Prediction League Banter 2011 / 2012 (1 Viewer)

beduth

Somethings happening , there is now a table for season standings , of which it seems we are all on nil points .

Tonylinc

Looks like we are all now on nil points and furthermore there only appears to be about a third of the entries that there were before. Perhaps it is only those that have placed bets for this week within the last 24hours that are on the list. Should we tell the rest to re-do their bets?......ah... perhaps no then at least I will be able to get near the top!:pimp:

Darn it - missed predicting Friday's fixture C palace v Derby, first one i've missed.

This could cost me the title !!!

Woe is me ..........

PUSB

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
I'll keep doing my predictions but I reckon we've lost all the previous data, so a bit of a waste really :(

|f you go to the Prediction League sheet Current Season "English Championship" (the second of the two) and then open up the "Matchday" tag a drop down menu of match week numbers appears from week 1 through to end of season week 46.

If you select any week from 1 up to week 19 there is no record of "Your Bet" alongside the actual "Result" column - but it is there in week 20.

Feel a bit uncomfortable with that and I hope Nick can quickly sort it acknowledging that it appears to be a bit more tricky than first thought.

PUSB

Nick

Administrator
I think it might be fixed?

If you get an error, can you post up what you clicked on and I will try and fix that too.

Disorganised1

Whoop Whoop !

sky_blue_up_north

Yeap working nw, good work Nick, plus the fact I'm storming up the league now. Bit like the City pushing on in the second half of the season :whistle:

beduth

Great news ,looks like we are are back on line , well done to all concerned.:)
Personall note iv`e moved up about 30 places , now on 3rd page .

Last edited:
I predicted the correct score but whether I collected the three points or not remains to be seen?

"Oh contraire" as Del Boy used to say - I didn't miss predicting the C Palace v Derby game after all I actually did predict and got it right and ended up with 10 points and 21st position !!!

PUSB

The Reverend Skyblue

what an appalling week for me, just 3 points thats all. I seem to have 1 week that i do really well but its followed by 3 weeks ineptitude.
By the way Torchy, good week for you, pity you did'nt start at beginning of the season , but well done for doing it, and you'll soon catch me up.

The Rev

Houchens Head

Same here Rich. Can't believe how badly I'm doing!! Only got 2 points from New Year period!

Disorganised1

You got 14 over the 3 festive matches though. There are some weird results at the moment though.

That explains why I've shot up then.

Houchens Head

Can't get me 'ead round this.....
Today I predicted:
Hull v P'boro as 2-0. The actual score was 1-0 and I get 1 point.
Brighton v Bristol C as 2-0. The actual score was 2-1 and I get 1 point.
So how come I predict Pompey v West Ham as 1-2 and the result is 0-1 and yet I get 2 points?
I find this a very confusing scoring system :confused:
I thought I should have had 2 points for the first results I've mentioned because there is only one goal in it?
Can we have a simpler points system please? Old farts like me are not happy bunnies! :(

Sub

1 poiint for predicting winner
2 points for only one goal difference predicted ie 2-1 predicted actual score 1-0
3 points for correct score predicted

i think

Houchens Head

That's what I thought Sub. So how is it I've only got 1 point for the first two predictions as mentioned?

Sub

bristol lost 2-0 you predicted 2-1 there for only one point because there was a 2 goal difference i think >???

Houchens Head

2-0 .... 2-1. I think thats just the ONE goal in it?

dutchman

wwwskybluestalkcoukvbso.png

rob9872

Houch

Think of it as goal difference in the league:

1-0 & 2-1 you are both -1 in goal difference so although you got the correct score wrong you got the margin of victory correct
2-0 & 2-1 would be -2 & -1 so the correct score wrong and the margin of victory wrong so less points

I hope that make sense - its certainly my interpretation of it

Houchens Head

I still think Nick should sort points scoring out a bit better.

Users who are viewing this thread