Relegated before the final (1 Viewer)

Skyblueweeman

ill take you up on it. i have no problem with you

if you think that slades good signings are down to him but bad signings are not down to him,his losses are down to protests,he cant be expected to avoid relegation, winning cup is all down to him etc

then i lose a lil respect for your football knowledge but still have respect for you as a man.

I think you need to take a look at my original post when I said 'Slade has by and large been shit'. I've not said anything about his signings and whether they've been good or bad or that he's in anyway better than TM, or he is more or less responsible for relegation/getting to Wembley than TM is.

In all honesty, nothing bar TMs first 4 months of the 15/16 season has shown either to be anything but a poor manager. I think we lucked out with Armstrong but was that down to TM or MV?

Anyway, once I get my tickets for Wembley (hopefully), we can PM each other, have a beer and a cuddle (before I clip Otis round the ear).

covcity4life

ok so you do agree with me lol. thats all i ever said

otis and astute only 2 people who making excuses for slade it seems

covcity4life

his best and worst joke was when he blamed tm for relegation but then said slade cant be expected to win a game

hehehe

steve82

We've 6 huge games with sides in the bottom half, now we've a possible striker crisis.... a huge ask when we've struggled for goals this season.
Let's hope Yakubu is close to fitness and the deal is close.

Otis

We've 6 huge games with sides in the bottom half, now we've a possible striker crisis.... a huge ask when we've struggled for goals this season.
So looking like no Beavon tomorrow. Not having much luck.

At least Folivi is back fit, though we have no idea how he is going to adjust and show himself in League One football.

Thomas will be back in the fold and hopefully Yakubu will sign too, so the crisis may well just be temporary. Trouble is, we need a win tomorrow and again on Tuesday.

Tudgay looked knackered on Tuesday, but we might have to play him.

covcity4life

whos fault is is striker crisis steve?

folivi,vernon both slade signings.

he sent back agyei and clearly thinks tudgay better

yakubu is a trailist he took on, if he not ready thats on slade

agree?

sky blue john

FFS !!!
How long was the january transfer window open to get strikers in ?
How many league matches have we lost since the january transfer window opened!
Obviously that bitch and side kick are happy for us to be relegated without a fight !

covcity4life

FFS !!!
How long was the january transfer window open to get strikers in ?
How many league matches have we lost since the january transfer window opened!
Obviously that bitch and side kick are happy for us to be relegated without a fight !

i assume you mean astute and otis?

yes we had 30 days. and hes still yet to win. people talked about mowbray having no plan b well slade only has plan a too. hoof to strikers.seems he dont care if we have big men or not.

Monners

All three of our manager's have been pretty rubbish this season. But the strategy (if there is one) on how the club overall, and the squad is run is hopeless.

steve82

whos fault is is striker crisis steve?

folivi,vernon both slade signings.

he sent back agyei and clearly thinks tudgay better

yakubu is a trailist he took on, if he not ready thats on slade

agree?

I'm gonna be honest your becoming boring.... nearly everyone has told you now. I've bit my tongue/thumb not to reply to you in all honesty as this is a football forum for our common love. I'm fed up of reading your blind defence of TM, and you saying how you've corrected people and put them right! Grow up man, yes RS signed vernam, unfortunately he popped his shoulder in training. You no everything so I'm sure your aware of that....
Folivi he had to take with a knock as a 12th hour signing due to all other options going to other clubs for various reasons.
Beavon signed too, unfortunately he's got a knock now too.
Agyei was a 5 month loan deal so was not sent back tho no deal was taken to extend.
Yakubu we don't no why that's not done, given our shortage of strikers I'm sure Slade would of had him signed if it was that simple.
You seem to forget the overriding fact that TM only signed 2 strikers in a whole summer on a permanent deal and extended Tudgay contract as he too clearly felt he offered something.

covcity4life

only blind love is yours for RS. you set up threads claling him the messiah ffs. do you see me making threads for mowbray> do you see me saying summer recruitment was great? well????

i full acept mowbray had his failings.

what i cant accept is the amount of excuses you make for slade and when called out on it you say i hve blind love for TM! how pathetic is that on your part?

mowbray signed sordell on a permanent, he was our top scorer. slade decided to get rid. beavens a good player but sordell scored more. vernon and folivi are no different to agyei and wright so far...ohe xcept of corse wright and agyei scored goals. i have seen kwame thomas injury held against mowbray on here, shall we do that for slade and his strikers? hmmm thought not

mowbray kept tudgay for experience. he didnt play him most games. slade has made him a ever present. yet you blame tm for tudgay playing every game. amazing

please stop your blind love for the messiah russel slade because it is BORING

Astute

Oh this is just brilliant. First im a mowbray lover because i defend the notion that he shudnt be held responsible for relegation.

Thrn otis bring sup mowbray fsiling day after wembley abd yet im the troll

And now when i question ppl saying slades 0% win record in league is down to squad and his signings need more time abd the good signings are his and thr bad signingd are not his or deperstion or unlucky and relegation is ok if we win cup and if win cup hes fone amazing and how can i forget slade hasnt eon in league yet becahse of protests!!

And because i question this i now hate slade and dint want cov to win.

Brilliant lads. Brilliant.
Maybe you didn't get a reply because we could only understand the last line.

Otis

Maybe you didn't get a reply because we could only understand the last line.
Also, not replying can simply mean people are fed up and bored of the same argument over and over again and the reiterating of the exact same point.

Anyway, we need to win tomorrow. We HAVE to win tomorrow.

It's the only way we have any chance IMHO.

Astute

i assume you mean astute and otis?

yes we had 30 days. and hes still yet to win. people talked about mowbray having no plan b well slade only has plan a too. hoof to strikers.seems he dont care if we have big men or not.
So I am wrong to say that the season isn't over yet?

Am I wrong to say that however bad things look a fee wins would change where we are?

Am I wrong to say that he was left a hopeless front line?

And where have I praised Slade?

It is much easier to bring players in before the start of the season than half way through it. Nobody wants to let a good striker go half way through a season. But they are out of contract during closed season. He got rid of Sordell who wasn't a hit. Another team was so desperate that they signed him. He replaced him with Beavon. A good swap. If he manages to sign someone who can score goals we could easily climb up the table. Just like Shrewsbury are doing. If he doesn't we are down.

steve82

only blind love is yours for RS. you set up threads claling him the messiah ffs. do you see me making threads for mowbray> do you see me saying summer recruitment was great? well????

what i cant accept is the amount of excuses you make for slade and when called out on it you say i hve blind love for TM! how pathetic is that on your part?

mowbray signed sordell on a permanent, he was our top scorer. slade decided to get rid. beavens a good player but sordell scored more. vernon and folivi are no different to agyei and wright so far...ohe xcept of corse wright and agyei scored goals. i have seen kwame thomas injury held against mowbray on here, shall we do that for slade and his strikers? hmmm thought not

mowbray kept tudgay for experience. he didnt play him most games. slade has made him a ever present. yet you blame tm for tudgay playing every game. amazing

Ha ha ha..... your a joke. It seems every 5th statement form you lately is your defence of TM and seemed hate for RS. So that is why I say your blind love of TM. But you so happen to be so right all the time it must be hard to see.
I've stated that RS has not done what I had hoped... and ultimately we all hoped after I indeed labelled him the messiah. I thought he could well be, I'll say again for you... I have been wrong and happy to admit it.
The only excuse I have offered is can you blame him for all the failings before him. TM and MV, MV destroyed the young squads confidence, the young squad TM assembled with MV.
You cannot correct a whole summer of poor recruitment in 31 days and make a player that's not got the belly for the fight!

For the record are you now labelling Andre Wright a success for his 2 goals?
TM did have bad luck with K Thomas even I admit that but he was labelled a player for the future.
Indeed TM signed sordell but his 4 league have hardly been a loss, compared to what Beavon has offered. Let's see where that finishes come the end of the league campaign.

Grendel

Mowbray player tudgay in 9 of the 11 games this season - I think he used Sordell as an out and out forward on 2 occasions.

