Protest groups who's who (1 Viewer)

Gazolba

<snip>

We've got the Trust, formerly led by Steve who stepped down to run Fighting the Jimmy Hill Way and are now led by Moz. I thought the point of splitting off JHW was so the trust were arms length from protests but they still appear to be involved so not sure what was gained by creating another group.

Then we've got Jimmy Hill Way, formerly led by Steve, not sure who replaced Steve as that info doesn't appear to be on their website.
They were behind the march, the Joy photoshop and sit in but were denying on twitter yesterday having anything to do with whistles or the pitch invasion at the Sheff Utd game.

Next up is Preservation Sky Blues. Seem to be based around facebook and twitter and anonymous.

Finally CovFans2Gether, again based around facebook and twitter and anonymous.

Why so many groups, especially when those behind them remain anonymous? Surely better to merge into one under the direction of the Trust who, as they like to remind us, are the biggest fans group.

<snip>
And don't forget FUSS. A somewhat secretive organization that operates by stealth rather than open protests. I'm sure you can figure out what the first two initials stand for and the last two refer to the owners. I'm not a member but I know people who know people who are.

SkyBlueCoco88

No reason to think you'll get crucified. You're making some valid points. However I don't think having an open dialogue with Tim will make any difference. Like many others I feel that I could pick up the phone and talk to Tim about the club, football, life, etc until the cows come home. Hopefully he feels the same. The problem is rightly or wrongly, no matter what he says and whoever he says it to the fans won't ever trust him again. For his own sake/reputation as much as the club's I hope he isn't here much longer. What does he have to gain by being here? I believe he isn't taking a salary. Even if he was and it was well into six figures he could still earn more elsewhere for doing less hours in the field he has worked in. If I was him I'd rather sit at home or on a beach rather than earning a relatively small sum and being called a wanker by several thousand people in unison every week. The bridge is burnt and the forest has ran out of wood. The relationship is irreparable.

Keep it in mind that there is a democratic trust here already. It's not perfect but what is? We have got things wrong but on the whole I'd like to think we've done a large amount of good. Some of those things are reported, some aren't, some can't be. Genuine question, what do you want to see from the Trust? What do you want us to do for you? Probably guilty of not asking those questions enough down the years tbf.
Personally I agree I think TF needs to step away from the club for the good of everyone involved, either that or have some concrete information on stadium/academy/Ryton to try and at least offer an olive branch to the fans (not customers Tim!!!)

In regards from what I want from the Trust, I want to see a united front which has clear and distinguished ideas moving forward. I agree Sisu have to go but is it the Trusts aim to take over? If so what's the plan when they do? In an ideal world all groups would fall under one banner and the infighting would stop. I personally think the easiest way to gain this is to push the reset button and reelect anybody who wants to run for positions within the Trust. Furthermore, we live in a digital 24/7 world where work patterns won't necessarily allow attendance to meetings, surely this has already been addressed by the Trust, if not this should be something that is paramount to make sure as many voices get heard and that the trust can reach out to as many possible.

Again these are just suggestions but moving forward myself alongside many city fans would love to have the trust representing us, just after a few tweaks

CJ_covblaze

Personally I agree I think TF needs to step away from the club for the good of everyone involved, either that or have some concrete information on stadium/academy/Ryton to try and at least offer an olive branch to the fans (not customers Tim!!!)

In regards from what I want from the Trust, I want to see a united front which has clear and distinguished ideas moving forward. I agree Sisu have to go but is it the Trusts aim to take over? If so what's the plan when they do? In an ideal world all groups would fall under one banner and the infighting would stop. I personally think the easiest way to gain this is to push the reset button and reelect anybody who wants to run for positions within the Trust. Furthermore, we live in a digital 24/7 world where work patterns won't necessarily allow attendance to meetings, surely this has already been addressed by the Trust, if not this should be something that is paramount to make sure as many voices get heard and that the trust can reach out to as many possible.

