red bull again (1 Viewer)

Terry Gibson's perm

It would be fun being the team everybody hates as we storm through the leagues and watching red bull stick two fingers up to ffp, everything would improve at the club as the football teams in the group all share their skills.

Brylowes

Thing is we have fallen so far and lost so many supporters, it would take something really big
To turn things around, this would certainly achieve it.

bawtryneal

If theres one thing us Cov fans do worst then any other club supporters, it's got to be the photoshops.

If there is one thing we do very well is dream on our chat rooms that some billionaire is going to come along and save us from SISU. I`ve just read the whole thread and cannot believe people are getting sucked into the discussion.
I hope I am proved completely wrong but I give the story a 1% chance of happening.

ccfc_ukr

Im sure i read somewhere last week ( i think BBC) that Red Bull were linked with a West Ham take over? Seems to me to make a lot more sense looking at it from a purely football point of view (rather than football/rugby) situation that we have in coventry. Having said that, not heard anything recently.

Any hint of a takeover/ sale would be welcome news, hardly anything to hang on to in terms of positivity this season!

ccfchoi87

If they take us over and leave us alone ie) badge, kit colour etc then great. I can't get on board if there going to change our identity.

Brylowes

If there is one thing we do very well is dream on our chat rooms that some billionaire is going to come along and save us from SISU. I`ve just read the whole thread and cannot believe people are getting sucked into the discussion.
I hope I am proved completely wrong but I give the story a 1% chance of happening.
I agree, I don't think it will happen.

But without hopes and dreams we just have SISU, so you can't blame us for hoping and dreaming.

skybluebeduff

If they take us over and leave us alone ie) badge, kit colour etc then great. I can't get on board if there going to change our identity.
I wouldn't worry about it, many would take your place if you left. The younger generation of Coventry deserve a team to be proud of, history is history, they deserve to create new history, and not one that has tarnished this club for the past 3 decades of absolute shit.

dongonzalos

Because it wouldn't be CCFC? As I and others have mentioned? Sell your history, identity and tradition for success? No thanks. I'll leave you all to it if it happens. I don't agree with Wasps as everyone knows. I'm also not a hypocrite, which means I wouldn't agree with a franchised CCFC.

A franchised CCFC?
Is it still a franchise if it is the same club in the same stadium just with new owners and a modified name?
Also are you selling your history if you are the same club same city same stadium. Same history just new owners and a modified name?

skybluebeduff

What good is history to the up-coming newer generation of fans that take our place? To become like their fathers, depressed of CCFC and it's decades of shit?

Last edited:

ccfchoi87

I wouldn't worry about it, many would take your place if you left. The younger generation of Coventry deserve a team to be proud of, history is history, they deserve to create new history, and not one that has tarnished this club for the past 3 decades of absolute shit.

Well I'm not even 18 so do I not count as the younger generation? I'd worry cus id lose the team I loved, yeah I've watched 13 years of shite but RB Coventry playing in red is just as bad as wasps being here, it wouldn't be my team anymore

clint van damme

Don't confuse discussing the possibility of it happening with thinking it has any real chance of happening.
I think most of us have had too many false dawns over the years to get our hopes up too much.

stupot07

Every red bull team has this as its home strip

161b3cc23ee1e742f7b6bc9a6881fe84.jpg

This as its away strip

800fe513472ddd5879cbdaa870fd5e15.jpg

This as its badge

d18a844884b03832081858e8137540dd.jpg

And this as its mascot

d2a09894f6fe5a8008755447a984b424.jpg

Personally, I don't think I could support a Red Bull Coventry, its a completely different club.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

dongonzalos

Well I'm not even 18 so do I not count as the younger generation? I'd worry cus id lose the team I loved, yeah I've watched 13 years of shite but RB Coventry playing in red is just as bad as wasps being here, it wouldn't be my team anymore

What if SISU decide next years home kit is Red with a bit of Blue?

Gosford Green

A lot of fans I know (old bastards 45+) say it is not their club anymore, Sixfields and SISU have finished it for them and even I find it a struggle to separate the 2 entities each time Fisher opens his mouth and I am the daft twat that keeps going.

I would take any new owner that secured the long term future of the club and made an attempt to build bridges with fans, Jimmy Hiil came here in the early 60s with radical ideas so it has happened before. If we won a few games as well then all the better.

skybluebeduff

Every red bull team has this as its home strip

161b3cc23ee1e742f7b6bc9a6881fe84.jpg

This as its away strip

800fe513472ddd5879cbdaa870fd5e15.jpg

This as its badge

d18a844884b03832081858e8137540dd.jpg

And this as its mascot

d2a09894f6fe5a8008755447a984b424.jpg

Personally, I don't think I could support a Red Bull Coventry, its a completely different club.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
You must prefer the depression this one has brought us all instead ;)

Irish Sky Blue

What I don't get is. Sisu are bad cos they just want to make money. It's ok if red bull did that though. And other clubs do the same too. Which is it? Is it bad or not? Or does it depend on who is making the money?

Sisu are bad because they lie and use the club for their own purposes. They are bad for so many reasons, all of them well known on here so no need to repeat them.

Covstu

I really dont see why they would want to change kit colour or badge? no idea where that is coming from. Surly they would just write REDBULL on the front like a sponsor? Plus they would I guess buy the Ricoh, why would they want to move out of Coventry?
Based on assumptions of course but you only have to look at all red bull teams and the kids are identical. You need to look at all events, hardly conservative with their logos and colours everywhere. Personally cannot see they just accepting a badge on the front of a sky blue shirt for too long..

KG7

It's a tough call I'm nearly middle aged and I haven't seen us have any success (my first game was the friendly after the cup final. Lost one nil to WBA and Carlton Palmer scored). I think we've earned some excitement and hope and I think I would exchange that for the colour of kit we play in

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

shmmeee

Based on assumptions of course but you only have to look at all red bull teams and the kids are identical. You need to look at all events, hardly conservative with their logos and colours everywhere. Personally cannot see they just accepting a badge on the front of a sky blue shirt for too long..

If they're growing youth players in a lab, at least it'll save on academy costs.

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Just to reiterate, guys, Red Bull will NOT conduct a takeover of the club, they did NOT conduct a takeover of Leipzig; they founded the club, from scratch.

So if a Red Bull club is coming to Coventry, it's not CCFC-related in any way...
There's a clue in the name, Red Bullshit. :emoji_imp:

Users who are viewing this thread