Ref Banned for Life and game to be replayed after bad decision (1 Viewer)

lifeskyblue

Don't know enough about this case but surely it must be more than a one bad decision. Must have taken a bung or something rather than a bad decision. Depending on angle refs often make genuine mistakes. Clearly they are under the microscope but often numerous replays and scrutiny by experts can't 100% determine whether they are right or wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nick

Administrator
Don't know enough about this case but surely it must be more than a one bad decision. Must have taken a bung or something rather than a bad decision. Depending on angle refs often make genuine mistakes. Clearly they are under the microscope but often numerous replays and scrutiny by experts can't 100% determine whether they are right or wrong.

I thought it would be a bung or fixing, but it doesnt seem to mention it.

chiefdave

You'd think there is more to this. We'd be replaying matches every week if they applied the same here.

Captain Dart

When the announcers name flashed up, thought he was called shithole!

lifeskyblue

Not fully from behind (more side), studs not raised, well timed and got the ball. Never a red. But so difficult for ref when player goes down like that.

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Not fully from behind (more side), studs not raised, well timed and got the ball. Never a red. But so difficult for ref when player goes down like that.

I'm not a big fan of video technology / challenges coming into football but for that sort of stuff it's paramount!

chiefdave

I'm not a big fan of video technology / challenges coming into football but for that sort of stuff it's paramount!
Its going to have to come in, as long as the process is managed correctly shouldn't be an issue.

They have video replay at Blaze games so its not down to cost, pretty much every top level game around Europe is televised anyway and most of the coaches have access to video replay, to not have it in games that potentially have tens of millions riding on them is ridiculous.

lifeskyblue

No I don't like video tech...I think ref should be in charge alone for the 90mins but retrospective to look at reds and cheats.

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Its going to have to come in, as long as the process is managed correctly shouldn't be an issue.

They have video replay at Blaze games so its not down to cost, pretty much every top level game around Europe is televised anyway and most of the coaches have access to video replay, to not have it in games that potentially have tens of millions riding on them is ridiculous.

Cost certainly won't be an issue in the PL etc

Just depends how will they do it managers having challenges? Refs wanting to clarify decisions?

Again that situation in the Dutch charity shield game I think where ref turned down a pen ball stayed in play for 90 seconds other team scored then it was reviewed ref realised pen should have been given and awarded it, goal was disallowed!

vow

Again that situation in the Dutch charity shield game I think where ref turned down a pen ball stayed in play for 90 seconds other team scored then it was reviewed ref realised pen should have been given and awarded it, goal was disallowed!
Fook me, mare for the ref.

Users who are viewing this thread