Again these are just suggestions but moving forward myself alongside many city fans would love to have the trust representing us, just after a few tweaks

Thank you and like always I will take it on board and pass it on. The ownership question is one that's open for debate. We have a plan in place that is on the shelf and ready to go if the worst was to happen. Aside from Wycombe, Wimbledon, etc for obvious reasons every trust in the country has that or should do anyway. The only way how we can proceed with our involvement in a takeover is with proper fan consultation. Hire a room, thrash around some ideas that are put forwards, decide what to do and maybe realise it wasn't quite right so repeat until it is. With regards to Fisher I think he could sign us Sanchez and Harzard & build us a 45000 seater inside the Ring Road and most would still not believe a word he says. Sad really but he's never going to win us all over.

Skyblueweeman

Thank you and like always I will take it on board and pass it on. The ownership question is one that's open for debate. We have a plan in place that is on the shelf and ready to go if the worst was to happen. Aside from Wycombe, Wimbledon, etc for obvious reasons every trust in the country has that or should do anyway. The only way how we can proceed with our involvement in a takeover is with proper fan consultation. Hire a room, thrash around some ideas that are put forwards, decide what to do and maybe realise it wasn't quite right so repeat until it is. With regards to Fisher I think he could sign us Sanchez and Harzard & build us a 45000 seater inside the Ring Road and most would still not believe a word he says. Sad really but he's never going to win us all over.

CJ, I posted this on the investment thread the other day...

Is there any expertise amongst the fan base to approach potential investors? Does the SBT have people on board who could put something together to take to potential investors?

Enough of all this 'who's to blame' bollocks. Everything is for sale for the right place. Some sort of plan needs to be put in place by people with some business nous about them, that can be taken to people with contacts.

Someone needs to find out from Wasps/ACL about long term viability at the Ricoh (as much as that pains me....), understand from CCC about the training ground implications and then approach those with pennies about investment potential. I'd imagine some plan would include the following:

* Brief history of CCFC
* Current synopsis of where we currently are
* Current issues (ground agreement, academy, training ground, disenchanted/fragmented fan base)
* Potential ground solutions (Long term deal with ACL, Something at BPA, ANOther site)
* Potential training ground solutions (Redevelop Ryton, Warwick Uni, ANOther site)
* Potential academy solutions (Joint usage with Wasps, Warwick Uni, ANOther site)
* Fanbase - attendances overviews, regional demographics, fan base potential, marketing opportunities
* SBITC - Promoting the good work already done in the community
* Sponsorship & Marketing opportunities - Are there local companies that might invest with new owners? What do these opportunities look like? What could be gained from them in terms of renewed fan interest/financial investment into the club.
* Finances - what sort of investment is needed and what would something like promotion back to the Championship bring in terms of RoI?

All just thinking of the top of my head but if we assume there's nothing else on the horizon (I'm still backing Malaka by the way...), then something needs to be done rather than continually arguing who is at fault. Someone needs to take the lead to look for new owners/investors.

Right now we're sat on our arses doing fuck all but whinging. There comes a time when a plan is needed. That time looks like being now if Malakas rumour comes to nothing.

Is that something the Trust could work on? Collectively, is there expertise within the trust to put something like that together and identify potential investors?

skybluebeduff

Hello, not seen you on here before.

You are as much a part of the bollocks on here as the rest of us you dork.
You can't have that profile picture up and then use the word dork to someone...

Also you're probably blind to it all, to even know what I meant...

Stuchop

I'm not sure Lawrie Sanchez and Mickey Hazard will help us

In all seriousness I really do believe we need a single group with clearly stated aims.

I am season ticket holder but find the continuous SISU out agenda is only half the story - there really needs to be a clearly communicated viable alternative as well if/when SISU go.

It's good to see constructive points on here from skybluecoco88 and skyblueweeman which I largely agree with.

Few thoughts from me:

If we have a single united front then could we find a former player to front either actively (as per Niall Quinn for example) or as an honorary figurehead?

