Records From Acts You Dislike ? (1 Viewer)

bringbackrattles

OMD at Monster of Rock? They would have been eaten alive
You may be right it may have been at Milton Keynes Bowl when Simple Minds were on.
The last Monsters of Rock we went was Ozzy headlining. Nobody wants to do them anymore !

bringbackrattles

You old fart! Cant remember OMD playing there. I first went in 81, AC/DC, Whitesnake B.O.C, Slade were excellent. Went again to see Metallica, Pantera, Machine Head, cant take the standing up all day anymore and can only take so many bottles of piss hitting me. My bald head is a target!!!! Bastards!
You forget to mention the flat beer ! We used to get tanked up before going inside !

Monners

You may be right it may have been at Milton Keynes Bowl when Simple Minds were on.
The last Monsters of Rock we went was Ozzy headlining. Nobody wants to do them anymore !
I went in 84. Hot day and sober (on the motorbike) - van Halen, motley Crew, Dio, Gary Moore, Ozzy.
Also in 88 wet day and tiddled. Kiss, GnR, Dave Lee Roth. Not a modern romantic in sight!

bringbackrattles

OMD were at the Bowl in 1991 also the Stranglers with Simple Minds top of the bill. My then missus came with us to that one as she liked Simple Minds. Don't think its called Monsters of Rock now maybe Download ?

Malaka

OMD were at the Bowl in 1991 also the Stranglers with Simple Minds top of the bill. My then missus came with us to that one as she liked Simple Minds. Don't think its called Monsters of Rock now maybe Download ?
No mate. Monsters of Rock was always at Donnington and it is now Download

Malaka

I'm on a moan now. I really hated Lisa Stansfield because of her stupid lyrics

Been around the world and I, I, I
I can't find my baby
I don't know when, I don't know why
Why he's gone away
And I don't know where he can be, my baby
But I'm gonna find him

We had a quarrel and I let myself go
I said so many things, things he didn't know
And I was oh oh so bad
And I don't think he's comin' back, mm mm

So she dont' know why he went away and then goes on to explain why he did one! FFS she got awards for that bollocks.

Also Adelle, all she sings about is how sorry she is she chucked her boyfriend and then going back to see if they can patch it up and is pissed off because he moved on. Drives me nuts

Otis

Same as the Rolling Stones. If Mick Jagger can't get no satisfaction, he's obviously getting some by the bucket load.

bringbackrattles

No mate. Monsters of Rock was always at Donnington and it is now Download
Yes I know that. Donnington was always the venue for Monsters of Rock. But went to Milton Keynes Bowl a few times as they have had some top acts there. Looked Download up and you're right its the new name.

Malaka

Yes I know that. Donnington was always the venue for Monsters of Rock. But went to Milton Keynes Bowl a few times as they have had some top acts there. Looked Download up and you're right its the new name.
i have seen Metallica at the Bowl, supported by The Cult, Billy Idol and Megadeth. Also saw Guns n Roses there (Awful)!!!

Samo

Really dislike the Spice Girls, but there is one single of theirs that I do like. Can't think what it's called.

Same with the Backstreet Boys. Don't like any of their stuff, but the single 'Everybody,' I do really like a lot.

Then with the reverse, I do quite like Abba, but the one song of theirs I can't stand that everyone seemingly drools like crazy over, I hate with a passion! That's Dancing Queen, which I think is a dreadful record.
Same too with Dexy's Midnight Runners. Love Geno and Jackie Wilson Says, but despise Come on Eileen.

I think it might actually be illegal to say you dislike Dancing Queen

jimmyhillsfanclub

Now I'd happily see all 5 of Take That buried in a slurry pit.....

but "Back for good" struck a chord at the time.....

Users who are viewing this thread