more points Since they beat us then we have so it's irrelevant

Hobo

Burton have still gained more points Since they beat us then we have so it's irrelevant

But the potential was there and there will be more twists and turns yet.

Gazolba

The season starts today 16 games to get to the play offs forget the previous 30 games

And forget the team that got us here.

The Lurker

But the potential was there and there will be more twists and turns yet.

Going on performances and not results we aren't good enough. We've accumulated only 3 wins since gillingham if my memory serves me right and that was 2 n half months ago and about 13 games. We keep saying it's only a blip but it's a fucking long blip

Last edited:

Gazolba

It's just pointless, everyone knows how the table looks, without dullards posting it.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

We know how the table looks but not the recent form table. The recent form table is very illuminating especially where we are concerned.

dadgad

Results are what matter and today we got one. End of.
It is absolutely critical we can kick on from this. Build a bit of momentum.
In all truth Reda has been the biggest problem - emphasised by finding Turner which coincided with our best period.
If the kids that played today have solved that problem (X 3)then we can look forward.
Pusb

Moff

Going on performances and not results we aren't good enough. We've accumulated only 3 wins since gillingham if my memory serves me right and that was 2 n half months ago and about 13 games. We keep saying it's only a blip but it's a fucking long blip

You are right the blip just keeps on going. We need a win desperately, and to learn how to protect a lead in the last ten minutes.

I hope one win will turn it around, and breed confidence, but the way we are playing I think that is more wishful thinking.

Terry Gibson's perm

Just watched the goals again it was a much better finish by Murphy than I had realised I thought the keeper had saved it but he went straight around him.

rupert_bear

Only seen their goal once but although a good strike from Vale their player seemed to have far too much space to shoot, are that word shoot which we don't do enough of

Macca

Don't understand why there is more vitriol today after one of our better results than some of the after some of the shit of the last couple of months

lifeskyblue

Jim O'Brien hesitated when if he hadn't he'd have probably done enough to put the player off.

I agree. Unstoppable shot but job might just have closed him down if he hadn't hesitated. Murphy took his very well. I'm hoping the point changes the mood in the camp and we can get back on track

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

malkitccfc

If the person who kept calling their black player the N word everytime he beat one of our players comes on here, go support a different club you twat

Macca

Used to go away a lot, was always a bit dodgy but sounds like these days there are a significant amount of bell ends

covcity4life

If the person who kept calling their black player the N word everytime he beat one of our players comes on here, go support a different club you twat

Fukin hell it's 2016 ffs. Clubs should do more to punish this. Just send in a few undercover stewards to identify faces or something

One of main reasons I don't do away games. I'm sure it dint happen alot but still seems for some it's all about atmosphere that's more about the buzz rather than watxhing the team.

chiefdave

Fukin hell it's 2016 ffs. Clubs should do more to punish this. Just send in a few undercover stewards to identify faces or something

That's not a bad shout actually. Although you'd probably want police rather than stewards. With facial recognition technology improvements how long before its in use to stop those with bans coming back in.

Hobo

One of main reasons I don't do away games. I'm sure it dint happen alot but still seems for some it's all about atmosphere that's more about the buzz rather than watxhing the team.

The police supply spotters..punishment can come further down the line. Why deplete numbers in a public disorder situation, when they can lock them up later and send them to court with cctv evidence?

Nick

Administrator

Somebody mentioned the same about at Southend, personally have no issue with them being dragged out. Drunk or not. There's no excuse.

hill83

That's a shame. I've heard it at matches many times. Twats will be twats.

Users who are viewing this thread