How can any fans who feel they would like to help get involved? I note the comments on the use of social media to enable more people to get involved and think this is an area that could be improved.

Is there any dialogue with Alan Higgs/Coventry Sports Foundation? They are portrayed as Anti CCFC in the press but the reality is they are very anti the existing owners so would surely support any initiatives to return the club to the people of Coventry and then support any of the wider initiatives by SBITC and at academy level. I do have contacts there that I could speak to if any help required there.

Similarly surely the same applies at council level where a fan bases ownership model would be welcomed - the issue appears to be relationship with SISU.

On a fundraising level - has there been any thought on producing alternative sky blue trust kit? Any profits then go towards any future takeover.

I realise all of of this takes up a lot of time and effort so not decrying efforts to date but just some of my observations.

My main point would be SISU Out comes across loud and clear but I don't know what the alternative aim so that should also be clear

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chiefdave

We have a plan in place that is on the shelf and ready to go if the worst was to happen. Aside from Wycombe, Wimbledon, etc for obvious reasons every trust in the country has that or should do anyway. The only way how we can proceed with our involvement in a takeover is with proper fan consultation.
I think part of the problem is members, and the public in general, have no clue what that plan is and therefore can't asses its viability. Hence when you have a situation like the one recently where the trust approach the club its hard for anyone to think this is a serious bid.
In all seriousness I really do believe we need a single group with clearly stated aims.
I am season ticket holder but find the continuous SISU out agenda is only half the story - there really needs to be a clearly communicated viable alternative as well if/when SISU go.
Totally agree, we need one group with a clear aims and a plan for what happens should they succeed. Needs to recognise its not all down to SISU and engage with all relevant parties. Its perfectly possible to have a civil relationship with the club, council, Wasps etc while protesting against them. Having clear aims would certainly help with that.

Nick

Administrator
I think part of the problem is members, and the public in general, have no clue what that plan is and therefore can't asses its viability. Hence when you have a situation like the one recently where the trust approach the club its hard for anyone to think this is a serious bid.

Totally agree, we need one group with a clear aims and a plan for what happens should they succeed. Needs to recognise its not all down to SISU and engage with all relevant parties. Its perfectly possible to have a civil relationship with the club, council, Wasps etc while protesting against them. Having clear aims would certainly help with that.

How can there be when the first thought is to jump on the club straight away for stuff?

There's the pattern that when anything comes out that isn't CCFC (for example Wasps buying the Higgs) and there might be the slightest bit of outrage from the Trust towards them they get a phone call for a meeting and it all gets forgotten and it is all back on CCFC / SISU again. Rinse and repeat.

shmmeee

How can there be when the first thought is to jump on the club straight away for stuff?

There's the pattern that when anything comes out that isn't CCFC (for example Wasps buying the Higgs) and there might be the slightest bit of outrage from the Trust towards them they get a phone call for a meeting and it all gets forgotten and it is all back on CCFC / SISU again. Rinse and repeat.

CCFC fans groups focusing on CCFC, eh?

You've certainly uncovered the scandal of the century there mate.

Nick

Administrator
CCFC fans groups focusing on CCFC, eh?

You've certainly uncovered the scandal of the century there mate.

You would certainly think they would have issues with external parties wouldn't you if it could affect CCFC?

If it's the case that it should only be about CCFC, why on earth was somebody with a supporter's direct email account working with the council's PR company?

Why on earth was a trust board member making statements about how great a wasps match was?

If something comes out for example the pie incident, the trust should have been straight on at Wasps and CCFC to find out what's going on to get to the bottom of it. Instead if you say that, it seems you are blaming Wasps for everything ever that's wrong in the world.

Same with academy, it's CCFC + CSF. Call them both out.

Instead it's "We are going to protest and pressure against all parties"

We have met with CSF, and SISU OUT ARGHHHHHHHHH.

Users who are viewing this thread