Relegated before the final (1 Viewer)

steve82

steve ignores my post because he knows he is wrong. shcok horror

slades such a grea tmanager because he didnt get job done in janaury so now he keeps trying

and once again he brings up TM. and no doubt he will say cc4l stop beign obsessed with tm

tm wont more games than slade could ever hope too. how do you like that line?

cant make this up. are you russel slade??????

Steve ignores what post? Ask the question and I'll give you a straight answer.
Your serve!

Astute

sordell was our top scorer? what a flop!

so none of you can dispute what i wrote i see?

mowbray signed sordell on a permanent, he was our top scorer. slade decided to get rid. beavens a good player but sordell scored more.
And yet you also agree that we don't know which way the deal was agreed. Yet you know that you are right. Yeah OK.

And now you say that Beavon is a great signing. Are you trying your best to be inconsistent?

Last edited:

Otis

Some well reasoned posts.

I'll put on record that I admire RS in his continued pursuit of players out side of the window to try and find the answer. RS has had more in than TM did in his entire time I bet.
Really don't know how it all went wrong in the summer. Not a good start at all to the season.

Let's just cross our fingers and hope Slade has recruited well this January.

Jury still out on a few. Beavon has been a shining light so far, but then the likes of Foley hasn't impressed me much at all so far.

Reilly I think is a good signing. I liked him even when some were slating him.

Rawson, too early to say, but I like Clarke. The no nonsense CB we have been crying out for in my opinion.

Haven't seen Vernam or Folivi yet.

Still early days, but Slade needs to turn this round sharpish.

covcity4life

you said beaven is a great signing(whcih he is) then you said signings that dont do great probably wer enot slades signings or just out of desperation(like mowbrays plan b signings?...hmmmm) as if that is a get out of jail card for slade

also why did you bring up tm? are you obsessed with him? slade cant get more pts than tm but he can keep looking for players outside of a window...respectttttttttt

lol

Astute

fair enough if you just rip into all managers all the time. or if you optimist and back every manager no matter what. but the hypicrosy of some posters to lay into 1 manager and then praise the other when he does WORSE. thats fucking comical
You mean like you backing Mowbray but blaming Slade and trying to make out that everyone else are making excuses for Slade?

covcity4life

And yet you also agree that we don't know which way the deal was agreed. Yet you know that you are right. Yeah OK.

exactly my point. i liked your comment because when imw rong or someone says something makes sense im happy to give props. i am not here to be right about everyuthing. if soemone proves me wrong i accept that. but no one can on this particualr one imo

otis goes into a shell and pms and says stuff like "oooh i really didnt mean it that way. oh even though i typed this what i mean was this etc" then he says hes bored and stops replying and isntead likes comments from other posters or makes silly jokes.

astute you seem like you knoe your footy. all i ask is how can you have an issue with me pulling up steve82 on his continued BS when it comes to slade. good signings are down to him. bad signings aint. wtf

covcity4life

You mean like you backing Mowbray but blaming Slade and trying to make out that everyone else are making excuses for Slade?

and thats where your argument falls apart.i am not blaming slade much. i want to ge tbehind him. i just cant accept hypicosy because its a fact hes doing worse job than mowbray so how can any1 who hated tm praise rs right now?

also back it up with facts because i dont expect every1 to love every manager. if you like slades tactics cool. if you like his interviews cool. but dont say good signigns ar ehis bad signings aint. or that we are already down and slade cant be blamed for relegation when he in charge for half a seaosn etc

Grendel

steve ignores my post because he knows he is wrong. shcok horror

slades such a grea tmanager because he didnt get job done in janaury so now he keeps trying

and once again he brings up TM. and no doubt he will say cc4l stop beign obsessed with tm

tm wont more games than slade could ever hope too. how do you like that line?

cant make this up. are you russel slade??????

Post November 2015 mowbrays results over a prolonged period of games was as bad as it gets.

His signings were poor and in the end like Adams and his top 8 finish it was achieved only by a late surge.

At one point we had nosedived to below half way.

