RCC (1 Viewer)

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

It's a gamble that I wouldn't punt on, especially considering where we currently find ourselves.

Anyone know how many he's conceded compared to how many games he's played?
If you think credit should go to the whole team for his record minutes for clean sheets, then criticism should go to the whole team for his minutes per conceding...

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

If credit goes to the whole team for that then you can't read too much into the his goals conceded/game ratio as that is the whole teams responsibility not just RCC's. Can't use the exact same metrics and discount one because it doesn't suit your argument and then use the other because it does.
Damn, realised you said exactly what I did!

pastythegreat

RCC has plenty of room for improvement yes, but out of the 2 keepers we have at the moment, he is far more the 'finished article' than burge. Without searching records and stats I'd put money on RCC having a better goals to game ratio than Burge. Let's not forget ALL our thumping this season (Oxford, Bristol, Norwich, Cambridge) Burge was in nets for them all. RCC commands the area much better and without even trying, he has much, much better distribution.

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Astute

It's a gamble that I wouldn't punt on, especially considering where we currently find ourselves.

Anyone know how many he's conceded compared to how many games he's played?
And how good....or bad.....the defenders have been in front of him.

Liquid Gold

I'd like to have an experienced keeper for the battles ahead. Burge back up and RCC on loan, he needs to make mistakes to get better and it would be better for us if he doesn't make those mistakes here.

Ash

I'd like to have an experienced keeper for the battles ahead. Burge back up and RCC on loan, he needs to make mistakes to get better and it would be better for us if he doesn't make those mistakes here.

Other way round for me. I think RCC should be the back up and Burge to be sent out on loan.

Burge has more areas of his game that need improving IMO and would rather him get the bad habits out of his system elsewhere!

NortonSkyBlue

I have no real issue with either keeper from what I have seen. Both are raw but with the defence in front of them all season I suspect Buffon would have conceded just as many. For me they are good shot stoppers but lack a bit of personality.
It is funny how we judge keepers, their errors are always amplified and we are more unforgiving and it has been interesting to see how statistics stack up. For example I was impressed by Nathan Clarke against Bolton but we conceded two goals in that game which is a higher ratio than the 1.5 goals we have conceded per game for the rest of the season so do we drop him?
Having faith in these young guys may give us palpitations but I would like to stick with them, watch them grow and with added experience and confidence become an asset for the future.
Remember when Kasper Schmeicel was with us on loan many thought he was dreadful(including me) but he is now a premier league winner and a much valued player.

trevelfarandwide

But that can be coached out of him. Definitely something he can work on. It's not like he's got weak hands or doesn't command his box, or is useless covering his angles etc.

If we can coach this impetuous nature out him I think there is a good keeper in there.

RCC was an outfield player at some point, wasn't he? Probably a Campos or Chilavert wannabe, but having not seen RCC play, I can only go by friend's assessments: has promise, but he's prone to Campos-like exploits without the success rate. :)

wal3590

Can we just stop picking a player to abuse, for his age he is a very good goalkeeper, and has the potential to be a top class keeper. How many keepers have come in in the last 10 years and flourished under oggy? Its not Burge/RCC fault they are still young and our only keepers. They need backing not hanging out to dry

pastythegreat

have we conceded a goal due to his rushing out yet? just curious

burge has made some monumental fuckups, remmber that pboro freekick? lol . young keepers,will happen.
Need we remind anyone how he lost us the Worcester game last season?!?!

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

chinamans view

The keepers are good for this league and are still improving, I prefer RCC though, you will all moan when they are sold to a higher league team and that will happen for sure ,we need to improve other areas of the team by getting a proven goal scorer that is the most important signing we need

Colin Steins Smile

Can we just stop picking a player to abuse, for his age he is a very good goalkeeper, and has the potential to be a top class keeper. How many keepers have come in in the last 10 years and flourished under oggy? Its not Burge/RCC fault they are still young and our only keepers. They need backing not hanging out to dry
RCC is a talented keeper and goalkeepers tend to reach their peak at a later age than outfield players. So, rather than abuse RCC, a bit of support is needed, especially when we consider the average age of the defence in front of him.

skybluegod

Prefer Burge to RCC, mainly because Burge, has seemed to improve a lot over the last 12 months, in all aspects of his game... whereas RCC keeps making the same mistakes.
Yes his distribution is better, but think Burge has better handling and shot stopping... and if he comes for the ball, even if it's outside the box he gets too it, unlike RCC who seems a little hesitant at times.

skybluedan

I think rcc has potential but at the moment they are both wank and we need some expierienced head in there
Burger is never going to cut it

Great_Expectations

Burge has definitely improved this season, I'm certainly not as worried every time the opposition even enter the final third as I was last year, but RCC is the superior keeper.

Yes he is prone to poor decision making when it comes to rushing out to meet the ball, but aside from that he is better in every area. The importance of a goalkeepers distribution shouldn't be undervalued; if your keeper can't kick/pass/throw you are effectively giving away possession every time they have the ball. I think we all recognise that is a major flaw in Burge's game.

RCC strength and weakness ironically both come from his playing history as an outfield player; he's comfortable on the ball, but also prone to rushing out as it's potentially not quite as ingrained that he's the last line of defence.

Adge

Think he had a good grounding as he was at Arsenal and looked good initially. Unfortunately our coaches etc have now got hold of him and..... we'll, you know the rest.

Super Graham Withey

They will both end up in non league football. Until then though we'll give the opportunity to gift goals to the opposition in the off chance that one of them, might, just might, generate a transfer fee for our owners.

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Does anybody here rate him?

Do they feel he will ever improve?

I don't, I can't stand him in a City shirt, I don't see why he's given chance after to chance to impress yet makes the most awful mistakes I've ever seen, I hope when his contract is up that he's released.
All goalkeepers make mistakes ! It's the good ones that don't make them that often. Even Steve Ogrizovic made mistakes,
ie WEMBLEY 87 and SUTTON 89 ! I remember when he first signed for us he wasn't very good at crosses ! :emoji_scream:

rob9872

Aye but we'll tear it up in the conference

skybluebeduff

All goalkeepers make mistakes ! It's the good ones that don't make them that often. Even Steve Ogrizovic made mistakes,
ie WEMBLEY 87 and SUTTON 89 ! I remember when he first signed for us he wasn't very good at crosses ! :emoji_scream:
Watch the highlights, and watch Oldhams 2nd goal, that aint a mistake, that's just proof that he's fucking dog shit and punching 4 leagues above his weight.

Otis

That drop on Saturday was very worrying because he wasn't even really challenged at all. It was a very, very simple catch to make.

Warwickhunt

basic coaching for a GK i hear Oggy shout it every day at Ryton! "Catch the Bastard will you!"

Users who are viewing this thread