Qatar - the next middle east war? (1 Viewer)

Captain Dart

Trump statement
DB53421XkAA-TuQ.jpg

Erdogan statement

Astute

Looks like America wants their natural resources.

clint van damme

People start waking up to the fact that gulf states fund terror, main culprit Saudi.
Saudi blame Qatar to deflect attention from them.
West goes to war with Qatar - same MO as every other war in the middle east, based on bullshit.

edit: just read this, situation slightly more complicated than my post makes out! Great article from Robert Fisk. one of the best writers on all things Middle East:

https://shechive.files.wordpress.com/2014/07/tumblr_n74kz69axb1rvzu9do1_400.gif?w=400&h=225

Last edited:

chiefdave

Whatever happens we should keep out of it. Getting involved in everyone elses problems hasn't done us any good in the past, no reason to think this would be any different.

Captain Dart

Till all our transport & energy needs are generated in this country wars will be fought over security of supply. Can't see a realistic end to it during my life time. :emoji_poop:

Malaka

On a serious note, Saudi buy lots of arms from the west so no one will say anything to them. No one will say anything to Turkey either. They invaded Cyprus in 1974 and have illegally occupied the North of the island. Why? well the USA needed a base to be able to attack the middle east and Russia should the need arise. Cyprus said no because there were already several British bases on the island. So they supported the Turkish invasion, getting themselves a base in the eastern mediterranean and no one has said anything since.
The Middle East is a car crash and will be until the gas and the oil run out and when it does no one will care and they will destroy themselves in the name of tribal religion.

Otis

On a serious note, Saudi buy lots of arms from the west so no one will say anything to them. No one will say anything to Turkey either. They invaded Cyprus in 1974 and have illegally occupied the North of the island. Why? well the USA needed a base to be able to attack the middle east and Russia should the need arise. Cyprus said no because there were already several British bases on the island. So they supported the Turkish invasion, getting themselves a base in the eastern mediterranean and no one has said anything since.
The Middle East is a car crash and will be until the gas and the oil run out and when it does no one will care and they will destroy themselves in the name of tribal religion.
I know this will have conservationists up in arms, but maybe we should all just burn a lot more gas and oil to speed the process up.

LastGarrison

It's quite surreal crossing the "border" and having your passports checked and the UN Patrolling when in fact it actually isn't an official border.

The Turkish flag lit up on the hill is a quite excellent bit of provocation.

LastGarrison

Back on subject, I have never actually been to Qatar but have dealt with lots of Qatari's through work, including their Defence Attaché, and I have to say I would be very surprised if they were the main backers of ISIS.

I have been to both Saudi Arabia and Kuwait on the other hand and, well, I would be less confident of these two......

Captain Dart

Liquid Gold

We should never have got involved in the Middle East in the first place. The whole area is a clusterfuck. Blair should be in chains for what he's done for this country.

No doubt our bombs will be landing on some poor family that doesn't want trouble in a new state soon though.

Captain Dart

We should never have got involved in the Middle East in the first place. The whole area is a clusterfuck. Blair should be in chains for what he's done for this country.

No doubt our bombs will be landing on some poor family that doesn't want trouble in a new state soon though.

It is all about oil, no one is invading dictators regimes in the Far East or South America.

fernandopartridge

We've been involved a lot longer than that.

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

Captain Dart

Last edited:

SkyblueBazza

So America's devil incarnate Trump is seemingly trying to take action at source to encourage a change of behaviour change. Not much positive publicity for him though. Whereas recent American darling Obama must've known pretty much the same stuff but did nothing really...but he won't get lambasted for it.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

chiefdave

So America's devil incarnate Trump is seemingly trying to take action at source to encourage a change of behaviour change. Not much positive publicity for him though. Whereas recent American darling Obama must've known pretty much the same stuff but did nothing really...but he won't get lambasted for it.
What are you referring to? Not his comments on Qatar supporting terrorism surely? Thats just him backing up his Saudi mates who are just as bad, if not worse

Think cvd sums it up here, its the don't look over here look over there tactic.
People start waking up to the fact that gulf states fund terror, main culprit Saudi.
Saudi blame Qatar to deflect attention from them.
West goes to war with Qatar - same MO as every other war in the middle east, based on bullshit.

SkyblueBazza

What are you referring to? Not his comments on Qatar supporting terrorism surely? Thats just him backing up his Saudi mates who are just as bad, if not worse

Think cvd sums it up here, its the don't look over here look over there tactic.

But it's a start...in the right way.
Bush's answer 'bomb them'
Obama's answer 'ignore it'
Trump's answer 'let's send a message'

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Captain Dart

Users who are viewing this thread