PS4 vs Xbox One (1 Viewer)

stupot07

My inlaws want to buy my nephew a console, I've got an Xbox One so I'm slightly biaised but she asked which one is best and more future proof.

I did say it will depend on what his friends have got if he wants to swap games or play online. Hes 9 so will only be playing stuff like FIFA etc.

I think he should get an Xbox so that he can play online with my youngest.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Nick

Administrator
Yeah, I think for that age it all comes down to what their friends have so they can play and have a chat with them.

Probably best to wait and see what the other kids got for Xmas :)

ConnorDevine

depends a lot on who he knows has which console, but the PS4 is a more powerful console in terms of computing power and has a larger number of users so a better online community, but you do pay less for a Xbox, neither are more future proof than the other really. People will argue for hours on which is better but there's very little between them, for a 9 year old I'd absolutely go with whatever his mates have so in your case Xbox I guess.

Covstu

I have a PS4 but not biased either way as I did originally order an xbox one but they fucked my order up on the first day. I would agree, its about what his friends have. I actually liked the xbox live system better than Playstations, it was easier to use and more intuitive.

As for future proof - both are not and the introduction of the new ones proves this. Just goes to show that both companies are out to make as much money as possible by tagging on small extras as they know people will buy it. I remember Microsoft launching their 2nd edition 360 stating that it guards against the ring of death - surely this shouldnt be an upgrade but a given!!!

covcity4life

at age 9 you can still stop him being a chav hooligan who votes out at brexit when he gets older. do not buy him fifa or cod.

ccfc92

at age 9 you can still stop him being a chav hooligan who votes out at brexit when he gets older. do not buy him fifa or cod.

084.png

Skyblueloyal

I have both a PS4 and Xbox 1 but for me I go Xbox one just because Psn has more down time and with Xbox it has the backward compatibility too

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread