Red dwarf x tonight! (1 Viewer)

dutchman

Thought it was just 'okay' myself. Would have been better if either of the Hollies had been included. Some of the storylines were lifted from earlier series as anyone watching the recent repeats will have noticed.

olderskyblue

The new series has been brilliant. Really on top form. They filmed another series at the same time to air next year so hopefully that's as good.

Agreed. I enjoyed every episode of this series

RegTheDonk

Sorry lads, I must be in a minority. I have always watched Red Dwarf and loved the earlier stuff. But I think the writing has suffered since the Grant/Naylor split. It seems as if Doug is a little lost for ideas and some of the better shows have been when he's collaborated or someone else has written them. I don't think Naylor or Grant were or are better than each other, I think its just one of those things where they make a better team than as solo artists (like a lot of pop groups or comedy double acts). Its a shame as even though the cast are older and looking it, there can still be some great chemistry between the main 4 crew. But if I'm honest, while I've chuckled a bit, I haven't actually laughed out loud since the show was produced for Dave.

covcity4life

Sorry lads, I must be in a minority. I have always watched Red Dwarf and loved the earlier stuff. But I think the writing has suffered since the Grant/Naylor split. It seems as if Doug is a little lost for ideas and some of the better shows have been when he's collaborated or someone else has written them. I don't think Naylor or Grant were or are better than each other, I think its just one of those things where they make a better team than as solo artists (like a lot of pop groups or comedy double acts). Its a shame as even though the cast are older and looking it, there can still be some great chemistry between the main 4 crew. But if I'm honest, while I've chuckled a bit, I haven't actually laughed out loud since the show was produced for Dave.

the dave shows have been good. 2 have made me LOL properly,both rimmer episodes. this one and last seasons when his bro turned up.

quite liked kryton and his mid life crisis attire too

Covstu

I have enjoyed it but where RD was at its best was on the scenes that are high dialogue. The scene where Kat and Lister were stuck in that room (episode 3 I think) was just hilarious and took me back to Series 1&2, no frills or SFX just good dialogue.

NorthernWisdom

Mixed feelings. It's a damned site better than the last series on BBC but yeah, it misses the Grant/Naylor partnership. And yeah, you can see they're re-hasing plot ideas.

But... it's still got some nice bits in it.

Next up, new series of the Brittas Empire...? ;)

Nick

Administrator
Mixed feelings. It's a damned site better than the last series on BBC but yeah, it misses the Grant/Naylor partnership. And yeah, you can see they're re-hasing plot ideas.

But... it's still got some nice bits in it.

Next up, new series of the Brittas Empire...? ;)
Screen-Shot-2013-08-24-at-19.48.38.png

Users who are viewing this thread