Pressley's lot! (1 Viewer)

standupforcity

The buck stops with sisu for the dire state of affairs at our club!!!! As I've heard on hear 'you can't eat a steak with a rubber fork'...and that's what Pressley's been given. Impossible to tell if his tactics work if you don't have the players to do the job...and right now it's impossible to see what's what. I know I've seen enough missed opportunities in front of goal this season, to know that a quality player would put it away, and then where would we be??!! And the same goes for our defence! I have no idea about Pressley anymore, but I believe it would be the same for anyone given the job he's expected to do! Nothing will change till sisu are history! These are very dark depressing days for the supporters, but Pressley is the 'front man' and he has a terrible script....and I feel a little sorry for him!

Nick

Administrator
.......but the players are his and are not performing for him.

Not sure how it's solely SISU's fault and Pressley has no part to play?

Because people can't and won't see past SISU.

Exactly the same as when we had Thorn.

Sky Blue Kid

Stop bringing in 30-40 s**t players. Get 6-8 GOOD players who's wages would be less in total, Then and only then will we see if SP is as good as he thinks he is eh?

standupforcity

The idea that nobody could do any better than Pressley is currently is absolutely ludicrous.

Who do you have in mind? And what would be the attraction to give it a go? Not the squad surely?! Not the owners...so who'd like this challenge and could do better?

Nick

Administrator
Who do you have in mind? And what would be the attraction to give it a go? Not the squad surely?! Not the owners...so who'd like this challenge and could do better?

If Pressley goes, I think there would be 30 - 40 CV's within a couple of days.

We had all this when we had Thorn.

hill83

It's irrelevant who he has in mind. The point is someone could do better than Pressley and you are effectively saying nobody could.

ajsccfc

I don't need to have anyone in mind, I'm saying that Pressley isn't doing as well as he possibly can under the circumstances. He's shown an inability to change games and he's put out teams who have been good enough to earn a lead yet not hold on to it. Suggesting that the manager and coaching staff may not be doing a great job isn't excusing the shitty owners.

If nobody could do a better job, technically that means Pressley is performing perfectly under the circumstances. Which is of course bollocks.

jimmyhillsfanclub

Our squad is a rag-bag collection, but more than capable of achieving mid-table mediocrity.....

.....Unfortunately, SP falls way short of such standards & appears to be in denial about that fact....

standupforcity

I don't need to have anyone in mind, I'm saying that Pressley isn't doing as well as he possibly can under the circumstances. He's shown an inability to change games and he's put out teams who have been good enough to earn a lead yet not hold on to it. Suggesting that the manager and coaching staff may not be doing a great job isn't excusing the shitty owners.

If nobody could do a better job, technically that means Pressley is performing perfectly under the circumstances. Which is of course bollocks.

So what is the team he should be putting out? I'm confused! You seem to be saying we have the squad to do better, but Pressley can't see it! Who does he have a blind spot about? I mentioned in my OP we don't have the strikers or defenders to do the job...so who in the squad could do the job!!

hill83

So what is the team he should be putting out? I'm confused! You seem to be saying we have the squad to do better, but Pressley can't see it! Who does he have a blind spot about? I mentioned in my OP we don't have the strikers or defenders to do the job...so who in the squad could do the job!!

Quickly answer to this one. You mentioned we don't have the players to do the job. Not him.

ajsccfc

I'm not sure where you're getting that I have this magical list of alternative managers and players. I'm saying that Pressley is not very good at managing who he has, and they're capable of better than winning one home game in four months. If the defence against this is that both manager and players are performing to 100% but circumstance is hampering them, I'm not sure there's much more I can say to you.

standupforcity

I'm not sure where you're getting that I have this magical list of alternative managers and players. I'm saying that Pressley is not very good at managing who he has, and they're capable of better than winning one home game in four months. If the defence against this is that both manager and players are performing to 100% but circumstance is hampering them, I'm not sure there's much more I can say to you.

No I'm not saying that. All I'm suggesting here is that Pressley is getting most of the flak because he's the front man, he's visible, it's his 'lot'.....and if our squad isn't good enough, it doesn't matter how hard you try. And I guess in the end, you run out of ideas...and that seems to be what's happening at the moment!

Nick

Administrator
No I'm not saying that. All I'm suggesting here is that Pressley is getting most of the flak because he's the front man, he's visible, it's his 'lot'.....and if our squad isn't good enough, it doesn't matter how hard you try. And I guess in the end, you run out of ideas...and that seems to be what's happening at the moment!

Look past the squad too, look at tactics, look a failure to address opposition changes and having no idea how to deal with them, look at game plans, look at the way the team is laid out, look at how players dont seem to be able to go forward (if they do they get shouted at), look at the way we can't defend a lead.

ajsccfc

Nobody's without blame, but the squad we have should be capable of higher than where we currently sit.

