Protest Photo Opp for Saturday, Season Ticket Application Forms (1 Viewer)

How about for Southampton, we all go with filled out Season Ticket Application forms (excluding credit card details for obvious reasons) as a signal to the club and Hoffman, that we are ready to commit to the club, if there is an ownership model which does the same?

This would be a powerful and unique image is the fans were waving the forms 5 minutes before kick off. It is cheap to implement as the club have covered the print costs already. My good friend Gary Stubbs could hand the forms out on the coaches he is running and others could hand outside the turnstiles. Surely fans won't be stopped handing out season ticket application forms?

Also, this protest action does not force the fan to commit to either of the SISU OUT or SISU SYMPATHETIC mantras. It is just demonstrating that we are there and ready to put some revenue through the club.

What do you think? Jan and Gary in particular what are your thoughts on this?

CovKingChris

Facebook User
Would be a good idea as long as it gets coverage and they actually know what's going on.

It would show potential investors that we would be willing to commit.

However, if there is a takeover, would they get the money from Season Tickets as SISU have already spent the money?

thorninmyside

Why bother now. . Its too late. . Missed the boat.

I totally respect your idea but the fact is this.

If you really want to protest to sisu in a way they will react you need to bombard or harass their telephone lines. Go to joy sepalla at her home and protest their. Outside obviously. Basically accept you will be arrested and face the consequences.

If your prepared to put your liberty on the line you may just get some coverage. .. but in a country facing recession again. Involved in wars . Starving children around the world. Multiple killings. Leveson enquiry and many other scandles and crime. .. it would be highly unlikely sky or bbcnews would jump at the chance to highlight a protest in the way described by yourself.

Now should 500 fans storm the sisu offices and occupy ...well that would make the news. Depends if we have 500 fans who can be that bothered. I think most of us couldn't be bothered to be honest. I know I can't.

Why bother now. . Its too late. . Missed the boat.

I totally respect your idea but the fact is this.

If you really want to protest to sisu in a way they will react you need to bombard or harass their telephone lines. Go to joy sepalla at her home and protest their. Outside obviously. Basically accept you will be arrested and face the consequences.

If your prepared to put your liberty on the line you may just get some coverage. .. but in a country facing recession again. Involved in wars . Starving children around the world. Multiple killings. Leveson enquiry and many other scandles and crime. .. it would be highly unlikely sky or bbcnews would jump at the chance to highlight a protest in the way described by yourself.

Now should 500 fans storm the sisu offices and occupy ...well that would make the news. Depends if we have 500 fans who can be that bothered. I think most of us couldn't be bothered to be honest. I know I can't.

You are missing the point here. Fletcher is going to SISU to effectively pitch to SISU the idea of Coventry City. SISU are talking about liquidating the club and Fletcher is putting together a plan to keep the club in business. This demonstration would back Fletcher's proposals by showing if SISU commit the funds for operational costs and player retention/acquisition the fans will commit by buying season tickets.

If you want SISU out then this demonstration will show Hoffman's investors that this venture could be viable.

This demonstration works from all angles and is accessible to all. Its cost effective and no one will need to risk their liberty in a frankly moronic attempt for PR which will only lead to the fans looking idiotic.

And as for the 1,000 odd fans who have already purchased Season Tickets (fair play to you), this demonstration is a visual act so please join in if it goes ahead. 1,000 season tickets is not enough for SISU to run on, especially as they have already motrgaged the income from their estimated amount of 2012/2013 season tickets. They need more sales!

To reiterate, this is a demonstration action which is peaceful, can involve all fans who attend the game without forcing them to nail their colours to the SISU OUT mast. This would be cost effective to run as the paper material is already printed. This is something which can be organised in the short time frame we have before the game.

To be honest, to get this started, all we need is an agreed general consensus that this could be a good idea in front of the BBC cameras and for a Gary Stubbs and or Jan to do this. I am not going to the game myself so cannot help with directly. However I believe it to be a good idea.

Gary and Jan what do you think?

Users who are viewing this thread