Reality check (1 Viewer)

Astute

Today gave me a reality check.

We played well enough to win. We drew.
Florest played well enough to win easily. They lost.
Brizzle played bad enough to get hammered. They won.

Do I think we will stay up? Yes, but not as confident as this morning.

Brizzle have reminded me today that you don't have to play well to win. You can win by playing poor.

Are we good enough to win on Monday? Yes. Will we? Would be happy enough with a draw, although this will keep us in the bottom 3. Do I think we will lose? No, but look at what they did today.

We still have the easier games to go. We are still on an unbeaten run. We need more wins though.

Donny look down now. Pompey need 2 more wins than us with only 5 games to go. Will they win all 5 games? Depends which team turns up to their remaining games.

If we win on monday we would be 2 points and GD above Brizzle. I think we would need 1 more win and maybe a draw or two. Draw then 2 more wins and a draw or two. Lose and then we need to turn our draws into wins.

All my own opinion. Nothing more than an opinion using logic. Logic that don't stand up to football results. A win on monday could be enough as we would be 2 points out of the bottom 3 and better GD.

Yes, a little p!ssed off at the moment, but all a part of being a Cov supporter.

SkyBlue_Bear83

I am still confident we can stay up, lose to Bristol though and I would have to concede it would be near impossible to come back from.

Having said that I am still confident of getting something at Bristol but am bricking it none the less.

BackRoomRummermill

The sad fact is that if Pompey would have had a decent accountant we would have been relegated already............. sad state of affairs I am afraid.

Hang on Thorn must have screwed the books at pompey...............

Astute

The sad fact is that if Pompey would have had a decent accountant we would have been relegated already............. sad state of affairs I am afraid.

Hang on Thorn must have screwed the books at pompey...............

So would the accountant have paid the wages for the players they couldn't afford to pay?

I see you are being as realistic as usual

BackRoomRummermill

Astute in all reality would you honestly say that we will will stay up regardless of Portsmouth FC being deducted 10 points?

Come on lets have you answer? yes or no ?

Otis

We would be down without Pompey's deduction for sure you would have to say.

Astute

Astute in all reality would you honestly say that we will will stay up regardless of Portsmouth FC being deducted 10 points?

You tell me the result on monday and I will tell you if we stay up or not.

Win and we will stay up. Draw and we have a decent chance. Lose and we are in big trouble.

We still have a good chance of staying up. I have thought all the same all season. Why should I change my mind because of Brizzle getting a lucky win?

Why are you quiet on here when we win, but all over the place when things look worse than they were?

Macca

We would be down without Pompey's deduction for sure you would have to say.

I agree. However I don t care about their deduction. It was a punishment they deserved. We have struggled all year on a tight budget, why should they be advantaged by living beyond their means ? I think we may live to regret the dropped points today. If we lose on Monday I m afraid my brief few weeks of optimism may be over

Astute

Also, where would they be if they would have lost all their decent players at the start of the season that they can't afford and not been able to replace them just like what happened to us and then used their youth players just like us instead of not giving them a chance?

BackRoomRummermill

Astute

firstly I have not slagged off Mr T Today, as he in my mind is and will alaways inept and good luck to him on his more than average wage.

I live abroad and work offshore and dont get to see or even hear the games. However I do come from Ryton and know someone who works around the club who gives me snippets....thats all I can say.

What i also 'gleen' from a ceratin source close to home is the players are very responsible themselves for getting the club going for nothing more than securing their own arses and future wages

So based on what I hear from a very reliable source I make a judgement, the judgement I make we have a champagne charlie at our helm, who is rubbish at running the team I have supported all my life. The guy is shite

I also hope to god we stay up but am resigned to the fact we are down (with a pompey glimour of hope which was pathetic) So when I come on here it is not to say I told you so.......... it is in hope someone will get the situation sorted and not have to put up with another load of agony AKA plymouth argyile and end up with a shit situation due to inproper leadership

Hopefully you can understand what I am saying

Astute

Astute

firstly I have not slagged off Mr T Today, as he in my mind is and will alaways inept and good luck to him on his more than average wage.

I live abroad and work offshore and dont get to see or even hear the games. However I do come from Ryton and know someone who works around the club who gives me snippets....thats all I can say.

What i also 'gleen' from a ceratin source close to home is the players are very responsible themselves for getting the club going for nothing more than securing their own arses and future wages

So based on what I hear from a very reliable source I make a judgement, the judgement I make we have a champagne charlie at our helm, who is rubbish at running the team I have supported all my life. The guy is shite

I also hope to god we stay up but am resigned to the fact we are down (with a pompey glimour of hope which was pathetic) So when I come on here it is not to say I told you so.......... it is in hope someone will get the situation sorted and not have to put up with another load of agony AKA plymouth argyile and end up with a shit situation due to inproper leadership

Nobody mentioned you slagging anyone off....why mention it?

