Question to all who witnessed last night. (1 Viewer)

bawtryneal

I left at half time and swore never to return.
This evening I feel the same. Usually I "sleep on it" and the skyblue blood inside me kicks in and I am back defending them all
As has been posted by other people I really wish we had not won the semi final and Wembley was not two weeks away.
The players, the management and the owners do not deserve it.
In 1987 I was 26 and skint and we saved up to go to Wembley twice on the cheap. I promised myself if we ever made it again I would do it 5 star. So, I've spent a lot of money for myself and the wife to go in the Bobby Moore suite. I now regret it so much, not because of the money but the thought of those lightweight, lazy and couldn't give a shit players that dare to wear the sky blue shirt with no passion or desire. If they turn up at Wembley and play well it will actually make it worse for me. I would not pick them for Wembley if they cannot be arsed against Southend and Shrewsbury etc
What a sad sad state of affairs.

ceetee

I have to say that most games I haven't thought the opposition had much more quality than we did. Better organised perhaps, but there is not a big difference between success and failure.

Last night was the first time I really thought that we looked the bottom of the league side that we are.

I can accept that there is a reason why they are Div 3 players and individual mistakes are inevitable. What I can't take is that there is no sense of urgency and they don't look as if they want to score goals.

The Prefect

..lightweight, lazy and couldn't give a shit players that dare to wear the sky blue shirt with no passion or desire.
I believe that the couldn't give a sh1t starts at the top and works all the way down to the playing squad.

Over the last few years management of the club moved away from a semi-autonomous board that worked through the chairman and the board to the current structure of Joy Seppala (seemingly) hiding behind a puppet that has no level of authority to do anything other than smile at the press.

As things have deteriorated, Seppala has refused to put her head above the parapet and has left things in the hands of Fisher. This clearly gives the impression that the owners representatives (SISU) are hiding which in turn comes across as a couldn't care less attitude.

The players know what goes on and clearly the same attitude has found its way to the playing squad. After all, SISU let the club drop from the Championship with no fight and we are now in the rinse and repeat cycle. If the current attitude prevails there is the real danger we will drop straight through League Two.

I am not convinced that SISU have any realistic chance of changing the atmosphere at the club at all. They would stand a small chance if there was the slightest acknowledgement that they are not only part of the problem, but part of the solution also.

Skyblueweeman

I believe that the couldn't give a sh1t starts at the top and works all the way down to the playing squad.

Over the last few years management of the club moved away from a semi-autonomous board that worked through the chairman and the board to the current structure of Joy Seppala (seemingly) hiding behind a puppet that has no level of authority to do anything other than smile at the press.

As things have deteriorated, Seppala has refused to put her head above the parapet and has left things in the hands of Fisher. This clearly gives the impression that the owners representatives (SISU) are hiding which in turn comes across as a couldn't care less attitude.

The players know what goes on and clearly the same attitude has found its way to the playing squad. After all, SISU let the club drop from the Championship with no fight and we are now in the rinse and repeat cycle. If the current attitude prevails there is the real danger we will drop straight through League Two.

I am not convinced that SISU have any realistic chance of changing the atmosphere at the club at all. They would stand a small chance if there was the slightest acknowledgement that they are not only part of the problem, but part of the solution also.

I kinda get what you're saying...but many clubs have off the field issues. If the players weren't getting paid, I'd say you're 100% bang on the money.

But they're professional footballers for crying out loud. It's all they've done in terms of a career. They're being paid by the people who come and watch them. There's no excuse for a GK kicking the ball into touch regularly. There's no excuse for players failing regularly to find team mates with their passing. At Sunday league level, yes. At professional level, absolutely not.

This is why I'd rather we put the bloody youth team out for the rest of the season. What's the highest age category we have - U23? Yes they'll likely get hammered but what's different to now? It would give them experience of 1st team football and get a number of them potentially ready for next season. Robins can earn his money by keeping them motivated to the end of the season and encourage them to learn and not get downbeat. They'd likely show a hell of a lot more character than the shower who are playing at the moment.

Time to bin off the loans, drop anyone not here next season and get that 3rd choice keeper in (or at least drop Burge for RCC).

The remaining games are worthless (bar Wembley). Robins needs to start planning for L2. Now.

Users who are viewing this thread