Regrets - RS (1 Viewer)

steve82

I think slade gets a harsh rap on here. He was crap for us but he was on to a loser from the start really. We've had 4 managers this season and none have done it really apart from maybe robins and even then he had wembley as a nice little incentive.

If people are looking to slade as the problem to this season for why we are bottom of the league in my opinion they are looking in the wrong direction.

I happen to agree with you, sure he failed to turn the clubs fortunes around and lost out in the dying seconds of games as other sides picked up critical points towards survival.
The signing of Nathan Clarke has made us slightly better at the back tho he's had his bad games too but added what we desperately needed and does what Willis and Turnbull don't. Stuart Beavon too, he added workrate and pressure working tirelessly from the front. It was all to much to change for a potless league one club on a January window. Yakubu was just a desperation signing and goals were not coming.
He failed to work to what strengths the players had and stuck to his game plan which came to his undoing in the end.
Lots of stuff gets misquoted like his team selections like the rightful omission of Bigi and not picking Ben Stevenson when he was not even fit for selection, tho in the end things did become questionable as he fast ran out of ideas but he rightly shares the responsibility of this season with MV, the players and TM terrible recruitment last summer to assemble a side good enough to battle over 46 league games.
All collectively nailed the club to league two in my eyes.

steve82

the messiah lol

Yep, even I can be wrong and admit it. No shame in saying it.
Being as he seemingly wasn't allowed to bring in his own no2 says it was only ever a short term fix. so many things were wrong with the side at the time it's a big ask for any man on his own.
Still things look structured better with Robins and Taylor and now Widrington as head of recruitment.

Kingokings204

Being as he seemingly wasn't allowed to bring in his own no2 says it was only ever a short term fix. so many things were wrong with the side at the time it's a big ask for any man on his own.
Still things look structured better with Robins and Taylor and now Widrington as head of recruitment.

Agreed we look better set up now with robins et al but the basics and owners are still toxic. I will judge after the summers recruitment but if it's just a load more kids and 6 loan players come August 1st then forget next season.

steve82

Agreed we look better set up now with robins et al but the basics and owners are still toxic. I will judge after the summers recruitment but if it's just a load more kids and 6 loan players come August 1st then forget next season.

Yes owners are still a huge issue, I think we don't need investment as such just a manager with a workable budget and ability for him to sell the project to league two battlers and for MR to build a good team ethic and ship the vast majority of the weak links out of the current set up.
Smaller clubs have done it on much tighter budgets, no reason why we cannot. It's down to the manager now!!

covcity4life

stop making excuses for him. he was crap. even when we won a few games under him it was horrible to watch

steve82

Where's the excuse? I've stated he didn't work...
anyway it was not quite all horrible as you put it, a win was a win we'd of took it in any form after the start of the season we had.
Your forgetting we gave Bolton a good go a long time ago now in early January and played some good stuff. Even matched the form side of the division at the time in Fleetwood.
I'll say it again tho for you we was not good enough and lost key games against relegation rivals under him. Hence why we lost vital ground, a appointment that didn't work.
I get your hatred for him I really do, but he's just a percentage of the overall issue in why we find ourselves looking at league two.
Deep down I'm sure you know that.

Captain Dart

I don't see the logic here. All three were loans , that is the problem with our entire recruitment policy (we clearly don't pay enough to keep the decent permanent players) . It was a chance that paid off for one season (half a season!).Look what happened this season when the gamble completely backfired! This will happen when you rely on such a high % of loan players.

That is incorrect as the salaries the club pays are higher than Walsall or Scunthorpe as you can see in the published accounts of each club.
Have a look, the accounts are free to download from Companies House.

skyblue1991

So the fact we are now in the fourth division is simply down to CCFC nothing to do with Sisu? Having no stadium to play in after next season, no academy, training ground up for sale, all down to CCFC, nothing to do with Sisu? You are right that Sisu can take credit for the good start last season as their man appointed Mowbray just as they have to take responsibility for what has gone on since as the people that their man has appointed since have ultimately failed (some would say including Mowbray himself). The conditions that they create for their managers to work in might also have something to do with that failure. The ultimate responsibility for everything that has gone on this year and for the past 9 years good (very little of this) and bad is down to them.
No I never said that at all.

I just mentioned management recruitment.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Captain Dart

No doubt about it. we got relegated because of slade. anything else had minimal impact compared to his time in charge
I don't see how you can say that, the club has not been out of the bottom 4 at any time this season has it? It might be true he made things worse and there might be a slim chance yet if he had done a bit better.

