Portsmouth on Saturday (1 Viewer)

LJC_CCFC

Pompey on a run of seven straight defeats...

...please City break the habit of a lifetime and get the result that coincides with the formbook

pipkin73

Don't know how accurate this is, but i've always felt that when a team wins by a big margin
then they tend to draw or lose the next game.

So the fact that we won today has in my opinion shown that we are breaking bad habits (not just ours but from most teams).
Does not mean that we will beat Portsmouth but i do feel that we are not following the trends anymore.

Just hope that we can keep this going as we tend to f*** it up at home once we get a little confidence.
I would have thought that the gate will be up alittle from the last few games for Portsmouth,
extra supporters in the ground tends to choke the players and we lose.

Lets just hope that with the players seemingly getting extra match fit will help then mentally as well as phisically.

We would normally lose this next game as we are on a good run and will prob have extra supporters attending.
The players crumble and all the supporters that have came back after a few good results think that nothing has changed and we loose them again for the season.

If we beat Portsmouth, then maybe just maybe the stay away fans might just start to enjoy being City supporters again and come to some of the following 3 home games we have in a row. Just our luck, hit form and get 4 home games in a row, most people can't afford to go to all these games so the gates might not rise as much as they would have if the games were split evenly home and away. (Yes i know it's just the luck of the draw as 2 of these games are cup games, but still alot of money for people to fork out when they have lost the faith).

Hope that makes sence, been drinking.

Astute

You seem to make more sense when drinking :D

pipkin73

You seem to make more sense when drinking :D

Err!! Thank you i think lol.
Prob is that i work so many hours that when i come on here i'm normally cut,
it's the only free time i get.

Anyway, lets just say "brilliant results lately" I so hope they carry on.

Love CCFC and i love that things are slowly turning in our favour.

pusbccfc

Should be 12k sat, considering there should be 1k of Pompy!

Otis

There needs to be 12,000 minimum.

8 goals in 2 away games is surely enough to whet a few appetites!

stupot07

Portsmouth have a decent following so should push the crowd up beyond 12k.....but only just I would think.

covcity4life

• Brentford v Sheff Utd 15:00
  • Bury v Bournemouth 15:00
  • Coventry v Portsmouth 15:00
  • Crewe v Crawley 15:00
  • Doncaster v Scunthorpe 15:00
  • Leyton Orient v Preston 15:00
  • MK Dons v Colchester 15:00
  • Notts County v Swindon 15:00
  • Oldham v Shrewsbury 15:00
  • Stevenage v Tranmere 15:00
  • Walsall v Hartlepool 15:00
  • Yeovil v Carlisle 15:00
some "6 pointers" there, they cant all win...beat pompey and either playoffs or auto is gonna be alot closer

please dont fail the ricoh test cov!

ericagradus

I think we all fear, that together with our home form, that Portsmouth will be able to break their run of straight defeats against us on Saturday.

However, I really feared Buszacy playing against us. His set pieces and ability to put the ball into the box is class. So very pleased to see this morning that he has gone on loan to Barnsley.

I am now feeling mildy optomistic and hoping for a clean sheet. So would be happy with 1 nil.

covcity4life

coventry always fail the ricoh test, scunthorpe,plymouth and leeds sticks out in my memory

but this time i am confident...but then i was for scunny too but i dont think robins is someone to repeat same mistakes.

Astute

• Brentford v Sheff Utd 15:00
  • Bury v Bournemouth 15:00
  • Coventry v Portsmouth 15:00
  • Crewe v Crawley 15:00
  • Doncaster v Sc-unithorpe 15:00
  • Leyton Orient v Preston 15:00
  • MK Dons v Colchester 15:00
  • Notts County v Swindon 15:00
  • Oldham v Shrewsbury 15:00
  • Stevenage v Tranmere 15:00
  • Walsall v Hartlepool 15:00
  • Yeovil v Carlisle 15:00
some "6 pointers" there, they cant all win...beat pompey and either playoffs or auto is gonna be alot closer

please dont fail the ricoh test cov!

We could end up 6 points away from the playoffs. We would still have some say there is no chance of getting into the playoffs though :D

covcity4life

We could end up 6 points away from the playoffs. We would still have some say there is no chance of getting into the playoffs though :D

we could be top cleay by 30pts and some people would still tell us to take it 1 game at a time and that we are deluded if we think we can hold onto top lol

smileycov

Facebook User
I aggree with the one game at a time stuff, just saddened by all the negative vibes when all i want to do is enjoy the current run/form. What will be will be, i do feel we have a shot at play offs though, just need to keep on going as we are and time will tell. No one can say for certainty that we will or we wont. So be happy as a sky blue for a change, because we all know how quickly it can turn.

ccfcway

I think we all fear, that together with our home form, that Portsmouth will be able to break their run of straight defeats against us on Saturday.

However, I really feared Buszacy playing against us. His set pieces and ability to put the ball into the box is class. So very pleased to see this morning that he has gone on loan to Barnsley.

I am now feeling mildy optomistic and hoping for a clean sheet. So would be happy with 1 nil.

Hasnt he left them, pretty sure i saw somewhere he left on loan yesterday ?

kg82

Akos Buzsaky [Portsmouth - Barnsley] Loan

I saw this yesterday and found it a bit strange. I thought Pompey were signing players on month to month contracts or on loan. So even if they had signed Buzsaky on a contract, it would be a month contract? So how are they loaning him out?! Unless he's signed for longer? In which case, what f*cking joke!

Users who are viewing this thread