Portsmouth set to go into Admin tomorrow (1 Viewer)

Astute

Ok so we need around 25 points to stay up, the remaining fixtures are:

Leeds H
Forest A
Barnsley H
Leicester A
Palace H
Brum H
Watford A
Cardiff A
Pompey H
Hull A
Peterboro H
Bristol A
Burnley A
Millwall H
Donny H
Saints A

Does it look like we could get another 25 points out of them fixtures? I can really only see 20 at max.

So Forest, Portsmouth, Millwall, Bristol and Donny are all going to get over 20 points?

smileycov

Facebook User
i assume based on them getting 15 points deduction, then it is 3 points behind Florest who would be 4th bottom :D

mark82

Not sure if Pompey will get any more than 10 point deduction as the last time they were in admin was in the premier league which is a different entity.

coundonskyblue

So Forest, Portsmouth, Millwall, Bristol and Donny are all going to get over 20 points?

So you think we can stay up on less than 42 points?

Bristol City & Millwall are currently averaging 1 point a game, so they only have to perform as well as they have done so far to reach 46 points.

Forest are at 0.86 points a game which if continues would see them get to 39-40 points, and Donny are at 0.85 which would give them 38-39 points.

Bristol & Millwall don't have to do anything different than they have been doing to stay up. Its us Donny & Forest for the drop I think.

Astute

So you think we can stay up on less than 42 points?

Bristol City & Millwall are currently averaging 1 point a game, so they only have to perform as well as they have done so far to reach 46 points.

Forest are at 0.86 points a game which if continues would see them get to 39-40 points, and Donny are at 0.85 which would give them 38-39 points.

Bristol & Millwall don't have to do anything different than they have been doing to stay up. Its us Donny & Forest for the drop I think.

So all teams will keep getting the average points they have now, the top two teams are going to get promoted, the next four teams will be in the playoffs with the team in 3rd going up as they are getting slightly better results, no other team will go up or down the table and we will go down as Nimley will not score goals and Norwood will not improve our midfield and not score either?

Cobi Jones's Dreads

Remember them Portsmouth cocks on here after they beat us? No sympathy for them, good riddance!

coundonskyblue

So all teams will keep getting the average points they have now, the top two teams are going to get promoted, the next four teams will be in the playoffs with the team in 3rd going up as they are getting slightly better results, no other team will go up or down the table and we will go down as Nimley will not score goals and Norwood will not improve our midfield and not score either?

No you asked me if I thought Bristol, Millwall, Donny & Forest would all get another 20 points. The point I was trying to make is that Bristol & Millwall probably don't need to get another 20 points to stay up & its unlikely that Donny & Forest will as well. Hence why its us 3 going down. What will happen with Pompey I dont know, but there team isn't a bottom 3 team.

skyblueinBaku

Astute

Will be if they have to sell players because of admin. It is a total bet how many poinys we will need. Teams at the bottom are all struggling and you say they will get more than 20 points. That is guesswork, not knowledge

skybluebeduff

Forest to have a meeting Wednesday about there financial crisis, their passed away Chairman is owned over £75mill from the club.....

coundonskyblue

Will be if they have to sell players because of admin. It is a total bet how many poinys we will need. Teams at the bottom are all struggling and you say they will get more than 20 points. That is guesswork, not knowledge

I never said that anyone else would get more than 20 points. I said that I can't see US geting more than 20 points.

AFCCOVENTRY

Blimey...

They can have -100 points but is doesn't move away from the fact we have a tactless manager and hopeless players.

We can't win games and that's the bottom line because stone cold sisu say so... :mad:

pusbccfc

If we win tomorrow and pompy have a 15point deduction.
We could go from 800 going to forest to thousands going!

Grendel

Everywhere i am reading says a 10 point deduction...

Surely this is wrong. Had to be more than that...

It will have to be 20 or they will still end up above us.

chiefdave

Everywhere i am reading says a 10 point deduction...

