Portsmouth set to go into Admin tomorrow (1 Viewer)

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
If we win another 5 games this season I'll eat my hat.

THAT many Otis? Optomistic! :D I'll go 3 games for a tasty Trilby!

Paxman II

Pompey at it again...

...can't understand how this has been allowed to happen? Admin again less than two years since they appointed the last administrator?
I'm fed up with one rule for football clubs and another for other business's.
If you inherit/buy the right to a franchise that was previously in admin not with standing you are 'another' entirely different company, you still are operating as that football club then there should be rules against that. Simply deducting 10 points is not in anyway a severe enough punishment. You buy it out of admin then enough diligence should be performed by the football league to ensure they have the funds available to operate for a minimum period of years surely.
This particular football club have consistently broken the rules and should as a franchise/ as Portsmouth FC get a much stiffer punishment. I think they should be automatically relegated and start next season with 10 points deduction.
It's as if they stuck two fingers up at the authorities after the last debacle.

Astute

It makes zero difference but keeps some deluded people optimistic.

I like your style. It looks as though 2 teams are going into admin. Just a couple of points from safety. 3 points for a win. Nimley is starting to look quality. The quality we have been missing since King went. We are making most top teams look ordinary so we are not far off the mark. Much better than other teams around us that are getting outplayed most games.

I would put myself as optimistic. Realistic. Realistic chance of going down. We are not down yet. Not me that is deluded.

kapowaz

The Football League share a considerable part of the blame here. They gave a green light to the new owner, when clearly they shouldn't have.

Otis

Think that is rather blinkered, Astute.

Nimely does look quality, but we only have him. He gets injured or suspended then what happens? We will be fooked.

We haven't won away all season long and have only scored 7 goals in 15 away games.

We have won just 5 times in 30 games.

We will need at least 42 points to survive. At the very, very least. Much more likely to be around the 47, 48, or 49 mark. History has proven this. Would be absolutely astounded if it was anything less than 45 points for survival. 45 points means we need at least 23 points from our remaining 16 games. It is going to require a minimum of 6 victories in 16 games for us to have any chance whatsoever.

We have a tiny squad. Any more injuries and we will really suffer and don't have the replacements to come through and cover.

All very much points to relegation in my book.

To have any chance whatsoever of staying up we need a minimum of 4 points from tonight and Forest on Saturday. And that is just for starters.

gally9

Portsmouth

Crafty bastards really, even if they do go into admin, they have the players I fear to pull away from trouble, and they can't even be forced to sell them because the transfer window is shut.. We will have to play our way out of this and there is not much chance of that.. But it's the hope as ever that kills you.

IrishSkyBlue

Facebook User
If the was ever a life line thrown at us this season this is it, now if the team cops on and grabs it with 2 hands to pull us out of this rut and leave popmey in it ill be delighted lol

Users who are viewing this thread