Refugees welcome? (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
The link doesn't work.

Is it to do with Bayern?

I agree, once you start bringing even more politics into it it gets messy.

Whilst I obviously feel for the refugees and families I do think this country has a lot of it's own issues to sort out first.

KG7

I think it's difficult to call this politics when it is affecting so many human lives. There are thousands living in desolate conditions and many dying every day. We should absolutely support them. If we and our rival fans have the compassion to show support to Jayden and his family through football, we should also have the compassion to show support to these people as well. Whatever can be done publicly to change people's attitudes towards them should be and if the club can support this then I think it would be an excellent move.

Samo

This is about people not politics.

covcity4life

The link doesn't work.

Is it to do with Bayern?

Whilst I obviously feel for the refugees and families I do think this country has a lot of it's own issues to sort out first.

Some guy who has shit gcse and now finds it hard to get a job and moans is not a bigger problem than kids drowning.

But keep them seperate. It's a divisive issue and we don't need that at ccfc right now. The fanbase is finnaly starting to back the team.

Nick

Administrator
Haven't there been people dying around the world every day though for years?

Opposing fans showed support to Jayden because he was a city fan, the same as I'd stand and applaud if an opposition fan or player had passed away out of respect.

KG7

Some guy who hot shit gcse and noe finds it hard to get a job and moans is not a bigger problem than kids drowning.

But keep them seperate. It's a divisive issue and we don't need that at ccfc right now. The fanbase is finnaly starting to back the team.

The fanbase finally starting to back the team is not a bigger issue than kids drowning

covcity4life

Nick our biggest worry is cov losing.

Their biggest worry is if they will be alive tomorrow

Try to let that sink in.

KG7

Opposing fans showed support to Jayden because he was a city fan, the same as I'd stand and applaud if an opposition fan or player had passed away out of respect.

Yes of course there have been but currently many people are dying because of this particular issue that is being ignored by the people who can do something about it. Worse than that they are being painted as a problem.

Nick, I think if you can find it within yourself to show support to a rival fan you can also find it within yourself to show support to thousands of fellow human beings, out of respect.

Samo

Yes there has... but this is a huge humanitarian crisis and it needs urgent action/support.

jimmyhillsfanclub

I think it's difficult to call this politics when it is affecting so many human lives. There are thousands living in desolate conditions and many dying every day. We should absolutely support them. If we and our rival fans have the compassion to show support to Jayden and his family through football, we should also have the compassion to show support to these people as well. Whatever can be done publicly to change people's attitudes towards them should be and if the club can support this then I think it would be an excellent move.

:claping hands::claping hands:

Correct.....Far too many people (media & politicians included) are blurring the lines between migrants & refugees.....

...some are doing it, no doubt, to suit agendas....

Nick

Administrator
Some guy who has shit gcse and now finds it hard to get a job and moans is not a bigger problem than kids drowning.

Whilst it is tragic that a young kid has drowned, kids have starved to death in Africa for years haven't they? There are kids in this country that need help too.

covcity4life

Are their kids in this country in such sire straits they are trying to leave and drowning?

It's all us us us...when it's all said and done you are a human being, who cares if tour English and someone else is Syrian.

Nick

Administrator
Are their kids in this country in such sire straits they are trying to leave and drowning?

It's all us us us...when it's all said and done you are a human being, who cares if tour English and someone else is Syrian.

And if somebody said to me here is a Syrian family, how can you help them I'd send them clothes, food and shelter and things for their kids. I'd happily help like that. The only thing is when doing it through official sources a nice % gets deducted so I don't bother.

Samo

Whilst it is tragic that a young kid has drowned, kids have starved to death in Africa for years haven't they? There are kids in this country that need help too.

Ah the old 'charity begins at home' cop-out.

KG7

And if somebody said to me here is a Syrian family, how can you help them I'd send them clothes, food and shelter and things for their kids. I'd happily help like that. The only thing is when doing it through official sources a nice % gets deducted so I don't bother.

