Portsmouth profit (1 Viewer)

H

Huckerby

http://bbc.in/1yvv9KB

League Two Portsmouth have announced an operating profit of £118,000 in the first year of trading after emerging from administration.

chiefdave

proves fan ownership can work

Think it's still a case of wait and see. The accounting period being covered they were still in receipt of parachute payments and also had to have additional funding from their high net worths which pushed fan ownership down to 49%. And of course after accounting for tax and interest on their debts they actually made a loss.

It's not a disaster that's for sure, certainly not compared to a lot of other clubs but I think it will be 2 or 3 more seasons before it can be declared a success. Their business plan had them in L1 now and the championship next season but they are struggling to get out of L2.

And of course predictably the infighting has started with trust members resigning and the fan base splitting behind who they support dependent on which version of events they choose to believe.

stupot07

Well done them, proves fan ownership can work

It can in leagues one and two, where FFP rules limit spending, wouldn't work in the championship or above though. Last time I looked there where no clubs 50%+ fan owned a over league two.

Bury, wimbledon, exeter, wycombe are the other majority fan owned football league clubs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Users who are viewing this thread