Pre- season tour (1 Viewer)

Porkchophill

Just back from a week away supporting the lads got to see 2 out of the 3 games missed the middle 1 because we turned up at the willem ground to find out the game was miles away up north . I think as everyone gathered the first game was against weaker opposition but it seemed to give the team a confidence that they carried on to the next 2 fixtures , found the players very friendly and approachable we steered clear of asking about all the off field s##t it was nice to go and watch footy without everything else thrown in ,got to say I think the manager has got the team looking extremely fit ( even oggy looked trim ) seems to be a good bond going on , very impressed with lee burge , Blair Adams the always reliable murphy and the fear of flecky not being fit didn't seem warranted looked very composed on the ball and some flashes of trickery !
One of the main reasons for me coming on here tonight was to say that I wasn't convinced about the manager at the start but talking and listening to him this week and being in close proximity to him giving out instructions during the game I can assure you all this man knows his football ,he constantly talked the players through the games told them exactly where they should be and what they should be doing and they seemed to respond , all I fear is that he won't be given the time or the tools to do the job this team is gonna rely on youth this season and we have got some great talent and a very capable manager !
Also like to say well done to everyone who attended the protest it was great to see there is still passion out there for out team wish I could of been there but like I said earlier it was great just to watch the footy .

ricohman

Thanks for the report, sounds promising.

Just a pity sp is being rumoured to leave us soon in another thread

Porkchophill

Well I think we all learn never to rule out anything (mark Robbins ) but the way he was talking didn't seem like he was going anywhere

ricohman

Hope so,
Ive said this before on here, this is an honest football post related to our current team which sounds good for our future with sp in charge yet people would rather moan and argue in other bad news threads rather than comment here.

Rant over lol

orig skyblue87

I managed the three games and echo your thoughts on the players and the manager.

Personally i was impressed with Christie, Fleck and Burge too, although Murphy to made some great saves, in the last two games.

I also managed to get get to talk to SP, he was very approachable, knowledgeable and understood the fans plight. Totally agree about his man management he was in constant dialogue with all of the players and often predicted correctly before things happened on the pitch.

All in all a great week, nice weather, hotel , food and of course the Dutch beer!

Just back from a week away supporting the lads got to see 2 out of the 3 games missed the middle 1 because we turned up at the willem ground to find out the game was miles away up north . I think as everyone gathered the first game was against weaker opposition but it seemed to give the team a confidence that they carried on to the next 2 fixtures , found the players very friendly and approachable we steered clear of asking about all the off field s##t it was nice to go and watch footy without everything else thrown in ,got to say I think the manager has got the team looking extremely fit ( even oggy looked trim ) seems to be a good bond going on , very impressed with lee burge , Blair Adams the always reliable murphy and the fear of flecky not being fit didn't seem warranted looked very composed on the ball and some flashes of trickery !
One of the main reasons for me coming on here tonight was to say that I wasn't convinced about the manager at the start but talking and listening to him this week and being in close proximity to him giving out instructions during the game I can assure you all this man knows his football ,he constantly talked the players through the games told them exactly where they should be and what they should be doing and they seemed to respond , all I fear is that he won't be given the time or the tools to do the job this team is gonna rely on youth this season and we have got some great talent and a very capable manager !
Also like to say well done to everyone who attended the protest it was great to see there is still passion out there for out team wish I could of been there but like I said earlier it was great just to watch the footy .

DazzleTommyDazzle

I wasn't sure about Pressley when he arrived - simply because I didn't know enough about his managerial style - but I'd say that he seems to be doing pretty well so far.

covcity4life

its ok to be not sure, its the fact that some fans turned on him after 3 games!

they are the same fans who think england are the best national team mind lol

Porkchophill

He certainly looks the real deal the team held their shape he was making a big point of closing down and pressurising the opposition defending from the front ,also encouraging the wide players forward ,have to say he had leon Clarke and moussa chasing and pressuring every ball

Users who are viewing this thread