Otis

Am I wrong to say that however bad things look a fee wins would change where we are?

It is much easier to bring players in before the start of the season than half way through it. Nobody wants to let a good striker go half way through a season. But they are out of contract during closed season. He got rid of Sordell who wasn't a hit. Another team was so desperate that they signed him. He replaced him with Beavon. A good swap. If he manages to sign someone who can score goals we could easily climb up the table. Just like Shrewsbury are doing. If he doesn't we are down.
I haven't praised Slade either, but CC4L won't let the facts get in the way of a good rant. :)

If you mention that Slade has strengthened the defence, CC4L says that you say the defence is brilliant and amazing! Ha, ha!!

If you mention Mowbray built a poor squad and will hold a large proportion of blame if we are relegated, CC4L says you ONLY blame Mowbray and no-one else.

It's hilarious. I have to pull up a deck chair and get the popcorn out and the whole family gather round the screen to hear his jolly japes. :)

In the match thread last week I merely said I thought we would win and he said I only said that because it was Slade in charge, despite my saying lots of times during the season that we could win games, whether it was Mowbray, Venus, Slade, or Uncle Tom Cobbly and all. ;)

I find it funny, but I think a lot of posters are now finding it boring.

Let's all just rally round the manager we have now and back the team to turn this around.

PUSB.

:)

Otis

Mowbray player tudgay in 9 of the 11 games this season - I think he used Sordell as an out and out forward on 2 occasions.
Playing Sordell on the wing was a bad move.

Who know how many he might have got for us had he been played in his rightful position up front.

Hobo

mowbray signed sordell on a permanent, he was our top scorer. slade decided to get rid. beavens a good player

This is an interesting concept but is it correct? Did Slade target Beavon and off loaded Sordell to get him? Or did Burton target Sordell and they offered us Beavon in exchange? I don't know the answer, but it could make a big difference in judging Slade's success in the transfer market; as there is a big difference between the two scenarios.

Otis

This is an interesting concept but is it correct? Did Slade target Beavon and off loaded Sordell to get him? Or did Burton target Sordell and they offered us Beavon in exchange? I don't know the answer, but it could make a big difference in judging Slade's success in the transfer market; as there is a big difference between the two scenarios.
Yeah, fair point. We really don't know if Slade wanted Sordell to stay or that Burton pursued him and we had little choice.

Wrong just to assume that Slade got shot of Sordell.

covcity4life

sordell was our top scorer? what a flop!

so none of you can dispute what i wrote i see? so next time dont write bullshit like slade unlcuky with his signings or protests reason slade hasnt won etc. dont say defence is strenghtened when no stats back that up other than your erection for big tall lads.

basically you all agree with me but you just want to argue. how immature

i want slade to suceed. you are the poster who makes thread after thread blaming managers. cant wait for your one if slade fails.

and this is what annoys me. you sit here saying oh dont be nasty to me, dont be boring,why do you hate slade etc

i want slade to win games. i want clarke and foley etc to make us rock solid at the back. i want folivi to be a armstrong like cataylst. but what i wont do is make excuses for the man when hes not doing well.

fair enough if you just rip into all managers all the time. or if you optimist and back every manager no matter what. but the hypicrosy of some posters to lay into 1 manager and then praise the other when he does WORSE. thats fucking comical

steve82

So how well did our top scoring forward do?

Also, not replying can simply mean people are fed up and bored of the same argument over and over again and the reiterating of the exact same point.

Anyway, we need to win tomorrow. We HAVE to win tomorrow.

It's the only way we have any chance IMHO.

Some well reasoned posts.

I'll put on record that I admire RS in his continued pursuit of players out side of the window to try and find the answer. RS has had more in than TM did in his entire time I bet.

covcity4life

steve ignores my post because he knows he is wrong. shcok horror

slades such a grea tmanager because he didnt get job done in janaury so now he keeps trying

and once again he brings up TM. and no doubt he will say cc4l stop beign obsessed with tm

tm wont more games than slade could ever hope too. how do you like that line?

cant make this up. are you russel slade??????

Users who are viewing this thread