Preston (H) Pre-match Talk. (1 Viewer)

CovInEssex

No Clingan or McPake, i just hope we dont concede first. Or else their will be uproar at Coleman.

Will no doubt be the lowest attendence of the season with the 200 from Lancashire, and an atmosphere like a graveyard all round.

Not looking foward to this one, however, it is paramount we take maximum points.

PUSB?

SuperFred

Not very confident to be honest and can see the fans really turning on Coleman if we go behind. I think it will be a typical end of season game, not many chances and can't really see us scoring. I think we will lose 1-0 in front of less than 15000 fans and a nice library atmosphere.

SkyBlueKay

Facebook User
Although I'm dubious after the results we've had recently, I've gone for 1-0 to us. Wish I could be that optimistic in my life! haha

skyblueprincess

oh forget the Malibu in the water bottle .. this week me thinks i need vodka ... and lots of it ... in my heart im going for 2-1 to us ... lol .... but in reality i think we lose 1-0

P.U.S.B

spowelly45

Guys, we can't win can we , there is no motivation anywhere . Sorry but this has to come from Coleman and as much as i like his pre and post match analysis it's got to come to an end please. I'm not one for the quick sack the manager we've just lost 3 games but i can say that we as a team have not improved in 2 1/2 years! It's not going to change chaps lets get real here!:confused:

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
I didnt realise Clingan wasnt playing? The CCFC official site only says Osbourne, McPake, Stead, Deegan for definite and Sears & Gunnarsson doubtful, with Eastwood carrying a knock

......... did i say only!!!!!

Its just like the last bad run..... the squad is too small

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
maybe this is an opportunity to give some of the young lads a go. Jeffers could get a start especially as PNE have problems at center half. But with Gunner, Deegan and now apparently Clingan missing its the central midfield that worries me

CovInEssex

I do think we'll do the business.

I just hope this fine weather continues so we get a cough respectable cough attendence.

Sky Blue Luke

McPake, Deegan, Stead, Osbourne and Turner out tomorrow then, with Sears and Freddy doubtful, is Sammy out too?

Really cba with this one, only reason I'm going is to see my cousin sign on the pitch :p

SkyBluesAndy

Facebook User
I was feeling confident about this one until I saw all the players we have out, it's going to be a tough game now! I'm gonna go for a 2-1 to us anyway. Wonder if the fat Steven Gerrard will be playing for PNE?

T

TrevorsathisPeake

Yeah,he just sits and dictates play,never emptys the midfield.Gunnarsson on the other hand runs round all over the place.Sammys key for us.

Mach1na

Well, just got back and am disappointed. :(

Thought we played well in the first half. Freddy scored! :)

So what does Coleman do then, play 4-5-1 and puts Freddy on the wing!?!? Seriously what is he thinking! Freddy should have been kept up front as I bet he was full of confidence. Instead we get Morrison who spends all of his time moaning like a baby.

I can't believe Coleman sometimes!

Ps. I thought the reaction to McIndoe's substitution was completely out of order.

Last edited:

SuperFred

SuperFred!!!!!!!

The reaction to Mcindoe's substitution was out of order, i thought he was one of our better players. Another pretty disappointing performance but we scored a goal!!! :p

I still feel that Coleman needs to be sacked, 53 points 2 years ago, 54 points last season and 53 this with 2 games left. Have we made progress? No.

I still feel that Coleman needs to be sacked, 53 points 2 years ago, 54 points last season and 53 this with 2 games left. Have we made progress? No.

Like most supporters, you are only looking at what happens on the pitch.
I would bet that since CC took over, the wage bill has been cut in half!
Whether you like it or not football clubs are a business and the team would not exist without the club.
We are fortunate in that we have a Chairman that knows business AND football - he also brings the stability every successful club needs. I bet there has been not one occasion in the last 2 years when he considered sacking CC

lord_garrincha

SuperFred!!!!!!!

The reaction to Mcindoe's substitution was out of order, i thought he was one of our better players. Another pretty disappointing performance but we scored a goal!!! :p

The reason McIndoe got the bird when he came off was because he gave the ball away in promising areas a couple of times in the five minutes prior to his subbing.

I agree it was unfair, as I thought he and Eastwood were the only two players that did anything in the first half.

