Ranson and Facebook rumours (1 Viewer)

hackneyfox

It's what happens when things aren't going to well.

It's started with us, Sven will be gone very soon apparently.

We were quite Klose to a top signing last week according to others.

Rumours are part of football though, and keep you interested even when you haven't got a game for 2 weeks.

CovLis86

It's what happens when things aren't going to well.

It's started with us, Sven will be gone very soon apparently.

We were quite Klose to a top signing last week according to others.

Rumours are part of football though, and keep you interested even when you haven't got a game for 2 weeks.

I hadnt heard anything about Sven going? And wasnt Kamara your big signing? It may not be big in comparison with Yakubu, but i still think thats a heck of a signing for a championship team.

Sky_Blue_Daz

See some idiot on there saying get Pete Watermen in. You know pete Waterman the WALSALL FAN

DazzleTommyDazzle

It's probably the usual rubbish but if it is true, it'd be worrying.

If the deal has been set up in the usual private equity way, by resigning RR would have to give up his shares and would, at best, get back his initial investment - which would probably be fairly small. That'd suggest that he'd have given up hope of ever making any capital gain on the investment.

Mind you, most of us could probably have told him that on day 1.

Great_Expectations

I doubt this news would originate on facebook, surely if true its more likely one of us would have heard it before somebody on facebook or would have at least been reported on an actually fans forum ahead of there.

I hope.

Godiva

It's probably the usual rubbish but if it is true, it'd be worrying.

If the deal has been set up in the usual private equity way, by resigning RR would have to give up his shares and would, at best, get back his initial investment - which would probably be fairly small. That'd suggest that he'd have given up hope of ever making any capital gain on the investment.

Mind you, most of us could probably have told him that on day 1.

There are two ways of resigning. You either resign by own free will - OR - you resign because you are told to.
If there's any truth to this rumor, I would suggest RR is being forced to resign by a SISU that does not appreciate a chairman that who deliver what he is installed to deliver: Results.
The financial mess is down to RR - the bug stops at him.

Even if the rumor is false - it still leaves RR as a chairman who can't control the financial side of this club.

Last edited:

DazzleTommyDazzle

There are two ways of resigning. You either resign by own free will - OR - you resign because you are told to.
If there's any truth to this rumor, I would suggest RR is being forced to resign by a SISU that does not appreciate a chairman that who deliver what he is installed to deliver: Results.
The financial mess is down to RR - the bug stops at him.

Even if the rumor is false - it still leaves RR as a chairman who can't control the financial side of this club.

I think your earlier post today on another thread (probably the "admin" one) was a very good summary of the likely reality behind closed doors at the Ricoh.

My guess is that RR believed that most football clubs are badly run (if so, you could see where he was coming from...) and thought that with his dual football and business background he'd be able to run one better than most of the others and that that would provide enough of an edge to bring success.

As you noted SISU are a "proper" business and so if the above is true, they'd have taken his business plan at face value and then expected him to deliver. Things obviously haven't gone to plan and the snippets we hear (RR threating to resign over player sales, GH actually resigning etc) suggest that RR knows that further investment is required but that SISU are not inclined to put in any more money than is necessary to keep the ship afloat (so far).

Speaking as a City fan - we need more money and we need it now. From a business point of view and taking off the sky blue tinted glasses, I'm not sure I'd be signing the cheques for any further investment.

hackneyfox

I hadnt heard anything about Sven going? And wasnt Kamara your big signing? It may not be big in comparison with Yakubu, but i still think thats a heck of a signing for a championship team.

You wouldn't have, he hasn't proved himself yet but it doesn't stop FoxesTalk posters rom saying that it will happen.
Kamara could be a good signing, but he isn't the big name that some idiot said was definitely happening. The clue was in 'Klose to a big signing', how we laughed.

edgy

You wouldn't have, he hasn't proved himself yet but it doesn't stop FoxesTalk posters rom saying that it will happen.
Kamara could be a good signing, but he isn't the big name that some idiot said was definitely happening. The clue was in 'Klose to a big signing', how we laughed.

That Klose rumour spread well. My wifes brother, a Liverpool fan, told me!

hackneyfox

It didn't make the nationals though.
One of the admins posted total bollocks on football rumours last season, it made 2 national papers.
As the admin said 'just what the fuck do these reporters do for their money?'

Klose was on the bench in a CL match the same night the rumour started.

Best of all was that someone at the club had titled an upcoming but still empty page on the OS 'Getting Klose'.
Spelling mistake or a wicked sense of humour?

hackneyfox

Just someone saying that there were rumours.
It was sbu that brought it to my attention, I thought there may be something to it as he talks more sense than anyone else on TWT

BenInTurin

Facebook User
I've just seen that as well. I'm sad to see him go as he's been against the selling of our best players. Don't blame him though as SISU screwed him over fox, dann and thomas.

The CableGuy

Well, I hope people who wanted him gone are happy.

I'm sure Ranson's (and in time, SISU's?) departure will allow someone else to step in to cover our losses of around £80,000 per week/£4 million per year, with attendances of around 15,000 and barely 10,000 season ticket holders.

Anyone else spotted the flaw in that plan?

There wasn't exactly a queue of investors, eager to pump money into the club when we were 30 minutes from admin.

fellatio_Martinez

SISU may as well have never taken over. They have just kept us floating along on a sea of mediocrity.

They thought they could come and get us promoted on the cheap, now it looks like they're going to leave us high and dry.

Thanks SISU :rolleyes:

skyblu3sk

SISU may as well have never taken over. They have just kept us floating along on a sea of mediocrity.

They thought they could come and get us promoted on the cheap, now it looks like they're going to leave us high and dry.

Thanks SISU :rolleyes:

Just have to hope these investment talks are going better than we had all thought otherwise it looks like we are boned... :(

Users who are viewing this thread