red bull again (1 Viewer)

the rumpo kid

another twitter rumour (che Thompson England u 18 coach) says red bull to buy city and wasps, says its from a massive source but wont say who. gillets been on saying herd something similar but don't get ahead of yourself.

Otis

another twitter rumour (che Thompson England u 18 coach) says red bull to buy city and wasps, says its from a massive source but wont say who. gillets been on saying herd something similar but don't get ahead of yourself.
I never, ever believe any of it until it is fact.

Will treat it with the same contempt as every other rumour.

Why would the England U,18 coach know and why would he say anything about it publicly?

Last edited:

Bob Latchford

I'll treat it as BULL until it's signed , sealed , delivered . very much how I treat anything re CCFC.

Bob Latchford

Someone should put a PIT stop to these rumours .

skybluetony176

Believe it when I see it. Although I did here the same thing through a mate before Xmas who's into his Rugby in a big way and has a mate of a mate situation with someone at Leicester tigers who seems to tell him a lot of things before they happen at Leicester and it came through that pipeline. Apparently. I'm still taking it with a big pinch of salt though.

Sky Blue Harry H

Oh FFS why would Red bull buy Coventry City hmmmmm I can't think of any reason.

All bullshite

If they were buying Wasps and getting the Ricoh too, then it makes more sense, doesn't it? It doesn't mean there is anything in it, but I can see how the package is more attractive taking over the lot (providing SISU don't want 'silly' money for our 'assets'- doh there goes any hope !)

Captain Dart

This bullshitter on it.

BackRoomRummermill

If they were buying Wasps and getting the Ricoh too, then it makes more sense, doesn't it? It doesn't mean there is anything in it, but I can see how the package is more attractive taking over the lot (providing SISU don't want 'silly' money for our 'assets'- doh there goes any hope !)

You have answered your own question there and there lies the reason, who the hell wants to deal with the current owners , btw we are nothing to do with wasps , will they be buying the retail park too as its near the stadia ? Hmmmmm .

Terry Gibson's perm

Apologies to the bloke, I have no idea who he is, but I would expect an established agent to have a more PR friendly twitter cover photo than what to most looks like an empty goal net from the local rec.

The poor chap said he was out watching talent this weekend the game he went to was

Chesterfield v Coventry

W

westcountry_skyblue

Will they Buy the Wheatsheaf for the lads too,Fix that wall at the front and Rename it the RedBULL Tavern?

Great_Expectations

You have answered your own question there and there lies the reason, who the hell wants to deal with the current owners , btw we are nothing to do with wasps , will they be buying the retail park too as its near the stadia ? Hmmmmm .

As a basic concept it makes sense to own both - the stadium in use twice for a high number of weekends, equals twice the revenue. There's sharing of other facilities too. Plus, if we were taken over by a company willing to invest, there's lots more money to made with Coventry than Wasps, predominantly linked to the money associated with the two sports. Finally, CCFC are in a trough, so to an investor we can only go one way. Arguably Wasps are already at (or at least very close to) their peak.

I appreciate there are lots more complexities and caveats than the basic argument outlined above, but I still believe an independent investor would see benefit in owning both.

W

westcountry_skyblue

Would be good to have a Sky Blue pub wouldn't it? The Rowleys Green would be perfect.
I used to love a few in The Mercers arms a few years ago and The Vauxhall Tavern,Brewer and Baker too Nick!

skybluetony176

Thing is I can see RB coming in for Wasps and ACL. As far as I'm aware they don't have a presence in the sport of Rugby so will be breaking new ground, have a nice central stadium with exhibition hall, hotel etc. for the staging of RB events and I can also see the logic in also acquiring a football team to play there. Here's the Rub though. How much is Wasps and ACL going to cost them? £20M, £30M maybe as much as £40M I don't know. They then go to SISU and say Ms. Seppala we'd like to buy your football team that doesn't have a pot to piss in how much? Answer, £60M.

Why would they do that? Why not just go and buy Sphinx or Cov United instead?

That's why I don't believe it.

clint van damme

Thing is I can see RB coming in for Wasps and ACL. As far as I'm aware they don't have a presence in the sport of Rugby so will be breaking new ground, have a nice central stadium with exhibition hall, hotel etc. for the staging of RB events and I can also see the logic in also acquiring a football team to play there. Here's the Rub though. How much is Wasps and ACL going to cost them? £20M, £30M maybe as much as £40M I don't know. They then go to SISU and say Ms. Seppala we'd like to buy your football team that doesn't have a pot to piss in how much? Answer, £60M.

Why would they do that? Why not just go and buy Sphinx or Cov United instead?

That's why I don't believe it.

do you really think they'll ask for that much? Or should I say do you not think they'll settle for a lot less because initially they're bound to ask for something ludicrous, it's the nature of them.

BackRoomRummermill

Why? You keeping making these big bold statements but you don't back them up with any reasoned logic as to why you make them.

Because they would lose all their money they invested , how much have SISU lost ....
I don't need to be bold to make the statement , it's all there for any mug to see.

Otis

It's obviously a rubbish rumour. One minute the U18 coach is the U18 England coach and within two posts he's only the U18 coach for the City.

SkyblueBazza

Yep they would buy wasps for sure, but no way Cov, they would disassociate from Cov and drop them like a stone
No...see I said when Wasps entered the fray - & still maintain - 'give it 4yrs...Wasps owners will buy CCFC'

To Wasps owners now with a stadium, & a top performing/competing Rugby outfit - they have a significant sellable asset. By adding a football club that has pretty good potential & having the two share the stadium...there is a golden opportunity to make money on two fronts sport-wise...plus the pies!

...onwards & upwards PUSB

Users who are viewing this thread