Pre-season Starting Tomorrow (1 Viewer)

TakeMeHome

How much can we read into who isnt there tomorrow ?
By my reckoning.. The following may not report tomorrow:

G. Thomas
Haynes
Turnbull
Beavon

Also maybe (although i think they will train even if they are leaving):

Willis
Stevenson
Harries

In addition to the above, wonder if we will have any triaists?

steve82

How much can we read into who isnt there tomorrow ?
By my reckoning.. The following may not report tomorrow:

G. Thomas
Haynes
Turnbull
Beavon

Also maybe (although i think they will train even if they are leaving):

Willis
Stevenson
Harries

In addition to the above, wonder if we will have any triaists?

Surely all players unless released have to turn up as they are still contracted. Even if it's for a meeting rather than running drills conditional work.

Is this the last chance meeting to see plans and will MR withdraw contracts offered and press forward in other options?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Why would Turnbull and Beavon not turn up? They're still under contract.

They'd be silly not to, unless they are given permission to train with another club

They may not want to be here but they're still contracted to us.

I'd quite like them both to stay, and maybe Robins can convince them to!

no_loyalty

Surely all players unless released have to turn up as they are still contracted. Even if it's for a meeting rather than running drills conditional work.

Is this the last chance meeting to see plans and will MR withdraw contracts offered and press forward in other options?

Agree they should all be there, as they are still under contract albeit only until Friday

Sbarcher

Who's watching the Ryton gate this morning?

Esoterica

The reality of league 2 has finally sunk in and I've just changed my BBC browser bookmark from league 1 to league 2
giphy.gif

Last edited:

ccfchoi87

Thomas and harries surely won't be there they've just finished that tournament. They'd have been given an extra week to rest hopefully

steve82

Thomas and harries surely won't be there they've just finished that tournament. They'd have been given an extra week to rest hopefully

I'd of thought they'd be back next week too as there fitness ain't likely to of dropped.

Esoterica

I'd still have everyone back in tomorrow for the pre season brief. Important to kick off a pre-season promotion campaign feeling like an inclusive team with a proper collective understanding of what the plans are between now and August 5th even if everyone is not yet ready to be out on the grass in the afternoon.

Liquid Gold

Today will just be a team meeting with Robins outlining what he expects from them and possibly some condition analysis.

Esoterica

just awaiting the telegraph picture of some of the players running on some grass, followed by 10 pages of "whos that guy 3rd on the right ?"
Be interesting to see if we have many trial players this summer or whether that was just another part of the Mowbray recruitment bullshit. Seemed to be a revolving door last year whereas the recruitment this year has been much more targetted.

stevefloyd

The Sky Blues will be put through their paces with a two-day programme of fitness tests at Warwick University before taking to the grass with a ball at Ryton on Thursday and Friday.

And the man helping to assess the players’ fitness is former Sky Blues Academy graduate and Nuneaton Town legend Mark Noon, who is a lecturer in sport and exercise science at Warwick Uni which has forged strong links with the club.

Asked what the players will be doing over the next two days Noon, who is also assistant manager to former Nuneaton boss Kevin Wilkin at Brackley Town in Northamptonshire, said: “It’s basically to get some baseline assessments to see what level the players are at.

stevefloyd

The players will be going in in pairs staggered over the two days.

“They will be doing some body composition assessments looking at muscle and fat mass,” said Noon,
“There are a couple of these tests, one where they stand on the plates and jump as high as they can and then there’s another which is called a drop jump where they drop down onto the plate and then jump up. It measures exactly that and also looks at their jump strategy, how they jump and how that changes with fatigue. And there can be markers throughout the season as to whether a player is ready to train or play.”

He added: “The last test is the Vo2 max test on the treadmill which is a mark of their aerobic power, which is important for them to recover from those really intense, short bursts that they regularly do in a match.

SlowerThanPlatt

Lee Burge
Liam O'Brien
Reice Charles Cook
Corey Addai

Jordan Willis
Chris Stokes
Jordan Turnbull (?)
Cian Harries
Dion Kelly-Evans
Rod McDonald
Dominic Hyam
Darragh Leahy
Chris Camwell
Reece Ford
Jordon Thompson
Jak Hickman

Jodi Jones
Kyel Reid
Devon Kelly-Evans
Ben Stevenson
Bilal Sayoud
Callum Maycock
Jordan Shipley
Michael Doyle
Liam Kelly
Kyle Finn
Tom Bayliss

Kwame Thomas
Stuart Beavon (?)
Marc McNulty
Jordan Ponticelli
Maxime Biamou

Players yet to decide futures:
George Thomas
Ryan Haynes

mark82

Lee Burge
Liam O'Brien
Reice Charles Cook
Corey Addai

Jordan Willis
Chris Stokes
Jordan Turnbull (?)
Cian Harries
Dion Kelly-Evans
Rod McDonald
Dominic Hyam
Darragh Leahy
Chris Camwell
Reece Ford
Jordon Thompson
Jak Hickman

Jodi Jones
Kyel Reid
Devon Kelly-Evans
Ben Stevenson
Bilal Sayoud
Callum Maycock
Jordan Shipley
Michael Doyle
Liam Kelly
Kyle Finn
Tom Bayliss

Kwame Thomas
Stuart Beavon (?)
Marc McNulty
Jordan Ponticelli
Maxime Biamou

Players yet to decide futures:
George Thomas
Ryan Haynes

If we can get Thomas signed up that squad doesn't look bad.

Also missed Peter Vincenti.

Users who are viewing this thread