Protest Tomorrow? (1 Viewer)

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Woarrrr woarrr woarrr woarrr............ain't nothin but a heartbreaker.........
Oh no-there's got to be a better way
Say it again
There's got to be a better way -yeah
What is it good for ? ( war )
Friend only to the undertake. :wacky:

chiefdave

Whatever is planned hopefully its for after the game or certainly not disrupting the game. With a new manager, potentially 3 new players out there and off the back of the first half decent result in months it would be nice to see everyone get behind the team for 90 mins.
He knows what your trying to say, as I commented earlier the Sheffield game for atmosphere was outstanding and just shows how a small crowd can if they want make a big stadium intimidating.
Have to say I didn't enjoy the atmosphere at that game one bit. It seemed very tense and like one small incident (say one steward or police officer being over zealous) and it could all kick off.
I went on to a few forums after the Sheffield United match and was amazed at how many had no clue of who SISU are and what they have d
Said this in the past. You see other clubs fans querying why they should care that we're in a mess from 'overspending'. Did suggest the trust knock up something brief that people could be pointed to. Now the trust are, at least publicly, having an arms length approach to the protests maybe one of the other campaign groups could knock something up.

Terry Gibson's perm

Whatever is planned hopefully its for after the game or certainly not disrupting the game. With a new manager, potentially 3 new players out there and off the back of the first half decent result in months it would be nice to see everyone get behind the team for 90 mins.

Have to say I didn't enjoy the atmosphere at that game one bit. It seemed very tense and like one small incident (say one steward or police officer being over zealous) and it could all kick off.

Said this in the past. You see other clubs fans querying why they should care that we're in a mess from 'overspending'. Did suggest the trust knock up something brief that people could be pointed to. Now the trust are, at least publicly, having an arms length approach to the protests maybe one of the other campaign groups could knock something up.

I was the opposite and really liked the atmosphere it was a bit like going back to real football days (if I wanted to go and watch a happy clappy thing I would go and watch London Wasps)and the whistles are really good.

If I was a fan of another club I wouldn't care about us either but equally I wouldn't care about any other club having problems I am very selfish.

Whatever it takes to rid the club of these parasites must be done.

chiefdave

I was the opposite and really liked the atmosphere it was a bit like going back to real football days (if I wanted to go and watch a happy clappy thing I would go and watch London Wasps)and the whistles are really good.
Don't particularly want it to be happy clappy but equally how often do we see fighting in the stands? Is it coincidence it happened at that game?

And people wandering through the stands in groups and standing at the front with their hoods up and scarves covering their faces would surely unnerve some, especially the younger kids.

Terry Gibson's perm

Don't particularly want it to be happy clappy but equally how often do we see fighting in the stands? Is it coincidence it happened at that game?

And people wandering through the stands in groups and standing at the front with their hoods up and scarves covering their faces would surely unnerve some, especially the younger kids.

I don't want to see trouble but it should have a level of intimidation when a side comes here.

With the younger kids aren't they at the other end of the stand, I would expect there will be a lot more police there tomorrow

stupot07

I don't want to see trouble but it should have a level of intimidation when a side comes here.

With the younger kids aren't they at the other end of the stand, I would expect there will be a lot more police there tomorrow
There are kids in all the blocks, it just the family zone thats at the far end. I'm in block 20 and had my 6 year old with me, there are also over kids around directly around me and I must say having 'protesters' come across and stand ij front of me and my lad woth hoods pulled tight, scarves around their faces hiding themselves doing wanker signs to the stewards was quite intimidating for my boy and the kids around me. We are that far away from the away support I doubt very much any of their fans or players were intimidated.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Terry Gibson's perm

There are kids in all the blocks, it just the family zone thats at the far end. I'm in block 20 and had my 6 year old with me, there are also over kids around directly around me and I must say having 'protesters' come across and stand ij front of me and my lad woth hoods pulled tight, scarves around their faces hiding themselves doing wanker signs to the stewards was quite intimidating for my boy and the kids around me. We are that far away from the away support I doubt very much any of their fans or players were intimidated.

I bet secretly he loved it;).

chiefdave

Basically what stupot said. The stewards had obviously been told not to react when provoked so you had people giving the grief the whole match. Not sure if they bypassed the JSB section when they were making their way round or not.

I think the protest organisers need to be careful they don't fall into a confirmation bubble. See some of them saying everyone was behind it and supported it but that clearly wasn't the case. There was plenty of people around where I was that weren't too happy and the phone in after the match seemed pretty much 50/50.

The smart move is to plan things that will unite people rather than just ignore anyone that doesn't agree with the way the protests are being done.

Terry Gibson's perm

Basically what stupot said. The stewards had obviously been told not to react when provoked so you had people giving the grief the whole match. Not sure if they bypassed the JSB section when they were making their way round or not.

I think the protest organisers need to be careful they don't fall into a confirmation bubble. See some of them saying everyone was behind it and supported it but that clearly wasn't the case. There was plenty of people around where I was that weren't too happy and the phone in after the match seemed pretty much 50/50.

The smart move is to plan things that will unite people rather than just ignore anyone that doesn't agree with the way the protests are being done.

The difficulty is to make a show it always needs to be something very visual the people that are doing it don't feel a bit of chanting is now enough or posters and the like.

From what I have just read on Facebook people are planning to go on again today.

chiefdave

The difficulty is to make a show it always needs to be something very visual the people that are doing it don't feel a bit of chanting is now enough or posters and the like.

