Pre-Season Italian job!! (1 Viewer)

SlowerThanPlatt

So AS Roma B tonight at 5pm. Apart from that, know absolutely nothing else.

SlowerThanPlatt

City kicked off 5 mins early due to torrential rain threatening to force game to be called off. Pitch already waterlogged but Pressley desperate to get game time for players who missed out due to abandoned game at Nuneaton.

Don't think this has been planned well.

SlowerThanPlatt

5 mins: Goal for Sky Blues!
New signing Miller opens the scoring, free on left and places pass the keeper for an easy finish. The ex-Sheffield United man beat the off-side trap to give City an early advantage.

ajsccfc

Any sign of the Roma line-up? Interested to see how far down the squad ranking a B team goes.

FRY-CCFC

Going upgoing upgoing upgoing upgoing upgoing upgoing upgoing upgoing upgoing upgoing upgoing upgoing upgoing upgoing upgoing upgoing upgoing upgoing upgoing upgoing upgoing upgoing upgoing upgoing upgoing upgoing upgoing upgoing upgoing upgoing upgoing upgoing upgoing upgoing upgoing upgoing upgoing upgoing upgoing upgoing upgoing upgoing upgoing upgoing upgoing upgoing upgoing upgoing upgoing upgoing upgoing upgoing upgoing upgoing upgoing upgoing upgoing upgoing upgoing upgoing upgoing upgoing upgoing upgoing upgoing upgoing upgoing upgoing upgoing upgoing upgoing upgoing upgoing upgoing upgoing upgoing upgoing upgoing upgoing upgoing upgoing upgoing upgoing upgoing upgoing upgoing upgoing upgoing upgoing upgoing upgoing up

wingy

Going upgoing upgoing upgoing upgoing upgoing upgoing upgoing upgoing upgoing upgoing upgoing upgoing upgoing upgoing upgoing upgoing upgoing upgoing upgoing upgoing upgoing upgoing upgoing upgoing upgoing upgoing upgoing upgoing upgoing upgoing upgoing upgoing upgoing upgoing upgoing upgoing upgoing upgoing upgoing upgoing upgoing upgoing upgoing upgoing upgoing upgoing upgoing upgoing upgoing upgoing upgoing upgoing upgoing upgoing upgoing upgoing upgoing upgoing upgoing upgoing upgoing upgoing upgoing upgoing upgoing upgoing upgoing upgoing upgoing upgoing upgoing upgoing upgoing upgoing upgoing upgoing upgoing upgoing upgoing upgoing upgoing upgoing upgoing upgoing upgoing upgoing upgoing upgoing upgoing upgoing upgoing up

My eyes My Eyes.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Astute

Fuck me missed the game. Thought it was Sunday today :( Went to Savona with the family. Ended up playing beach football with Italian lads. One of their teams were a man short.

Now I know what day it is I won't miss the next game. Problem is my 5 year old daughter also wants to go. Trying to talk her out of it.

Think I have been enjoying the Peroni too much :D

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Fuck me missed the game. Thought it was Sunday today :( Went to Savona with the family. Ended up playing beach football with Italian lads. One of their teams were a man short.

Now I know what day it is I won't miss the next game. Problem is my 5 year old daughter also wants to go. Trying to talk her out of it.

Think I have been enjoying the Peroni too much :D

Ha! That's brilliant! Well not for you :D

Seen a video of the free kick. Took it well although angle suggests keeper might have liked to have done better.

SlowerThanPlatt

Coventry City kicked off their pre-season tour of Italy with a 2-0 win over AS Roma B in Trentino courtesy of strikes from two of City's summer signings.

Striker Shaun Miller opened the scoring for the Sky Blues in the first half before fellow new arrival Danny Pugh struck a set piece in the latter stages of the game to double City's advantage and help secure a clean sheet.

Boss Steven Pressley started the clash at Levico Terme with loan goalkeeper Ryan Allsop behind a back four of Jordan Willis, Jordan Clarke, Danny Seaborne and Ryan Haynes.

A flat midfield four of Jim O'Brien, Conor Thomas, John Fleck and Ivor Lawton then sat behind a front two of Miller and trialist Marcus Tudgay.

It was a perfect start for Miller who signed a one-year deal with the club only days before the trip to the continent, breaking free down the left side before sliding a finish past the Roma 'keeper.

Both sides had to battle through extremely wet conditions and the home side's best chance of the half actually came courtesy of a set piece ten minutes before the break, Allsop producing a superb save to keep City ahead.

The second half then brought about wholesale changes from Pressley who only retained Lawton and Seaborne for the second half, bringing on Lee Burge, Aaron Phillips, Andy Webster and Pugh to join Seaborne at the back, with Danny Swanson, Billy Daniels and Jack Finch in midfield and an up front pairing of George Thomas and James Maddison.

With the heavy downpours continuing the Sky Blues continued to try and play their passing game but their second goal did not come from open play.

It came in the form of a set piece from Danny Pugh after 74 minutes, the full back making a good connection with the ball and firing through the box and past the 'keeper.

It could have been 3-0 with two minutes to go when James Maddisohn jinked past two players and floated a ball to the far post for Conor Thomas who headed back into the hands of the 'keeper.

City saw out the closing stages though to kick off their tour with a win and a clean sheet to take into their clash with Chievo Verona on Wednesday.

frapalin

I'll go to see the match against Chievo on wednesday, who'll be there? Please contact me by mail ([email protected]) if you want to meet at the stadium... Francesco

Astute

Phone flat and won't charge. At the game tomorrow. Spare phone not set up for Europe. Hope to meet some at game.

skybluetony176

They are pretty poor, near to mid-Championship in standard.

not as poor as us then.

It was a win, 2 new boys on the score sheet and with talk of the weather hampering our pressing, passing attractive playing style (something we all want to see, the playing style that is not the weather). Sounds like a good result to me. It bodes well for next season, I'm certainly more excited about next season than i was before. All thats needed is a return home and a good start so we have something to build on early doors.

SlowerThanPlatt

Coventry City have arranged a fourth friendly match on their Italian tour – Steven Pressley’s men will face an Italian League select 11 at their Molveno training ground on Saturday morning (11am UK time) before flying back to England in the afternoon.

Users who are viewing this thread