Red dwarf x tonight! (1 Viewer)

Covstu

On davenport at 9am, I cannot wait!

Bagsy

Hopefully It's nothing like that Back to Earth tripe!!!!

Guess we'll know in about 35 mins

Covstu

They said it was less fx more grumpy old man, so should be more akin to the old school dwarf..

TheHellion

I'm recording this to watch tomorrow night. I hope it's as good as the early series were. If it is, should be in for a treat!

Covstu

It was quality, similar crap jokes to the earlier ones! Rimmer was back to his old self!

Tad

Quality! Loved how the little jokes here and there ended up snowballing into something funnier at the end. Looking forward to next weeks.

Next weeks looks like it might be answering the "where's Holly" question.

:D

redsox

Facebook User
Recording it and hoping that it regains at least a little of its former glory.:)

coundonskyblue

Thought I was going to be the only one watching it. Didn't realise it still had such a following!

Overall worth watching, perhaps not as funny as the early episodes, but certainly funnier that its last few series.

dutchman

I laughed out loud a couple of times and that was it.

And yes I am a fan of the original series and have seen every single episode several times. The series peaked around the end of Series 4 ("Meltdown") and the beginning of Series 5 ("Holoship"). It has declined ever since.

redsox

Facebook User
Thought I was going to be the only one watching it. Didn't realise it still had such a following!

Overall worth watching, perhaps not as funny as the early episodes, but certainly funnier that its last few series.

Confession time......I actually went to a red dwarf convention many moons ago. Geek central it certainly was.:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
So, is this a brand new series? Who stars in it? When is it on? ................ And why wasn't I told??!! :)

Covstu

So, is this a brand new series? Who stars in it? When is it on? ................ And why wasn't I told??!! :)

Yes series ten, old cast! The firstbi heard about it was watching one ofnthe old ones one davenport when there was bugger else to watch

Covstu

It was better than in expected to be fair, after series 8 and 9 where they focussed on semi flash graphics instead of the storyline inwasnt holding out. Much hope but they seemed to have reverted back to what made the series great.

TheHellion

All I can say is........."It was a moose!"

Houchens Head

I wanna Stirmaster! (D'ya think JML do them? Will they be on sale in Wilkinsons and all good stores or are they only available online or via phone?)

Diehard Si

Have I missed something?

The last I saw Rimmer was about to get blown up. Now they are back on Red Dwarf, no Kochanski and seemingly back to how it was in the early days... How tho?

Houchens Head

StirMaster.jpg

There's the phone number! 0800-751-102 :claping hands:

Last edited:

Tad

Have I missed something?

The last I saw Rimmer was about to get blown up. Now they are back on Red Dwarf, no Kochanski and seemingly back to how it was in the early days... How tho?

The writer has answered this. He's missed it out on purpose. It's going to be one of those "events" in the series that's never fully explained - or not yet anyway. He's hinted there might be mentions here and there though. The writer even joked about skipping series 9 and going straight to 10(X) because it would never live up to all the hype lol.

chiefdave

The new series has been brilliant. Really on top form. They filmed another series at the same time to air next year so hopefully that's as good.

Users who are viewing this thread