Protest Tomorrow? (1 Viewer)

pusbccfc

Anything planned?

rupert_bear

Don't need one every week, next big show of unity and togetherness has to be MK Dons away if we could get 10000 there it would be superb. Could take large numbers to Northampton too, bit of nostalgia there

theferret

I'm all for not letting-up and keeping the pressure on. But, given the events of the last game where we sent a strong message, and the fact there will be home debutants, that it is Slades first home game (not to mention the importance of the fixture), perhaps tomorrow we take the day off and focus on events on the pitch to see if we can help them over the line.

Shouldn't be seen as a case of easing up, but one big protest every so often has more impact than smaller protests every week imo.

pastythegreat

Don't need one every week, next big show of unity and togetherness has to be MK Dons away if we could get 10000 there it would be superb. Could take large numbers to Northampton too, bit of nostalgia there
Doubt Northampton will give us more than 500 tickets! It'll either be on the hill or in the home end

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

CJ_covblaze

Otis

Let's be honest, I can be almost certain you will not enjoy the game when we are 3-0 down after 20 minutes.
I think we should only protest if we are 3-0 down after 20 mins

If we are 2-0 up I think we should leave it for another week.

Captain Dart

Otis

75th minute? How very .... ermmmm.. what is this? Are the pies back on?
Ahh, it all makes sense now!!!

No pies tomorrow because the Ricoh had a break in and on the 75th minute all the stolen catering pies are going to be flung at Tim Fisher.

First one to hit him on his bonce wins a ....... errmmm ... pie.

torchomatic

YES!

No one planned that Nick

As long as it doesn't make the players have to leave the pitch. We know what happened last time.

Paxman II

I'm all for not letting-up and keeping the pressure on. But, given the events of the last game where we sent a strong message, and the fact there will be home debutants, that it is Slades first home game (not to mention the importance of the fixture), perhaps tomorrow we take the day off and focus on events on the pitch to see if we can help them over the line.

Shouldn't be seen as a case of easing up, but one big protest every so often has more impact than smaller protests every week imo.

Sensible. Get behind them. Get behind the new manager. Get behind the new players (if we have any)

torchomatic

Problem was the players didn't go to the changing room to focus...unlike SU, and we all know what happened next!

You could also say there was no need to go to the dressing room to focus in the first place, but hey, we've done this. I just hope tomorrow doesn't disrupt the game.

NorthernWisdom

Not sure I have a right to a view given I'm not going ;) but to me it's the same as if we win a few games - SISU haven't suddenly learned from their mistakes, they're not suddenly good owners.

Same now. tbh all their recent managerial choices have been sensible in my view, Slade's appointment is sensible and a good move... but it doesn't suddenly make SISU good owners, either!

Irish Sky Blue

I think the pressure should be kept up regardless. Not bothered if the game is disrupted as the reason for these protests is ultimately to get rid of Sisu. Fisher's reaction after the Sheffield game showed that the protests had had an effect. it would seem that sitting in the stand holding up pieces of paper make no difference to him or to Sisu. Has to be something harder hitting.

theferret

Not sure I have a right to a view given I'm not going ;) but to me it's the same as if we win a few games - SISU haven't suddenly learned from their mistakes, they're not suddenly good owners.

Same now. tbh all their recent managerial choices have been sensible in my view, Slade's appointment is sensible and a good move... but it doesn't suddenly make SISU good owners, either!

I don't think anyone was suggesting it does, but you are right. I have massive respect for those organising these things, putting themselves in the firing line, and want the stuff they do to get the support it deserves. I was just concerned that some people might take the view that with the other factors at play tomorrow, it might be a day off scenario. That said, if something is planned will support it fully of course!

torchomatic

I think the pressure should be kept up regardless. Not bothered if the game is disrupted as the reason for these protests is ultimately to get rid of Sisu. Fisher's reaction after the Sheffield game showed that the protests had had an effect. it would seem that sitting in the stand holding up pieces of paper make no difference to him or to Sisu has to be something harder hitting.

We need to win every game we can at the moment if we are going to pull away from the relegation zone. I don't think disrupting the game and potentially making us lose it is a good thing. Personal view, obviously.

Irish Sky Blue

I thought the atmosphere at the Sheffield match was probably the loudest of the season. The team produced one of their better displays. Good support yesterday but plenty of anti Sisu chants and lots of abuse aimed at Fisher.We nearly won. I think a more "hostile" atmosphere can actually work in the teams favour. The players, I am sure, know that the protests are not aimed at them. Perhaps better than the sometimes dead atmosphere you get with 7K at the Ricoh.

Steve.B50

I thought the atmosphere at the Sheffield match was probably the loudest of the season. The team produced one of their better displays. Good support yesterday but plenty of anti Sisu chants and lots of abuse aimed at Fisher.We nearly won. I think a more "hostile" atmosphere can actually work in the teams favour. The players, I am sure, know that the protests are not aimed at them. Perhaps better than the sometimes dead atmosphere you get with 7K at the Ricoh.

Have to agree the atmosphere at the Sheffield game was one of the best I had experienced for a while.

bringbackrattles

I think we'll give Bolton a game tomorrow as we nearly always raise our game against better sides. But if there are protests so be it we have to get SISU out and the Sheffield match showed that we've had a bellyful of these moronic shitty hedge fund.

Users who are viewing this thread