red bull again (1 Viewer)

shmmeee

I really dont see why they would want to change kit colour or badge? no idea where that is coming from. Surly they would just write REDBULL on the front like a sponsor? Plus they would I guess buy the Ricoh, why would they want to move out of Coventry?

They would change everything, that's what they've done at every club they've bought. We'd be Red Bull Coventry, play in white at home and blue away, have the badge with COVENTRY at the bottom and play in the Red Bull Arena if this happened. That's the deal.

But it won't happen.

ccfchoi87

What if SISU decide next years home kit is Red with a bit of Blue?

Well this year it's white!! And if we didn't have more telling issues I'm sure the fans would have been in uproar about it. But that's not the badge, the name etc. Remember when they tried to change the badge before? It's not just one aspect it would be our whole identity

clint van damme

They would change everything, that's what they've done at every club they've bought. We'd be Red Bull Coventry, play in white at home and blue away, have the badge with COVENTRY at the bottom and play in the Red Bull Arena if this happened. That's the deal.

But it won't happen.
are there not restrictions in place regarding name changes?

Rodders1

Think I'd be ok with it.

Come on guys we're all adults - surely the bloody kit colour shouldn't cloud our judgement over having a successful club that the fans, our kids can support.

The club is the fans, the community. Not which mascot runs out the tunnel. Ridiculous to even stop progress for those little issues.

Jimmy Hill would love this. It's the modern way. We haven't aways been the sky blues.

Anyway - here's hoping it happens!!!

SkyblueBazza

Our new kit , being modelled by somebody with weird eyes
The thing in her hand may look like a can of redbull, but it is a new device from a part owner who refused to sell his shared to allow Text a sub

ddf103aba8d014dc26ab794959f3bb1c.jpg

it
No. Doesn't work...tell her to get her kit off

...onwards & upwards PUSB

Astute

If our name still had Coventry City in it I could live with that. If our home kit changed to red and white I could live with it as long as the away kit is the sugar free colour. But we could find them using the sky blue colour for the home kit.

So how does a small name change and kit change lose us our history?

sky blue john

Well anyone who thinks that Red Bull taking us over would be a bad thing wants their head testing !
We are talking a successfull professional company not a bloody fly by night hedgefund.
If they want to make changes we collectively don't agree with then we oppose them as and when they come up.
Lets hope they take us over and that we get the opportunity then to squabble over kit colours !

Captain Dart

Gynnsthetonic

Regarding people not wanting a franchise, are not most premier- championship clubs basically franchised to rich foreign owners nowadays. Leicester hardly owned by the local hosiery firm but mega rich Thais, Both Manchester clubs not ran by local textile mill businessman, yanks and arabs, Wolves,West Brom not the local foundry owners, Chinese, London clubs not by the Local Del Boy market traders but Russians, Ukrainians and Yanks etc. If we were to be owned by Red Bull and play in Coventry and have Coventry in our name I say bring it on. I wanna take my kids to see top flight football in front of 25000 plus gates not this utter dross ruining our football club

Sky Blue Kid

Think I'd be ok with it.

Come on guys we're all adults - surely the bloody kit colour shouldn't cloud our judgement over having a successful club that the fans, our kids can support.

The club is the fans, the community. Not which mascot runs out the tunnel. Ridiculous to even stop progress for those little issues.

Jimmy Hill would love this. It's the modern way. We haven't aways been the sky blues.

Anyway - here's hoping it happens!!!

Very true, but we have been the "Sky Blues" for half of our existence. ;)

Nick

Administrator
Telegraph article about it now, I'll wait to see if I get told they are buying us like I got told Jordan was.

RegTheDonk

It's pretty laughable that a supposedly respected newpaper, which has thousands of people reading it, puts out a headline based on a removed tweet. Investigative journos, I don't think.

As said, they seem to get most of their stories from here.

I'd suggest Malaka phones BT, just to make sure the CT haven't tried to hack his phone :D

shmmeee

It's pretty laughable that a supposedly respected newpaper, which has thousands of people reading it, puts out a headline based on a removed tweet. Investigative journos, I don't think.

As said, they seem to get most of their stories from here.

I'd suggest Malaka phones BT, just to make sure the CT haven't tried to hack his phone :D

Who claims they're respected, or that local newspapers have the cash for investigative journalism?

shmmeee

dont be so defensive

Not sure what's defensive about that?

More offensive towards SBT if anything.

Local newspapers everywhere are shit, but classic SBT sees they've lost their keys and blames aliens. The CT is shit. The people who blame everything on the CT are shit. Occam's Razor is blunt around here.

Calista

Premier League takeover would be enormous stupidity - Red Bull founder
"That's not even idle speculation. It moreover would be an enormous stupidity to think about an addition in England after a successful involvement at Leipzig. That would be wrong from a sporting perspective. To mix everything together would at one point also not be in accordance with UEFA regulations."
Red Bull boss rules out Prem takeover

So based on that, we are very unlikely to become the "Mateschitz Sky Blues".

sky blue john

Premier League takeover would be enormous stupidity - Red Bull founder
"That's not even idle speculation. It moreover would be an enormous stupidity to think about an addition in England after a successful involvement at Leipzig. That would be wrong from a sporting perspective. To mix everything together would at one point also not be in accordance with UEFA regulations."
Red Bull boss rules out Prem takeover

So based on that, we are very unlikely to become the "Mateschitz Sky Blues".

Strange comment but UEFA have allowed them to own at team in Germany and Austria ?
What would be different to taking on an English team as well.

skybluejelly

Every red bull team has this as its home strip

161b3cc23ee1e742f7b6bc9a6881fe84.jpg

This as its away strip

800fe513472ddd5879cbdaa870fd5e15.jpg

This as its badge

d18a844884b03832081858e8137540dd.jpg

And this as its mascot

d2a09894f6fe5a8008755447a984b424.jpg

Personally, I don't think I could support a Red Bull Coventry, its a completely different club.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

We could be like Peterborough .. I think they had about six mascots the other week

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rob S

Red-Bull-CCFC.jpg

Sweet Jesus, a newspaper used this picture.

For any budding Photoshoppers out there (and also the person who created this shit-show of a mock-up): You can easily get rid of a white background and blend with the original image below by having the badge on its own layer & using the Multiply or Overlay blending modes and tweaking the Opacity for that layer.

Better still, start with a vector format file (e.g. from here) which won't have the white background edges. Drop it into your image and use the blending modes as above.

For more advanced work, the Puppet Warp (via the Edit menu) can help you get a more realistic look as allows you to distort the badge to match the shirt below. Basic instructions on this page, loads of tutorials on YouTube etc.

Users who are viewing this thread