Protest Tomorrow? (1 Viewer)

ecky

We need to win every game we can at the moment if we are going to pull away from the relegation zone. I don't think disrupting the game and potentially making us lose it is a good thing. Personal view, obviously.
Antything that focuses on Sisu is a good thing, in my opinion

torchomatic

Antything that focuses on Sisu is a good thing, in my opinion

Don't disagree. I just don't want play disturbed again. New players, new manager. We should get behind them too.

letsallsingtogether

We all get behind the players home and away, nothing is going to change.
No we don't "it's all the fans fault"
We have to keep the action going if we get religated we will get the blame anyway if we stay up Sisu did it all.
Slimmy's view not mine.
PUSB 3 points tomorrow.

skybluepm2

Announcement via their Twitter page or as hoi suggests will everyone inside the ground be made aware by a firework/sniper taking out Tim Fisher?

ajsccfc

I'm not keen on this group. 'You know what Jimmy would have done' hopefully doesn't include MS Paint handouts.

Nick

Administrator
Is it a Mexican wave and everyone has to boo if Fisher doesn't join in?

I hope we will be 4-0 up and it is a massive conga to go around the stadium and up and down like a worm into the concourse and back up into a stand.

pusbccfc

Not surprised to see supporters going back to the old 'we must support the team'...

How many more years of this before people need to realise we need more than just the odd protest every couple of months.

Nick

Administrator
Not surprised to see supporters going back to the old 'we must support the team'...

How many more years of this before people need to realise we need more than just the odd protest every couple of months.

What do you mean by the "the old" bit?

Pretty sure people have always said that haven't they?

torchomatic

Annoyingly, that's what supporters tend to do.

Otis

Is it a Mexican wave and everyone has to boo if Fisher doesn't join in?
Not quite. It IS a Mexican wave with everyone joining in, but Tim Fisher will be the odd one out because someone has put super glue on his seat.

I know people have said they want to rip him a new arse. This might just do it for them.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

pusbccfc

What do you mean by the "the old" bit?

Pretty sure people have always said that haven't they?

You know what I mean. Was exactly the same during the year at Sixfields.

You look at other clubs in a mess and you look at us. We have done nothing compared to them. The Sheffield game was outstanding, the first protest where the wider public noticed.

Steve.B50

You look at other clubs in a mess and you look at us. We have done nothing compared to them. The Sheffield game was outstanding, the first protest where the wider public noticed.

He knows what your trying to say, as I commented earlier the Sheffield game for atmosphere was outstanding and just shows how a small crowd can if they want make a big stadium intimidating.

Nick

Administrator
He knows what your trying to say, as I commented earlier the Sheffield game for atmosphere was outstanding and just shows how a small crowd can if they want make a big stadium intimidating.

Well yes if it is intimidating to the opposition and their fans I agree.

pusbccfc

Exactly. I protested, but I also supported the team.

The players must understand.

theferret

I think you are doing us a disservice. I think there have been some excellent protests over the years. The Arsenal display got a lot of attention, and some of the marches have been very well attended and well publicised - much more so than similar marches at other clubs. I agree, the Sheffield United events took it up a notch and sent a clear message. Hopefully tomorrow will go well too.

Monners

Talking of the Arsenal protest, what happened to Michael who organised it? Doesn't post on here anymore (can't say I blame him)

Nick

Administrator
Exactly. I protested, but I also supported the team.

The players must understand.

Fair play to you, said it on the other thread about people doing both. ;)

I've got nothing against it when people do it both and my only gripe with the Sheff Utd protest was the timing, if it had been on the 3rd minute or as soon as they kicked off then I wouldn't have had an issue. Also the fact it was when the minutes applause was for JH!

pusbccfc

I think you are doing us a disservice. I think there have been some excellent protests over the years. The Arsenal display got a lot of attention, and some of the marches have been very well attended and well publicised - much more so than similar marches at other clubs. I agree, the Sheffield United events took it up a notch and sent a clear message. Hopefully tomorrow will go well too.

Without doubt some of our protests have been well thought of and successful. However, there are so many supporters out there, many of whom support teams in this division, who do not know of our problems.

I went on to a few forums after the Sheffield United match and was amazed at how many had no clue of who SISU are and what they have done. This is why, personally, I think protests need to continue on a more regular basis. They should also not be pushed aside because the team may be winning or we have gone on a good run of form.

Nick

Administrator
Without doubt some of our protests have been well thought of and successful. However, there are so many supporters out there, many of whom support teams in this division, who do not know of our problems.

I went on to a few forums after the Sheffield United match and was amazed at how many had no clue of who SISU are and what they have done. This is why, personally, I think protests need to continue on a more regular basis. They should also not be pushed aside because the team may be winning or we have gone on a good run of form.

Yeah but it's also about whether they care and how passionate they are about it if it isn't their club.

I couldn't tell you what other clubs do as a protest unless it's posted on here.

Users who are viewing this thread