Quiz Shows (1 Viewer)

Otis

You not heard of the record button, or 4OD? ;)

It's very good, though I thought there was a very racist moment yesterday.

Every day just one player has a chance to win the money and the other jurors vote for who should go up for the cash. The questions are debated and the jury has to agree on a unanimous decision before giving their answer(s).

Whoever feels they deserve the chance to go for the money at the end has to stand and then any remaining jurors seated nominate who they think deserves it.

If they all stand then each has to nominate who they feels deserves the chance. They have to justify their decision.

One player then goes for the money. If they answer the final question correctly they win the jackpot (accumulated winnings). If they lose they go home with nothing. Whether they win or lose they must leave the jury room and the next day a new juror arrives and joins the existing members of the jury.

Anyway, yesterday the new juror came in (Friday is the last day, so last chance to win the money for all of them).

The new juror was a black girl called Natalie. On the existing jury of 6 there were 5 white people and one black guy, Aaron. This Aaron was the weakest juror of the lot, forever getting questions wrong and not only that but suggesting dumb answers in the process

I.e. if you travelled east from New York where would you end up - his answer was Mexico.

What breed of dog means badger and dog in German - his answer was German Shepherd.

Who is the only male actor to have won 3 best actor Oscars - his answer Mike Myers.

Which film is considered the scariest of all time - His answer Chucky.

It went on and on and he was hilariously rubbish and got just about every single question wrong. Can't remember half his ridiculous answers.

Came to the final question. The judge asked anyone to stand who feels that they deserve to be the final foreman and have the chance to win the money.

Everyone stands apart from this new girl, Natalie. As she is the only one seated she is the one who gets to choose who should be chosen for the final question.

She is asked to speak and she says 'Well everyone has been quite strong, but I choose Aaron.'

Cue everyone else in total shock and disbelief. The black woman picks the black man, who was clearly the worst of all the jurors by far.

Had that been 5 black people and 2 white people on the jury and the white girl had picked the totally rubbish white guy then they would have been screaming racist from the rooftops!

When this Natalie said 'Aaron' me and my daughter turned to each other and immediately said that's racist surely. What other reason would she have to pick him?'

For me it was clear that she had picked him because she was black and he was black.

Couldn't think of any other reason.

If it had been reversed as I suggested with the only white girl picking the only white boy this would have been all over the papers today I'm sure.

bringbackrattles

Going off track a bit but Bradley Walsh of the Chase quiz has recorded an album,singing Sinatra songs and other singers too. And Alexander Armstrong of Pointless is also singing classical songs too. What's going on here ? Who's next then Paxman from University Challenge !

wingy

Going off track a bit but Bradley Walsh of the Chase quiz has recorded an album,singing Sinatra songs and other singers too. And Alexander Armstrong of Pointless is also singing classical songs too. What's going on here ? Who's next then Paxman from University Challenge !
God I saw the advert for AA's album.
Unbelievable.

Otis

Shame on you

Why? It's going to go down as an absolute classic this, trust me.

I especially like tracks 5 and 6.

7edcfd7cecbf27443ee689d45ee35746.jpg

Otis

Which are (just looked them up...... err..... on my bookshelf) Summertime and The Water is Wide (O Waly Waly)

bringbackrattles

On the Chase tonight one question was : Who was the Midlands club to have the first all seated stadium in England ? Aston Villa,Forest,or Cov City ? The woman contestant chose Forest and Bradley Walsh said that sounds right. Obviously it was us !

Gazolba

Anyone remember Michael Miles (Take Your Pick) and Hughie Green (Double Your Money)?
They were the two quiz shows I remember.

bringbackrattles

Staying on the quiz theme,remember Bob Holness the quizmaster. Well it was said he played Saxaphone on a classic pop/rock song,but what song was it ?

bringbackrattles

Taking a guess at Baker street.

But now I'm gonna Google the answer
Correct. Come and look at what you would have won.
A speedboat ! By the way it was found to be a lie, Holness never played the saxaphone on Baker Street, it was a joke that someone spread around and it kept on going for years.

Users who are viewing this thread