Ps4 hdd (1 Viewer)

Marty

Anybody upgraded their hard drive yet? Been thinking of getting a 2tb HDD to replace the 500gb. Looks a very easy job to do.

mrtickle

Yep, dead easy. I replaced mine with a Seagate 1TB SSHD - hybrid drive. It's a shamed 1tb is the largest they do as seems much quicker.

Marty

I personally do, I buy 10-12 games a year. Most games need to be installed and a lot are massive, Knack: 35.6GB, Battlefield 4: 33.9GB, Killzone Shadow Fall: 38.5GB (full list: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-11-13-all-the-ps4-launch-games-and-their-install-sizes). Once you throw in the PS+ games, saved game data, that 500gb isn't looking all that big. I'm certainly going to use it all within the first 15 months.

I'd rather do it now and get it out of the way then a year down the line when I have to mess about transferring saved data and that. It should have came with 1tb as standard imo.

Marty

Yep, dead easy. I replaced mine with a Seagate 1TB SSHD - hybrid drive. It's a shamed 1tb is the largest they do as seems much quicker.

After doing a bit of research, I've come across 2TB Samsung Spinpoint M9T. Shame it's not out yet though, seems like it's almost built for the sole purpose of upgrading the PS4[h=2][/h]

Users who are viewing this thread