Promoted Teams (1 Viewer)

blunted

I don't know anything about the promoted teams or their squads. Bookies seem to think Hull will be fine. Peterborough and Blackpool seem to have bought a lot of players, but are they any good at this level? History says promoted teams recently usually struggle. Any opinions if we should be worried about these three. Without any facts to back it up I get the feeling these three will be better than Wycombe and Rotherham. What do the team think?

Ccfcisparks

I don't know anything about the promoted teams or their squads. Bookies seem to think Hull will be fine. Peterborough and Blackpool seem to have bought a lot of players, but are they any good at this level? History says promoted teams recently usually struggle. Any opinions if we should be worried about these three. Without any facts to back it up I get the feeling these three will be better than Wycombe and Rotherham. What do the team think?
Unknown quantities to certain extent. The law of averages shows there will be another big team unexpectedly down there, much like Derby and Forest last year

D

Deleted member 11652

Blackpool’s gaffer is highly thought of isn’t he.

blunted

I am hoping they will all struggle and Derby are deducted points. I was shocked how long we took to adapt last season, as I thought we would be fine. Losing a lot of our main players to injury did not help. Hoping Dabo, Rose, Godden, Walker and Jones will shake off last seasons injury problems and step up to the required level.

Legia Sky Blue

They will all be competitive initially and get the odd good result here & there, but over a whole season I would expect all 3 will be in the bottom 6, with at least 2 of them being relegated.

CDK

Furgeson really hasn't proved himself at this level so don't expect great things from any of em .think Hull will survive,

Happy_Martian

Peterborough have just signed Jorge Grant from Lincoln. Can't see him performing in the Championship as he was only just above average in League 1. As is most of their team anda fair few of their signings. Like us last year, coming up is a massive pay hike so they're buying players they had access to in League 1, not necessarily ones that will cause problems in the Champ. Definitely one of my three to go down.

Hull may make a fist of it using their parachute payments from the year before. Was surprised they were relegated in 19/20 so the only concern is how good they come back as. I can see them turning a few of the poorer Champ clubs over and finishing in the bottom 7 or 8. Doubt they'll go down again.

Blackpool are really the unknowns. Good in spurts last year but whether the team has the ability to go further is guesswork. Putting them in the same category as Rotherham last season. Will surprise a few but expecting them to be near or in the relegation zone for most of the year.

Sky Blue Harry H

Peterborough down, and the other 2 to struggle. At least one of the 2 will return (i.e. same as per last season) There is a big gap between the Championship and L1 (a bit like the PL and the Championship). Sign Viktor and Messi and we'll be good for mid-table.

Happy_Martian

I think Blackburn and Derby will be two of the teams going down so 2 of them will stay up

Agree that Derby are a shitstorm in progress and they will struggle, more so if the EFL had any balls. Blackburn had a terrible run at the end of last season but personally, I can't see them being in trouble.

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

Agree that Derby are a shitstorm in progress and they will struggle, more so if the EFL had any balls. Blackburn had a terrible run at the end of last season but personally, I can't see them being in trouble.
See I see shades of us in the Mowbray season. If they dont get out of their embargo soon, they could be in trouble and based on his time here I’m not sure Mowbray knows how to get off a slide

KenilworthSkyBlue

They've lost Elliot and are likely to lose Armstrong.

Thats a lot of goals and creativity to replace in what was already a massively fading side.

Users who are viewing this thread