Match Thread Port Vale v Coventry Match Thread - Saturday 1st Oct (1 Viewer)

Irish Sky Blue

Awesome result.
Thank God Mobray has gone.

I was at Vale today. Very much played the TM way. He left too quickly. Could be the start of a good run. Nice to hear a couple of blasts of "Tony Mowbray's Sky Blue army" from the fans as well. Shows how popular he was that after 10 winless games his name was still being chanted.
Never heard anti Sisu chants sung with such conviction and passion before. I would think that Tlm Fisher was left in know doubt as to people's feelings for him. Generally I wouldn't like to hear personal abuse like this but in his case I have no sympathy. He has got off far too light and it may take something like this or worse for himself and Seppala to pack up, go for a feeling of hope to break out. It can't have been comfortable for him if he was there.

Terry Gibson's perm

So happy to hear this. By all accounts he's a genuine lad who loves the club, would be a real shame if he didn't make a go of it here.

He has a clever agent as well the one year deal means when he has a good season Sisu can't sell him again and he can get the move he wants, total rubbish to keep him hungry a two or three year deal was restricting him.

Buster

Bigi has grown this year into a classy player . Good players in midfield seem to create so much room for themselves. Didn't get forward enough against Wimbledon ,I thought ,but somebody posted that he did today . Quality pull back for one of the goals!

Terry Gibson's perm

I was at Vale today. Very much played the TM way. He left too quickly. Could be the start of a good run. Nice to hear a couple of blasts of "Tony Mowbray's Sky Blue army" from the fans as well. Shows how popular he was that after 10 winless games his name was still being chanted.
Never heard anti Sisu chants sung with such conviction and passion before. I would think that Tlm Fisher was left in know doubt as to people's feelings for him. Generally I wouldn't like to hear personal abuse like this but in his case I have no sympathy. He has got off far too light and it may take something like this or worse for himself and Seppala to pack up, go for a feeling of hope to break out. It can't have been comfortable for him if he was there.

Good I hope Fisher hates every minute of it the time he has spent at the club has been a disaster, I hope the abuse he gets is ramped up I have no sympathy for him, he is her mouthpiece while she hides in the shadows. I would love to see a huge crowd in the ground all getting at him.

singers_pore

He has a clever agent as well the one year deal means when he has a good season Sisu can't sell him again and he can get the move he wants, total rubbish to keep him hungry a two or three year deal was restricting him.

Well then now is the time to offer Bigi a longer contract. Invest in the players you believe in like TM said.

Terry Gibson's perm

Well then now is the time to offer Bigi a longer contract. Invest in the players you believe in like TM said.

He would reject it he won't want to be tied into this car crash, he can wait until he is out of contract and then have a look what's about and if nothing is nice he could sign another year here.

skybluepm2

So happy to hear this. By all accounts he's a genuine lad who loves the club, would be a real shame if he didn't make a go of it here.

Could see how much the win meant to him at full time. Last player to leave the pitch, dancing along to the fans singing his name. Long may it continue. Different player to his last stint here, consistent with a real fire in his belly.

skybluepm2

The only time I recall it being as constant as today was at Crawley away on the first day of the season a couple of years back, less than 24 hours after we'd. Even deducted 10 points. It was great today and sung by everyone. As soon as Fisher was spotted, the 'wanker' chants began and continued throughout.

He is a horrible specimen of a man with no shame, whose position was untenable not long after he'd waddled his grotesque inadequate backside through the door. Efforts should continue to remove him, di-sect the poison piece by piece.

Don't want to talk too much about the scum, today was a day for us, long overdue. A tiny step but it's one in the right direction. The good thing is that we aren't yet too far into the season to write it off.

James Smith

I have to say Gael Bigiramana has won me over completely , had my doubts , class act

I just watched the goals after a celebratory dinner because we've finally won this season. Slightly confused though as I watched Bigi score but the BBC are quoting Sordell with the goal. Did he get a lucky touch on the way in?

The Lurker

What a great day all round. SBA in fine voice and we pick up 3 points 2nd goal was good but anyone see how over zealous stewards were? Asian steward started on a cov fan. Was quite heated at one point. City fan got very aggressive. Pusb

Hadji10

Great win. I count this as mowbray personally. He should have stayed. We are promotion candidates.mark my words!

