Push for a first team place / expect big things (1 Viewer)

CovLis86

If i hear AT say one of those about one more youth player who shouldnt really be anywhere near the starting squad for a playoff chasing side, im going to actually cry.

There couldnt be any more signals that any transfer activity is going to be big players out rather than in. I dont think we realise quite how bad the story behind the scenes actually is.

God this is depressing.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
In theory, it will do their confidence the world of good! On another note, i dont think they are all in the same category.

Cameron is definately fit for the first team and possibly Conor Thomas (Liverpool scouts obviously seen something) is too. The others im not too sure about. Im particularly keen to see him our midfield pre season so we can get a proper look at him. If hes any good, then we'll have him, Clingan and Deegan fighting it out for the CM positions.

Jeffers, im still puzzled on how he got a new contract. This is a guy who struggled to even get into the Cheltenham side!

Sky Blue Sheepy

Its only depressing because you've made your own conclusions based on feck all evidence... I'm starting to get really pissed off with it

ajsccfc

Last season we saw Nathan Cameron and Jordan Clarke acquit themselves well and they now look relatively comfortable in the first-team squad, and Conor Thomas did enough for Liverpool to come sniffing.

Surely if he's talking up the young players that Gregor Rioch has been working with and also waxing lyrical about, it's, I don't know... a good thing?

skyblu3sk

Who said good thing... Take him outside and shoot them :p at least a couple of our better young talents signed deals

mattylad

If i hear AT say one of those about one more youth player who shouldnt really be anywhere near the starting squad for a playoff chasing side, im going to actually cry.

There couldnt be any more signals that any transfer activity is going to be big players out rather than in. I dont think we realise quite how bad the story behind the scenes actually is.

God this is depressing.

So five out of eight resigned and one more possibly plus Thorn saying he was now concentrating on getting new players in is not enough transfer activity in June???

Do you not see that until you know who is going to stay or not you can't go out and replace them....plus not wishing to piss on your bonfire more but if Thorn and Harrison want to resign these young lads I trust they know a hell of a lot more about the potential in them than any cyber warrior on here.

blueflint

agree mattylad but were skint so no signings on the horizon :thinking about::thinking about::thinking about:

rob9872

I have no problem accepting that youth are our future who must be encouraged and nurtured and will make mistakes. I accept there will be little or no budget for players. What I don't accept is that when we have trained them and put up with their learning, that they are sold to the first bidder and cashed in on at the earliest opportunity before we've had a chance to enjoy the fruits of that labour. We'll always give our own more time and recognition than a purchase so the players have my support but we need assurances that we can keep the Mark Hately's and the Danny Thomas's not just the Marcus Hall's and the Kevin Thornton's.

edgy

God this is depressing.

First thing to realise, Liz, is that we are not a playoff chasing side. Thorns protocol next season is to avoid relegation. What else can we expect with no money to spend and no ambitions to tempt decent players?

ccfc2011

Nice to see young players given a chance to prove themselves.

Users who are viewing this thread