Protest groups who's who (1 Viewer)

chiefdave

I can't be the only one that is getting these mixed up.

We've got the Trust, formerly led by Steve who stepped down to run Fighting the Jimmy Hill Way and are now led by Moz. I thought the point of splitting off JHW was so the trust were arms length from protests but they still appear to be involved so not sure what was gained by creating another group.

Then we've got Jimmy Hill Way, formerly led by Steve, not sure who replaced Steve as that info doesn't appear to be on their website.
They were behind the march, the Joy photoshop and sit in but were denying on twitter yesterday having anything to do with whistles or the pitch invasion at the Sheff Utd game.

Next up is Preservation Sky Blues. Seem to be based around facebook and twitter and anonymous.

Finally CovFans2Gether, again based around facebook and twitter and anonymous.

Why so many groups, especially when those behind them remain anonymous? Surely better to merge into one under the direction of the Trust who, as they like to remind us, are the biggest fans group.

If none of these groups were behind things like the whistles and pitch invasion, which were clearly organised in advance, then who is?

Captain Dart

We've got the Trust, formerly led by Steve who stepped down to run Fighting the Jimmy Hill Way and are now led by Moz. I thought the point of splitting off JHW was so the trust were arms length from protests but they still appear to be involved so not sure what was gained by creating another group.

Then we've got Jimmy Hill Way, formerly led by Steve, not sure who replaced Steve as that info doesn't appear to be on their website.
They were behind the march, the Joy photoshop and sit in but were denying on twitter yesterday having anything to do with whistles or the pitch invasion at the Sheff Utd game.

Next up is Preservation Sky Blues. Seem to be based around facebook and twitter and anonymous.

Why so many groups, especially when those behind them remain anonymous? Surely better to merge into one under the direction of the Trust who, as they like to remind us, are the biggest fans group.

If none of these groups were behind things like the whistles and pitch invasion, which were clearly organised in advance, then who is?

Wrong, I suggest you ask David Johnson about all this.

italiahorse

The trust needs to be the main one that deals with the club.
It needs to be a little more controlled as it 'appears' to have had a few loose canons in important positions over the years.
Perhaps each action or statement should be voted on by the members and not at the Trust meetings where only a small proportion of the membership can attend.
In the day of social media this is quite fluid in its operation.
It needs to reset and start again and say forget the past and reestablish links.

Nick

Administrator
It needs to be a little more controlled as it 'appears' to have had a few loose canons in important positions over the years.
Perhaps each action or statement should be voted on by the members and not at the Trust meetings where only a small proportion of the membership can attend.
It needs to reset and start again and say forget the past and reestablish links.

Twice in 2 days I agree!

torchomatic

Come on Otis, surely you can do better than that?!

NorthernWisdom

Bloody hell, I'm agreeing (mostly) with you.

Always think it's madness when decisions are voted on though, that just creates inertia. A board's there to represent me, so I'm happy to let them get on with representing... with the ability to vote them off come election time if they don't tally with what I want them to do.

Downside in that of course is there's never any bugger to vote against with...

SkyBlueZack

I'm not happy about this, but that is the best thing you have ever said!

Take a bow ;)

Stuchop

Single Group, with clear Charismatic leader with clear stated aim i.e. SISU out and Fan Ownership as the replacement (i.e. Not just SISU out)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Captain Dart

Captain Dart

CJ_covblaze

The idea of groups led by anonymous individuals does work. Tangerine Knights are a prime example. There's a case that there are too many groups so the idea of The JHWA was to bring them all under one banner to bang ideas around and help each other achieve the overall goal.

I think it was just random individuals with the whistles. I have no idea what they hoped to achieve.

Grendel

Why stop there?

London Supporters Group
Stadium Committee
Supporters Consultation Group
NOPM
Grendel's Angels
Nasty Nick and the Torcherettes
Sky Blue Kid
RFC and his home care team

You omitted the Council Care Home ran by Council Dart with you as the management trust paying him a meagre wage - hence his nonsensical posts.

CJ_covblaze

It was a question, must have him mixed up with someone else.

Dave Johnson was involved with CCLFC before their move to Coventry United. He hasn't ever had anything to do with the men's team or any other of their teams aside from the Ladies.

Grendel

The chap that used to post on here about Cov Utd?

He was Lamtara wasn't he? Always supporting the ccfc women's team initially as he worked with them I.e. Vested interest.

chiefdave

The idea of groups led by anonymous individuals does work. Tangerine Knights are a prime example.
Guess it depends what you class as working. They still have the same owners they are trying to get rid of several years down the line.
There's a case that there are too many groups so the idea of The JHWA was to bring them all under one banner to bang ideas around and help each other achieve the overall goal.
But then you have them claiming no knowledge of the whistles or pitch invasion at the Sheff Utd game. Seems pointless having a group to bring everyone under one banner if they have no clue what's going on.
I think it was just random individuals with the whistles. I have no idea what they hoped to achieve.
That's where things aren't being thought through. If you have a protest involving whistles a bit of thought would tell you people might bring them to the next game. Why not get ahead of the problem and make it clear its unacceptable before hand.

To me its far better to have one group, with a clear objective and a plan for what happens should that objective be achieved.

shmmeee

You omitted the Council Care Home ran by Council Dart with you as the management trust paying him a meagre wage - hence his nonsensical posts.

I thought I was quite nice to you, let you pick the angels and everything.

SkyBlueCoco88

I agree with the OP here that there are too many groups all with similar agendas. Why is it so difficult to have one group to represent the fans and have a common goal and an open line of communication with the club? I know I'll probably get crucified for this but why not have someone who can talk to Tim Fisher? Keep your enemies close and all that. From the conversations I've had with other fans the main concern seems to be too many groups with no real direction. Maybe with a democratic trust we could stop the infighting and hopefully achieve our aim of getting our club back?

CJ_covblaze

Guess it depends what you class as working. They still have the same owners they are trying to get rid of several years down the line.

But then you have them claiming no knowledge of the whistles or pitch invasion at the Sheff Utd game. Seems pointless having a group to bring everyone under one banner if they have no clue what's going on.

That's where things aren't being thought through. If you have a protest involving whistles a bit of thought would tell you people might bring them to the next game. Why not get ahead of the problem and make it clear its unacceptable before hand.

To me its far better to have one group, with a clear objective and a plan for what happens should that objective be achieved.

Thanks for the feedback and will take the points on board. The JHW deliberately didn't do anything that would interfere with the game. Today they publicly endorsed the Trust statement regarding whistles. So if/when it happens again next game what happens then? Who gets the blame?

CJ_covblaze

I agree with the OP here that there are too many groups all with similar agendas. Why is it so difficult to have one group to represent the fans and have a common goal and an open line of communication with the club? I know I'll probably get crucified for this but why not have someone who can talk to Tim Fisher? Keep your enemies close and all that. From the conversations I've had with other fans the main concern seems to be too many groups with no real direction. Maybe with a democratic trust we could stop the infighting and hopefully achieve our aim of getting our club back?

No reason to think you'll get crucified. You're making some valid points. However I don't think having an open dialogue with Tim will make any difference. Like many others I feel that I could pick up the phone and talk to Tim about the club, football, life, etc until the cows come home. Hopefully he feels the same. The problem is rightly or wrongly, no matter what he says and whoever he says it to the fans won't ever trust him again. For his own sake/reputation as much as the club's I hope he isn't here much longer. What does he have to gain by being here? I believe he isn't taking a salary. Even if he was and it was well into six figures he could still earn more elsewhere for doing less hours in the field he has worked in. If I was him I'd rather sit at home or on a beach rather than earning a relatively small sum and being called a wanker by several thousand people in unison every week. The bridge is burnt and the forest has ran out of wood. The relationship is irreparable.

Keep it in mind that there is a democratic trust here already. It's not perfect but what is? We have got things wrong but on the whole I'd like to think we've done a large amount of good. Some of those things are reported, some aren't, some can't be. Genuine question, what do you want to see from the Trust? What do you want us to do for you? Probably guilty of not asking those questions enough down the years tbf.

rob9872

I'm leading the Annan Athletic 2017/18 season ticket renewals group. If you're not with us you're against us!

Users who are viewing this thread