Earlsdon-Loyal-Blue

Doesn't seem like anyone has picked up on Slade's recent comments, which smack of stupidity and naievity for someone for all his years experience.
If you were taking a new job, would you not sound out the opportunity and company you were joining?

These comments from Slade, sum up why the clown has had more clubs than Tiger Woods. Idiot.

Captain Dart

and its never been adrift until slades run. 1pt to 17pt.......1 to 17!

I am not saying he wasn't gash, just that no one else was adequate either.

covcity4life

I am not saying he wasn't gash, just that no one else was adequate either.

thats fine. but mowbray and venus were poor yet never adrift this season. robins form shows he would have kept us up if we were 1 pt off.

slades the only one that killed the season.

steve82

I don't see how you can say that, the club has not been out of the bottom 4 at any time this season has it? It might be true he made things worse and there might be a slim chance yet if he had done a bit better.

Exactly, if you was to rank the order of blame it would be TM, MV, RS.
TM still shoulders the most blame as he built the team over the summer. Yes he lost key players and released some too but he failed to replace them with suitable replacements who fit our budget. That shaped the season.
MV destroyed them of any confidence with his inability to manage, yes RS lost key games and failed to get in players who'd suit his style of play. And failed to adapt his style to suit what we had at the club. That's poor on his part.

covcity4life

MR has won games with teams where majority are TM signings. vs charlton we only has 2 RS signings? and should have won.

summer recruitment did not get us relegated. russel slade and his shit management did.

the fact you rank him as 3rd to blame shows how bias you sre towards him. shit manager. and i suggest you watch more football steve and learn about tactics. you already giving out lectures on whats required in league 2, yet your suggestions for league 1 got us relegated!

Irish Sky Blue

No I never said that at all.

I just mentioned management recruitment.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk
Same thing really. It all comes back to Sisu in the end as it is their appointees ( Fisher and Venus) who make the appointments. Maybe it is Fisher who needs to go rather than blame the 6 managers who have come and gone while he remains. Fisher is Sisu's man.

steve82

thats fine. but mowbray and venus were poor yet never adrift this season. robins form shows he would have kept us up if we were 1 pt off.

slades the only one that killed the season.

That statement needs adding to.
Slade killed the season, However TM set the standard and MV polished it off.
There was no sign of goals coming under TM, without them goals wins would of still been missing. TM didn't hang around long enough to be adrift.
We was however 4 pts adrift when he legged it back north so there is nothing to suggest TM would of sorted it in the next window. Things still would of got worse as what he assembled didn't have the quality to go 46 games especially over the winter months.

covcity4life

4pts is nothing. 17 is huge.

and if i cant say he would have righted the ship(nothiong to do with this thread btw, just you desperate to bring TM up every 2 seconds) then you cannot say he wouldnt have sorted it out either.

steve82

MR has won games with teams where majority are TM signings. vs charlton we only has 2 RS signings? and should have won.

summer recruitment did not get us relegated. russel slade and his shit management did.

the fact you rank him as 3rd to blame shows how bias you sre towards him. shit manager. and i suggest you watch more football steve and learn about tactics. you already giving out lectures on whats required in league 2, yet your suggestions for league 1 got us relegated!

Ha ha ha... i suggest you watch more and understand the level we are at....and I'm lecturing no one.
Your too biased of TM reign to see his faults. Look at the signings he made... Reid, Sordell, Ghadzev, and f@*king paid a fee for Turnbull after releasing Arron Martin.
Explain that! Love to hear how paying for Turnbull in a already tight budget helps the team when you send Arron Martin away for nothing. A like for like replacement.
Ironic how Robins has utilised nearly all slades signings tho in his games at various points, that don't help your biased argument tho does it.

covcity4life

sordell......our top scorer...still? LOL

robins has utilised lots of tm signings too. gadzhev only one who looks a complete dud. martin was never that good. turnball has potential at very least to be better.

but once again you have tried to make this about TM. noone said summer recruitment was good. it just wasnt enough to get us relegated as tm and mv both didnt see us adrift and robins showing he can win in league and cup finals with same squad

just slade with record of 1pt from safety to SEVENTEEN

peace out.

steve82

sordell......our top scorer...still? LOL

robins has utilised lots of tm signings too. gadzhev only one who looks a complete dud. martin was never that good. turnball has potential at very least to be better.

but once again you have tried to make this about TM. noone said summer recruitment was good. it just wasnt enough to get us relegated as tm and mv both didnt see us adrift and robins showing he can win in league and cup finals with same squad

just slade with record of 1pt from safety to SEVENTEEN

peace out.