SkyBluesAndy

Facebook User
Like most supporters, you are only looking at what happens on the pitch.
I would bet that since CC took over, the wage bill has been cut in half!
Whether you like it or not football clubs are a business and the team would not exist without the club.
We are fortunate in that we have a Chairman that knows business AND football - he also brings the stability every successful club needs. I bet there has been not one occasion in the last 2 years when he considered sacking CC

Well said, finally someone with some sense - CC has not had as much money as other managers, Micky Adams spent 1mill on Elliot Ward, 1mill on McKenzie, around 600k-1mill on Kevin Kyle (Doh) and he also brought in Jay Tabb, McNamee, Michael Hughes amongst others. You can say we haven't progressed by our points tally, but we have spent less and got a similar points tally and had a sniff of the play-offs for the very first time in our 9 or 10 seasons down here - on a lower budget. Why do City fans think we have some kind of right to be up there challenging top 6? We have been a mid-table side at best - deal with it and support the team and maybe we can move forward. Everyone is setting their expectations way too high every season.

CovInEssex

Yesterday we were like a kid in a wheelchaire doing the 100m sprint.

Gonna try his hardest, but never gonna win.

T

TrevorsathisPeake

Well said, finally someone with some sense - CC has not had as much money as other managers, Micky Adams spent 1mill on Elliot Ward, 1mill on McKenzie, around 600k-1mill on Kevin Kyle (Doh) and he also brought in Jay Tabb, McNamee, Michael Hughes amongst others. You can say we haven't progressed by our points tally, but we have spent less and got a similar points tally and had a sniff of the play-offs for the very first time in our 9 or 10 seasons down here - on a lower budget. Why do City fans think we have some kind of right to be up there challenging top 6? We have been a mid-table side at best - deal with it and support the team and maybe we can move forward. Everyone is setting their expectations way too high every season.

Clingan,Crainie = both undisclosed,apparantley best part of a million each
Wood=also undisclosed,but also best part of a million
David Bell,Michael McIndoe,Carl Baker,Gunnarson all decent sized fees,especially Bell.
Freddy Eastwood £1.2miliion.
Westwood 500k
Morrison was free but probably huge wages because of that.
thats off the top off my head.i think hes had a decent amount to spend.On paper people would be pleased with these signings and some have worked.Season after season teams with smaller budgets finish above us,WHY IS THAT? Im fed up with it now.

Skybluerhys

David Bell,Michael McIndoe,Carl Baker,Gunnarson all decent sized fees,especially Bell.
Westwood 500k
thats off the top off my head.i think hes had a decent amount to spend.On paper people would be pleased with these signings and some have worked.Season after season teams with smaller budgets finish above us,WHY IS THAT? Im fed up with it now.

I would say majority of them correct, going off top of my head
Westwood-500k
Hussey-300k
Mcpake-300k
Wood-500k going to 750 with clauses
David bell-400k
Mcindoe-300k
Baker-700k
Gunnarrson-400-500k
Clingan-750k
Craine-500k
Eastwood-1.5m
Morrison + Wright-Free but high wages i would imagine

T

TrevorsathisPeake

I think thats a decent amount at this level.I for one hate to see how Leicester are doing,they havent spent great amounts have they? Im not a Coleman hater,im on the fence,yes give managers time i agree but hes had well over 2years and made very little impact.

Last edited by a moderator:

Skybluerhys

I think thats a decent amount at this level.I for one hate to see how Leicester are doing,they havent spent great amounts have they?

Decent amount and more, He is only manager i know to have had more then 5m to spend and we arent in a better postion then when he took over. Time for him out i think!:)

SkyBluesAndy

Facebook User
Westwood 500k

Yes but you have to look at the timescales. If I remember rightly those players I mentioned were all brought in the same season, so Coleman has probably spent around the same amount as other managers in over 2.5 seasons then what they spent in 1 season. The only real big money buy we've made is Eastwood.

On another note, I thought people's reactions to McIndoe was nothing short of disgraceful, he was one of our best players on the pitch on Saturday. It seems once fans get it into their head that they don't like a player they will boo him regardless of his performance. He's really going to feel good after having a good game and fans still getting on his back.

To those people who are moaning and not renewing their season tickets because they are unhappy - good riddance, just don't come moaning on here because the game didn't 'sound' good from listening on the radio. If you're going to rant please do so on the radio phone-in because I never listen to that garbage.

T

TrevorsathisPeake

Im a fan of Mcindoe and thought he did ok sat.Dont think people should boo there own players.I could never understand it with Stern John.He might have been lazy but his goals to game ratio was decent and i thought he always looked good for a goal,yet he still got booed.I remember days after he left people started moaning,saying we are desperate for a goalscorer!!

Users who are viewing this thread