Pressley seems incapable of changing this at present, and I don't believe for a single second that a manager with actual nous or something about them couldn't see us better than 20th spot in the third division.

hill83

Look past the squad too, look at tactics, look a failure to address opposition changes and having no idea how to deal with them, look at game plans, look at the way the team is laid out, look at how players dont seem to be able to go forward (if they do they get shouted at), look at the way we can't defend a lead.

Choose life. Choose a job. Choose a career. Choose a family. Choose a fucking big television, Choose washing machines, cars, compact disc players, and electrical tin can openers. Choose good health, low cholesterol and dental insurance. Choose fixed-interest mortgage repayments. Choose a starter home. Choose your friends. Choose leisure wear and matching luggage. Choose a three piece suite on hire purchase in a range of fucking fabrics. Choose DIY and wondering who the fuck you are on a Sunday morning. Choose sitting on that couch watching mind-numbing spirit-crushing game shows, stuffing fucking junk food into your mouth. Choose rotting away at the end of it all, pishing your last in a miserable home, nothing more than an embarrassment to the selfish, fucked-up brats you have spawned to replace yourself. Choose your future. Choose life . . . But why would I want to do a thing like that? I chose not to choose life: I chose something else. And the reasons? There are no reasons. Who needs reasons when you've got heroin?

Nick

Administrator
Choose life. Choose a job. Choose a career. Choose a family. Choose a fucking big television, Choose washing machines, cars, compact disc players, and electrical tin can openers. Choose good health, low cholesterol and dental insurance. Choose fixed-interest mortgage repayments. Choose a starter home. Choose your friends. Choose leisure wear and matching luggage. Choose a three piece suite on hire purchase in a range of fucking fabrics. Choose DIY and wondering who the fuck you are on a Sunday morning. Choose sitting on that couch watching mind-numbing spirit-crushing game shows, stuffing fucking junk food into your mouth. Choose rotting away at the end of it all, pishing your last in a miserable home, nothing more than an embarrassment to the selfish, fucked-up brats you have spawned to replace yourself. Choose your future. Choose life . . . But why would I want to do a thing like that? I chose not to choose life: I chose something else. And the reasons? There are no reasons. Who needs reasons when you've got heroin?

Park Life!

ajsccfc

The fact he got himself off the heroin to become a jedi is an inspiring life lesson for the kids.

standupforcity

So who's your man to take the helm of this sinking ship Nick? It seems you're of the opinion a new skipper solve our problem....

Nick

Administrator
So who's your man to take the helm of this sinking ship Nick? It seems you're of the opinion a new skipper solve our problem....

I would have to see the list of CV's I guess. Anybody with half a clue about man management, tactics etc.

ajsccfc

If I was to say Simeon Jackson's been a disappointment, do I need to produce a list of currently available strikers for the point to count or is Jackson clearly being disappointing to anyone with eyes enough?

Nick

Administrator
But people were praising him for those very qualities, not long ago, when he had some decent players to work with...

Who?

I have been saying for months he reminds me of Thorn when it comes to changes and tactics and not having much of a clue of how to react to opposition changes. I remember saying it at Sixfields.

A decent manager gets the best out of what they have, doesn't just moan they can't have Messi and Ronaldo and use that as an excuse.

ccfctommy

The buck stops with sisu for the dire state of affairs at our club!!!! As I've heard on hear 'you can't eat a steak with a rubber fork'...and that's what Pressley's been given. Impossible to tell if his tactics work if you don't have the players to do the job...and right now it's impossible to see what's what. I know I've seen enough missed opportunities in front of goal this season, to know that a quality player would put it away, and then where would we be??!! And the same goes for our defence! I have no idea about Pressley anymore, but I believe it would be the same for anyone given the job he's expected to do! Nothing will change till sisu are history! These are very dark depressing days for the supporters, but Pressley is the 'front man' and he has a terrible script....and I feel a little sorry for him!

This old bollocks again....

Samo

Its SISU's fault for employing the daft bastard in the first place! :whistle:

Nick

Administrator
Its SISU's fault for employing the daft bastard in the first place! :whistle:

The same as it was SISU's fault he was going to go to Huddersfield because he was a good manager and they didnt pay him enough etc etc.

Malaka

Who would take the job FFS? if they did they would be mad to, we have had too many managers, shite owners, no stadium and anyone that is any good gets sold. Personally I wouldn't trust anyone to manage this club that is stupid enough to want the job. Even if they were any good, they would go at the earliest opportunity.
Dave Phillips on the radio said that Mark Robbins told him that things were going to go pear shaped and left. The club is shite and we will achieve nothing while these shysters own the club.

standupforcity

Who would take the job FFS? if they did they would be mad to, we have had too many managers, shite owners, no stadium and anyone that is any good gets sold. Personally I wouldn't trust anyone to manage this club that is stupid enough to want the job. Even if they were any good, they would go at the earliest opportunity.
Dave Phillips on the radio said that Mark Robbins told him that things were going to go pear shaped and left. The club is shite and we will achieve nothing while these shysters own the club.

Yep...and truth is this club has been on the decline ever since sisu walked through the door!

Users who are viewing this thread