Champagne charlie? Pork pie and fast food charlie maybe. From what I have heard he is doing a good job organising and getting players learning. So now the players are doing the managers job? Are they also choosing the team and subs between them? Do the subs decide who is going on and when?

As you say you have not seen us play. You can't even hear the games. Yet you know more than season ticket holders.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Astute

Why have you resigned yourself to relegation? We are 1 point behind Bristol with them still to play.

Without seeing or listening to any games how can you form a fair opinion on the manager?

BackRoomRummermill

Unfortunate response, but predictable.

You obviously are going to every game and have your finger firmly on the pulse of CCFC up somewhere between the Lancaster junction and junction 44 of the M6?

Brighton Sky Blue

This forum now is a carbon copy of Brizzle's last weekend, and theirs is of ours. Calm yourselves down-otherwise there is no point in heading to Ashton Gate on Monday.

BackRoomRummermill

Not going to answer the question then?

Predictable :rolleyes:

I think Forum time delay here CCFC

The opionion I have of the manager is based on where we are in league, where the team has won , so it is not a bad squad and most importantly where we have failed........... how many times have we not defended a lead this season?

Why has Mr T not had the guile or intelligence to reform and hold the lead? How many points would we be on now ? tell me games where his intervention by bringing on a sub or changing formation had won us a game ?

SkyBlue_Bear83

The opionion I have of the manager is based on where we are in league, where the team has won , so it is not a bad squad and most importantly where we have failed........... how many times have we not defended a lead this season?

Why has Mr T not had the guile or intelligence to reform and hold the lead? How many points would we be on now ? tell me games where his intervention by bringing on a sub or changing formation had won us a game ?
I totally agree, early on in the season we were dropping vital points and that was partly Thorn's fault.
He was still an inexperienced manager then and is improving as is shown in results, I think it is wrong to say he will always be inept.

That comes across to me that no matter how well Thorn does in the future you will consider him inept because of a poor first few months.

BackRoomRummermill

I think again today we should have won which is very frustrating given the TEAM nearly broke the goal posts, can we , if we go down , say he will still be as crap in league 1 (3rd tier) ?

He is a great scout apperently

SkyBlue_Bear83

I think again today we should have won which is very frustrating given the TEAM nearly broke the goal posts, can we , if we go down , say he will still be as crap in league 1 (3rd tier) ?

He is a great scout apperently
I am not sure of your point here. He didn't do much wrong today, maybe should have taken Gael off earlier but we were unlucky not to win today and the manager can't prepare for the team to hit the posts 3 times and for the opposition to chip the keeper from 25 yards out.

Astute

Bit of a change from having inside information.

No I am not a season ticket holder. Go to a lot more games than you though, and all you have to go by is the results. I suppose you know Florest were crap today and Brizzle well deserved their win?

BackRoomRummermill

I agree , with what you say.

Surely though at this stage Posts or Chip of the keeper aside it needs to be taken in hand and followed through. The POSH have nothing to play for except win Bonus.

CCFC playing for their lives here.

It is just one dissapointment after another.

Astute

I am not sure of your point here. He didn't do much wrong today, maybe should have taken Gael off earlier but we were unlucky not to win today and the manager can't prepare for the team to hit the posts 3 times and for the opposition to chip the keeper from 25 yards out.

You must have been seeing things, just the same as everyone else. The WUM knows more than anyone else as he knows by the results we are crap........

BackRoomRummermill

I did not know the result today until I came in from a beer, what I do know is not to bank on anything at this stage of the season, like i said in a post earlier.

This is the first season I have not been to the Ricoh or even seen Cov on TV. I expect less in league one. I get to hear a fair bit though and maintain what I said earlier. I think the players deserve a load of credit.

Astute

I agree , with what you say.

Surely though at this stage Posts or Chip of the keeper aside it needs to be taken in hand and followed through. The POSH have nothing to play for except win Bonus.

CCFC playing for their lives here.

It is just one dissapointment after another.

Can you remind us all who Pompey lost 5-1 to and where they are in the table? I know you like to keep to true facts when stating them

Any credibility there is to your viewpoints on Thorn has been completely evaporated by your admission that it has been formed despite not seeing or hearing a single fixture in real time. You seem passionate about the subject, despite having no first hand idea about what you are talking about. Good effort.

Astute

Of course the players deserve a lot of the credit, especially as they have done it without a manager like you say. 7 games undefeated now.

BackRoomRummermill

I suppose I am passionate about CCFC . it is only my opinion. I have been watching the team many years so I feel allowed an opinion. Being a couple of hours ahead in time does not feel you less angry , pissed off or deflated that CCFC can get relegated.

I suppose the difference for me is that I see the end data, which for some reason this season is extremely awful.

With that I agree to disagree, I am not a WUM, I am not claiming to have ridiculous inside info, I do speak to someone who interacts with the players , on a weekly basis but who knows as it mostly not football related, but i still believe the UK is a land of free speech and people are allowed an opionon and a crack without being over personal.

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread