professional fifa player wtf (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
I started watching a show about gamers on BBC last night but fell asleep.

They have thousands of people who go to watch other people play, it is like their are superstars the way people look at them.

Some guy killed somebody else on a game with wizards and the crowd's reaction was like when a goal is scored at a football match.

kapowaz

E-sports is big business apparently, but I think for people of a Certain Generation it will always look completely inscrutable. Personally, I never understood why you'd rather watch a game than play it yourself (because unlike, say, pro sports, you're at least theoretically able to play well yourself). That was until I watched footage of Hearthstone tournaments, which with only a basic level of understanding of the game can actually be very entertaining...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ajsccfc

I think I'm part of that previous generation now so I'm stuck in certain philosophies like multiplayer involving people in the same room and once I've paid for a game I don't want to keep paying on top of that (I will buy certain DLC if it's a proper expansion, but not the in-app purchase boost kind of stuff). Youtube channels of people commenting on games and that kind of business doesn't do it for me, and people shelling out thousands on FIFA Ultimate Team just strikes me as a lucrative footballing Pokémon that I don't want to go near.

Users who are viewing this thread