Oh yeah that hot shot striker with 4 league goals, might of just broke into 8 league goals with that strike rate.
A man with no confidence and scared to shoot, fitted in well I suppose! Put him with Kyle Reid another player with little confidence... oh and another timid TM signing Jordan Turnbull who Craig mackail-smith had the beating of for pace... he will be no better than the average Arron Martin.
The list goes on of why so many things went wrong this season including the appointment of RS but is sure started in July, maybe sooner....
You need to accept his part of the blame.

covcity4life

Oh yeah that hot shot striker with 4 league goals, might of just broke into 8 league goals with that strike rate.
A man with no confidence and scared to shoot, fitted in well I suppose! Put him with Kyle Reid another player with little confidence... oh and another timid TM signing Jordan Turnbull who Craig mackail-smith had the beating of for pace... he will be no better than the average Arron Martin.
The list goes on of why so many things went wrong this season including the appointment of RS but is sure started in July, maybe sooner....
You need to accept his part of the blame.

sordell is our top scorer. and slade sold him lol. at least vernon and folivi came in and did well.......oh and dont forget the yak lol

you love beavon yet talk about strike rate....hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

as i said originally. lots of factors but all minimal impact compared to slades distasterous run in charge where he was tactically inept.

steve82

sordell is our top scorer. and slade sold him lol. at least vernon and folivi came in and did well.......oh and dont forget the yak lol

as i said originally. lots of factors but all minimal impact compared to slades distasterous run in charge where he was tactically inept.

Hold on.., was he sold or poached? We don't know that. Unless you the fountain of knowledge and MR right knows this to be fact?
I'd not say I love Beavon, he's added something to the side but we are still lacking goals from him too.
I've agreed his spell was a disaster you clown, ha ha. Jesus.
I'll say it again we lost vital games under him... but the issues started very early on. Let's hope MR does not make them same mistakes in June/july/august

better days

I think slade gets a harsh rap on here. He was crap for us but he was on to a loser from the start really. We've had 4 managers this season and none have done it really apart from maybe robins and even then he had wembley as a nice little incentive.

If people are looking to slade as the problem to this season for why we are bottom of the league in my opinion they are looking in the wrong direction.

He said shortly before he was sacked that he hadn't been given the tools for the job
I wonder if his severance terms prohibited him for elaborating on this once he'd gone. He just talked about how he should 'have done his homework'
To be honest I thought he'd do a good job but things unfortunately went from bad to worse apart from managing to get through the QF and SF of the Checkatrade

covcity4life

He said shortly before he was sacked that he hadn't been given the tools for the job
I wonder if his severance terms prohibited him for elaborating on this once he'd gone. He just talked about how he should 'have done his homework'
To be honest I thought he'd do a good job but things unfortunately went from bad to worse apart from managing to get through the QF and SF of the Checkatrade

sisu are perfect mate. well depending on if you wanna bash the manager or not..
I would no but I'm not Nigel Clough, your aware he's only scored 3 for Burton right, in 19 games.... some hotshot!

so thats 10 overall for the season. far superior to anyone slade brought in afterwards.

recruitment sure was a problem this season......

chiefdave

Doesn't seem like anyone has picked up on Slade's recent comments, which smack of stupidity and naievity for someone for all his years experience.
If you were taking a new job, would you not sound out the opportunity and company you were joining?
Its all well and good him trying to shift the blame but how does he explain the change in form after he left with exactly the same players. There was even comments from players about being in the right position and knowing what they were supposed to be doing. Pretty clear indication that those things weren't the case under Slade.

steve82

Its all well and good him trying to shift the blame but how does he explain the change in form after he left with exactly the same players. There was even comments from players about being in the right position and knowing what they were supposed to be doing. Pretty clear indication that those things weren't the case under Slade.

I think it's quite clear that MR has things quite tightly drilled on what he's asking of each individual. And occasionally they've stepped up and executed it.
It looks brighter for sure

skybluebeduff

No doubt about it. we got relegated because of slade. anything else had minimal impact compared to his time in charge
Apart from our first 10 games and the summer fuck up by your hero? He is just as much to blame why we're down, even his mate Venus beat his record this season!

Grendel

George Thomas is top scorer.

Users who are viewing this thread