From what I have just read on Facebook people are planning to go on again today.
There's no TV coverage so being visual won't help.

That's not going to get the same sort of coverage it did last time and before long bans will be handed out and points deductions given or a behind closed doors game.

Lets face it Fisher isn't bothered by it. And unless action at SISU is targeted at their business rather than our games they won't be bothered either.

letsallsingtogether

That's not going to get the same sort of coverage it did last time and before long bans will be handed out and points deductions given or a behind closed doors game.

Lets face it Fisher isn't bothered by it. And unless action at SISU is targeted at their business rather than our games they won't be bothered either.
So should we just all stop then as everything we do is futile in your opinion.
Should we all just sit there quietly and take all the shit they have served us for the last 9 years.

As for backing the team funny that the ones who sing the most for the team are the same ones you have been slagging off for making their views known.
Oh and are you sure Fisher isn't bothered?
That's not the way I see it, we need to keep getting on his back and even ramp it up till the fuckers has gone from our club.

Irish Sky Blue

What would you suggest as a protest that everyone would agree with that would upset or frighten no one and that would have the impact of the Sheffield game where our plight and Sisu's running of the club recieved national attention?

I didn't see anyone frightened or upset where I was. It seemed the most United anti Sisu home protest that I have seen, very vocal too. I disagree about the phone in too. Yes, there were some negative calls on the radio. However I felt most were behind what had gone on. The Sheffield game the protests were angry but they were peaceful, non violent. You are never going to please everyone. It certainly had an effect on Tim and Sisu which is the whole point.

Irish Sky Blue

It depends on the protest and how imaginative they are. The Charlton game wasn't televised but the pig protests hit the headlines. Again, what would your suggestion be for future effective protests that everyone agrees with? If we don't protest at all do we just sit passively ( or give up going) and let Sisu get on with it?

Captain Dart

What would you suggest as a protest that everyone would agree with that would upset or frighten no one and that would have the impact of the Sheffield game where our plight and Sisu's running of the club recieved national attention?

I didn't see anyone frightened or upset where I was. It seemed the most United anti Sisu home protest that I have seen, very vocal too. I disagree about the phone in too. Yes, there were some negative calls on the radio. However I felt most were behind what had gone on. The Sheffield game the protests were angry but they were peaceful, non violent. You are never going to please everyone. It certainly had an effect on Tim and Sisu which is the whole point.

It is hard to tell about attitudes from the radio phone ins, the presenters will always allow contributions from minority viewpoints to balance program content.

stupot07

As for invading the pitch again that would be the height of stupidity in my opinion.

Agreed. I didn't agree with it, but it did have an impact because it was on sky. I said afterwards that needed to be it for pitch invasions otherwise if it becomes a regular thing we will start to lose sympathy from the media and our fellow league one clubs supporters, which will turn on us as trouble makers.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
It depends on the protest and how imaginative they are. The Charlton game wasn't televised but the pig protests hit the headlines. Again, what would your suggestion be for future effective protests that everyone agrees with? If we don't protest at all do we just sit passively ( or give up going) and let Sisu get on with it?

And they've done it on two their occasions with bouncy footballs. Again that got attention.

They are yet to step onto the pitch themselves

Wheelfass

You are of course right in your thinking Chief but in the real world that won't ever happen.
There will always be those that sit on their hands and offer nothing but a appathetic approach to our plight or recovery just as there will be activists who want to be seen and heard with a far more radical approach to the situation. There was even disagreement over a simple task such as phoning up the Sisu offices to leave messages.
There will never be a 100% backing for any action.
I think the most important thing is to at least do something.

torchomatic

Nope. They sit all over the place. We're not in the family zone.

ccfclinney

I honestly can't see how protests will do anything.. sisu won't leave because 200 people are on the pitch .. pointless just distracts the players and inevitably makes players not want to join us.
If going to protest do it outside the ground and vocally but don't bring law into you're own hands. Really not worth getting arrested for.

Keep it peaceful guys !

#PUSB

Terry Gibson's perm

The best thing we could throw on the pitch would be fisher from the upper tier of his stand should do or the roof

Generally Midfield

Lots of people want protests but it's the nature of some of them that is the issue. The march at the Rochdale game, the pigs at Charlton and Sheff U invasion on live tv all worked well and got good publicity but going on the pitch today - when most people will be more interested in the new signings and hoping new manager effect is kicking in - doesn't sound like a great idea. There also seems to be a lot of confusion with it being said on here there would be something happening at every game but then nothing happened at Bristol Rovers (and nothing at Posh either?) Steve Brown was said to be taking a back seat but has been chipping in on here again. I'd still go for things like the suggestion of fans cleaning up the memorial bricks - it's novel, puts fans in a good light and and highlights the mess.

chiefdave

So should we just all stop then as everything we do is futile in your opinion.
Should we all just sit there quietly and take all the shit they have served us for the last 9 years.
No I'm saying a plan is required. Identify what we actually want to happen and then identify the best way to achieve that. If the aim is to be rid of SISU then holding up bad photoshops of Joy or a funeral procession will have zero impact. Their business has to be targeted.
As for backing the team funny that the ones who sing the most for the team are the same ones you have been slagging off for making their views known.
I'm not slagging anyone off but your response is a perfect example of what I'm talking about. Rather than looking at any points raised and maybe acting on them the default view is that the person raising the points is wrong.
Look at the protest at Charlton. Both sets of fans working together as it had been properly planned out and communicated (whilst still be kept from those in charge).

Users who are viewing this thread