Praise the lord Football is back. (1 Viewer)

What an awesome weekend of football. It all started a bit flat on Friday night with the Cardiff game being a bit poor.

But Saturday was a whole new story, West Brom Thumping the Pool, Fulham and Swansea scoring 5 a piece and the mighty sky blues taking a valuable point which is better than I was expecting but less than I was hoping for.

Then come to Sunday and you have Newcastle taking it to Spurs, the most entertaining match involving Saints and Man City. Great to see Real Madrid held to 1-1 Jose Who and to follow that up, the brilliant Barca under a new manager win 5-1. With three goals coming in the first ten minutes.

Then to today, we get to see Rooney and Van Persie link up for the first time. It's either going to be the most spectacular display of attacking ability or Everton will help them to fire blanks.

What a fantastic opening weekend.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Yeah, but will it all go into a deflation mood after such a hectic start to the season? Will we all be expecting these sort of results every week?

Sky Blues

First weekends often throw up some weird results, don't they? Sadly or gladly (depending on whether your team was on the good or bad end of the surprise) they don't always last.

Darth Robins

Cracking game this has been tonight, been really impressed with Everton, they made United look pretty ordinary at times, defended really well. I hope they hold on for the win now!

Edit: Get in! Great result for them, they deserved that.

Last edited:

kg82

What an awesome weekend of football. It all started a bit flat on Friday night with the Cardiff game being a bit poor.

But Saturday was a whole new story, West Brom Thumping the Pool, Fulham and Swansea scoring 5 a piece and the mighty sky blues taking a valuable point which is better than I was expecting but less than I was hoping for.

Then come to Sunday and you have Newcastle taking it to Spurs, the most entertaining match involving Saints and Man City. Great to see Real Madrid held to 1-1 Jose Who and to follow that up, the brilliant Barca under a new manager win 5-1. With three goals coming in the first ten minutes.

Then to today, we get to see Rooney and Van Persie link up for the first time. It's either going to be the most spectacular display of attacking ability or Everton will help them to fire blanks.

What a fantastic opening weekend.

First of all, Newcastle and Spurs was Saturday evening!

And I loved that Barca result more than any other - put £3 on for 5-1 at 18/1! Loved that, although I was very worried at half time when it was 4-1!

Users who are viewing this thread