Here you go Nick:

https://www.fundsurfer.com/project/calais-action-brixtonsouth-london-drop-off

A friend of mine is taking a van to Calais next weekend. I donated pencils, harmonicas, chairs, notebooks yesterday. Anything you can spare would be more than welcome, similarly she is raising cash.

Most countries have problems but I can't think of any that we have that should prevent us from helping these desperate people by showing support at a football match.

KG7

skybluetony176

The link doesn't work.

Is it to do with Bayern?

Civil War not being one of them. It's a lame excuse to be honest considering what they're trying to escape. Compared to them we have no problems.

AFCCOVENTRY

Would you stick around in a country where innocent people are brutally murdered by your own government?

This is about survival. Not politics.

They are human beings... noting more and nothing less. The same as you and me.

Clive Bleakin

Absolutely, sport and politics should not mix.

For example, Football clubs should never comment upon, or be involved in things like local councils deciding to sell/hire their civic assets as they choose.

Oh, hold on....

Nick

Administrator
Absolutely, sport and politics should not mix.

For example, Football clubs should never comment upon, or be involved in things like local councils deciding to sell/hire their civic assets as they choose.

Oh, hold on....

Pretty sure they don't comment when it isn't the football club's home do they?

SBT

So you're taking a NOPM stance against humanitarian aid? How's it going?

Monners

We are extremely lucky to live where we do. These people are having to flee their own country through no fault of their own. Maybe if Western foreign policy wasn't served purely by self interest, and didn't play into the hands of radical (state sponsored) groups then the issues wouldn't be as serious as this.

To say " we have issues in this country too" is quite frankly lazy and self serving.

These people need help now, and western ideals have to change too.

Evo1883

Assad killed over 100,000 people before the civil war started to remain in power..why do you all care so much now ?
Children have been dying over there for years and nobody has bat an eyelid , but now we are all caring .
Fact is this nation has 7.5 million foreign born nationals living in it ..nobody can say we havent done enough to help anybody.
We cannot continue to take foreign nationals from every war torn and deprived country ..it has to stop somewhere ..you help here you have to help everybody ?
We have ex soldiers homeless on the streets here ..we have children on the streets starving , we have people that can barely afford to live ...yet we will take these people in ..house and feed ?

Ashdown

We are extremely lucky to live where we do. These people are having to flee their own country through no fault of their own. Maybe if Western foreign policy wasn't served purely by self interest, and didn't play into the hands of radical (state sponsored) groups then the issues wouldn't be as serious as this.

To say " we have issues in this country too" is quite frankly lazy and self serving.

These people need help now, and western ideals have to change too.

They are not all faultless, they are involved in a civil war with killing on both sides. It's a complete mess that needs sorting out in Syria with International mediation and aid being funnelled to the genuine refugees.

KG7

Assad killed over 100,000 people before the civil war started to remain in power..why do you all care so much now ?

Children have been dying over there for years and nobody has bat an eyelid , but now we are all caring .

All the more reason for us to care that little bit extra now...

KG7

Fact is this nation has 7.5 million foreign born nationals living in it ..nobody can say we havent done enough to help anybody.
We cannot continue to take foreign nationals from every war torn and deprived country ..it has to stop somewhere ..you help here you have to help everybody ?

We haven't done enough.

Evo1883

you are only a refugee surely until you pass the first safe nation .. many many countries between us and syria being bypassed .
What about all the rich arab nations doing nothing

skybluetony176

what i don't understand is how can a country so proud of this https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kindertransport can now be so slow on the uptake of doing the right thing. It's not just MP's either, there is a large percentage of the UK population who think it's someone else's problem or have no understanding of what is actually going on. Problem's are there to be owned and this is a problem we as a nation and individually can help with. Why would any decent human being sit back and do nothing?

Users who are viewing this thread