Play the same front 3 next gsme out

Eh? That performance today was chalk and cheese from anything Mowbray has served up this year.

Irish Sky Blue

The only time I recall it being as constant as today was at Crawley away on the first day of the season a couple of years back, less than 24 hours after we'd. Even deducted 10 points. It was great today and sung by everyone. As soon as Fisher was spotted, the 'wanker' chants began and continued throughout.

He is a horrible specimen of a man with no shame, whose position was untenable not long after he'd waddled his grotesque inadequate backside through the door. Efforts should continue to remove him, di-sect the poison piece by piece.

Don't want to talk too much about the scum, today was a day for us, long overdue. A tiny step but it's one in the right direction. The good thing is that we aren't yet too far into the season to write it off.

I think he will have to get used to it. The more uncomfortable it is for him and Seppala the better.

Irish Sky Blue

Eh? That performance today was chalk and cheese from anything Mowbray has served up this year.

You were there? If you were you will know that your statement above is wrong. Slick, quick passing into feet. A Mowbray performance from a Mowbray team. Venus confirmed on the phone in on Friday that his philosophy is the same as TM's. Very evident today. Hope he keeps the job if this is the way they will play.

Hadji10

You were there? If you were you will know that your statement above is wrong. Slick, quick passing into feet. A Mowbray performance from a Mowbray team. Venus confirmed on the phone in on Friday that his philosophy is the same as TM's. Very evident today. Hope he keeps the job if this is the way they will play.

I was there and that was a much improved version of any Mowbray side this year, why? Why did they put that performance in as soon has he went? I'll tell you why, the players lost faith in him.

Irish Sky Blue

I was there and that was a much improved version of any Mowbray side this year, why? Why did they put that performance in as soon has he went? I'll tell you why, the players lost faith in him.

Disagree. There have been glimpses of that performance in several games this season including the first 30 mins. on Wednesday night. Today it came together. Certainly not chalk and cheese. Style of play very much as Mowbray would have played it.

skybluepm2

Disagree. There have been glimpses of that performance in several games this season including the first 30 mins. on Wednesday night. Today it came together. Certainly not chalk and cheese. Style of play very much as Mowbray would have played it.

Have to agree with you on this. No offence Hadji but I think we've played reasonably well in most games this season. The difference today is that we did it for 90 minutes, that was a 1st. Whether that was the players giving that little bit extra for their former manager as motivation, Vale were poor or they'd gained confidence after the first goal I would certainly prefer the latter as they need to use today as the benchmark and not the exception.

Hadji10

That yesterday was infinitely better than anything I've seen this season and I really don't know how you can argue that.

Buster

Didn't see game yesterday but could the difference be the omit ion of the two players in Reid and Jones that stop the passing of the ball to take one or two players on . Although this looks good it gives the defence that extra few seconds to secure their positions and any run by a forward is lost . The runs forwards made yesterday seemed to be towards goal and quickly passed ( listening to radio)and not down the flanks for a cross , playing more central ,bringing Bigi in to the game more

Buster

Discussion and debate doesn't stop when we win . Yes we have got the best fans ! Can't wait for Charlton

SkyBlue_Bear83

I just watched the goals after a celebratory dinner because we've finally won this season. Slightly confused though as I watched Bigi score but the BBC are quoting Sordell with the goal. Did he get a lucky touch on the way in?
Eh? For this first goals bigi receives the ball wide in the penalty box. Cuts it back for Sordell who side foots it into the net.

ceetee

I thought the style of play was as per TM but they seemed to me to be playing with a bit more freedom and enthusiasm

higgs

I think the players sensed tonys heart wasn't in the job once he missed out on his targets this summer when he realised we wouldn't be challenging for promotion. I'd say being away from his family swayed it in the end. If he lost his motivation then it's bound to have affected the players he looked a dead man walking and his tone in interviews was defeatist almost

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Generally Midfield

It's what makes sport so special. Any rational prediction for yesterday had to be a nailed on vale win and instead we go and get 3 points at last. Gutted I decided not to go but can't wait for Charlton.

Users who are viewing this thread