Surely this is wrong. Had to be more than that...

it's 10 for going in to administration but then they can take more off for other things. i'm not sure that's so set in stone as it's down to individual circumstances but i'm pretty sure that if they come out of admin without a CVA then they get another points deduction so from our point of view we don't want them to be in admin for long!

isn't there also a rule that if they get a points deduction but would have been relegated anyway they get taken off next season as well or something along those lines?

Astute

Portsmouth lost 9 points whilst in the prem. Not got a clue now what will happen.

rob9872

it's 10 for going in to administration but then they can take more off for other things. i'm not sure that's so set in stone as it's down to individual circumstances but i'm pretty sure that if they come out of admin without a CVA then they get another points deduction so from our point of view we don't want them to be in admin for long!

isn't there also a rule that if they get a points deduction but would have been relegated anyway they get taken off next season as well or something along those lines?

I think its to do with dates - something like after March 31st

chiefdave

another issue for them is that as it's the second time round they have to go through the courts to go into admin (rather than being liquidated) and I believe that as part of that process they have to show they aren't trading insolvently. could that not be tricky as they essentially have no owner at the moment to put money in and even their own budget has them running at a loss - the guy that got arrested was supposed to be covering the losses. sure there's many on here that know more about how it works but if they have a high wage bill and are running at a loss is there a chance of admin being refused and them being liquidated?

hard to see anyone coming in to take them over, there's still money owing on the first CVA, the current debts and it sounds like their ground and the land around it is owned by 2 former owners of the club! makes us look like a great investment!

ccfcdan

If Portsmouth go into administration, then maybe the FA should award us with some points for taking Herman off them and trying to save them money. If we get given there 10 points i rekon we might stay up!

Also ive heard that Forest could be going into admin this coming weekend too. If we can beat Leeds tomorrow then we will stay up!:guitar2:

People believe in the mighty SkyBlues. Remember while we sing together we will never lose, Even chickens have to lose a few eggs before eventually they hatch a new offspring.

As Cantona once said '' The seagulls follow the ships to get fish''

It all makes sense now. Nostradamus' Sky Blue Army!

BackRoomRummermill

If Portsmouth go into administration, then maybe the FA should award us with some points for taking Herman off them and trying to save them money. If we get given there 10 points i rekon we might stay up!

Also ive heard that Forest could be going into admin this coming weekend too. If we can beat Leeds tomorrow then we will stay up!:guitar2:

People believe in the mighty SkyBlues. Remember while we sing together we will never lose, Even chickens have to lose a few eggs before eventually they hatch a new offspring.

As Cantona once said '' The seagulls follow the ships to get fish''

It all makes sense now. Nostradamus' Sky Blue Army!

I will have whatever your drinking mate thanks

Otis

I believed the same, but thinking about it, the last deduction was during their tenure in the Premier, not the Football League, so I would guess now that as this is their first 'offence' in the Championship it will indeed be just the 10 points.

wingy

They're even being getting support from cameron in parlaiment ,advanced parachute money early ,don't expect any favours from the league they seem to have the nations sympathy.

Astute

They're even being getting support from cameron in parlaiment ,advanced parachute money early ,don't expect any favours from the league they seem to have the nations sympathy.

Cameron said he don't want them liquidated, not being saved from everything else. Said he understood that their supporters could not just go to Southampton and have them as their team as easy as that.

Otis

I'm not the only one who thinks this Pompey thing isn't going to make a blind bit of difference to our fate am I?

If we win another 5 games this season I'll eat my hat.

Grendel

I'm not the only one who thinks this Pompey thing isn't going to make a blind bit of difference to our fate am I?

It makes zero difference but keeps some deluded people optimistic.

stnomskyblue

No, Otis, I'm with you on that. If they get deducted 50 pts it would just mean we go down second from bottom instead of bottom.

Users who are viewing this thread