This season we were hopelessly unprepared. He has to take 100% responsibility for recruiting an inadequate squad that by the time Slade arrived was demoralised and demotivated. Signing players in January was always going to be problematic. Mowbray needed to ensure the squad was fully assembled by the end of August. It was anything but that. This time as well his loans were poor. If we hadn't Armstrong and Murphy last seasoned have been buried without trace - they glossed over some real shortcomings.

Mowbray showed an uncapability to adjust and like many managers a refusal to acknowledge things were going badly wrong.

He was a let down and has left a train wreck that no one was going to fix.

covcity4life

post niovember lol. yeh lets ignore good months ebcause they hurt my argument !

you are obsessed with tm

venus won 4/5 but slade cant be expected to win any. brilliant richard. brillaint

Otis

exactly my point. i liked your comment because when imw rong or someone says something makes sense im happy to give props. i am not here to be right about everyuthing. if soemone proves me wrong i accept that. but no one can on this particualr one imo

otis goes into a shell and pms and says stuff like "oooh i really didnt mean it that way. oh even though i typed this what i mean was this etc" then he says hes bored and stops replying and isntead likes comments from other posters or makes silly jokes.

astute you seem like you knoe your footy. all i ask is how can you have an issue with me pulling up steve82 on his continued BS when it comes to slade. good signings are down to him. bad signings aint. wtf
Errm, you PM'd me first. I then replied.

Just saying like, for accuracy.

,:)

Grendel

whats that got to do with anything regarding slade?????????????????????????? you are obsessed with tm

which explains people backing up slade actually

all down to bias. we finnaly got to the bottom of you guys weird comments.

You've said look at statistics. The statistics show teams with such poor points ratios get relegated.

Slade took it on so yes that's down to him but if you get given a skoda for the Monaco Grand Prix you can fine tune the engine but you will still be last.

covcity4life

oh the old goodbye. no wait im still gonna reply.:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::kiss::kiss::kiss::joyful::joyful::joyful::hurting::shy::greedy::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

are you going or not? please let me know

Otis

You've said look at statistics. The statistics show teams with such poor points ratios get relegated.

Slade took it on so yes that's down to him but if you get given a skoda for the Monaco Grand Prix you can fine tune the engine but you will still be last.
Very fair point.

Pointless keep going over the same stuff over and over again, but TM had a blank canvas to work with in the summer. No points on the board, no games played. Fresh start.

Slade came in with us entrenched in the bottom four, so obviously at a disadvantage straight away. He came in as a troubleshooter and to try and fix a side down in the dumps and adrift.

That's not pro-Slade, or anti-Mowbay, that's just the way it is and is an undeniable fact.

covcity4life

slade has made signings and in league we have got worse so far

i hope they workout i really do no matter what you beleive. what sorta cov fan wants relegation?(other than you saying it would be a good thing......) . hopefully it stars vs oldham sat

but its ridiculous to say this current squad or the one pre january shud be relegated as a foregone cocnlusion. we were 5 pts off playoffs with venus at one point. not mowbray but venus!

Otis

slade has made signings and in league we have got worse so far

i hope they workout i really do no matter what you beleive. what sorta cov fan wants relegation?(other than you saying it would be a good thing......) . hopefully it stars vs oldham sat

but its ridiculous to say this current squad or the one pre january shud be relegated as a foregone cocnlusion. we were 5 pts off playoffs with venus at one point. not mowbray but venus!

Who said relegation is a good thing?

I can't remember anyone saying that. Which poster said that?

steve82

you said beaven is a great signing(whcih he is) then you said signings that dont do great probably wer enot slades signings or just out of desperation(like mowbrays plan b signings?...hmmmm) as if that is a get out of jail card for slade

also why did you bring up tm? are you obsessed with him? slade cant get more pts than tm but he can keep looking for players outside of a window...respectttttttttt

lol

Thank you for your question.
We both agree Beavon has added something to the team, he's not a great track record for being a 15+ goal scorer however his work rate has created a bit more for others and his 2 goals have proved vital so far.
Let's break this down.. sordell. TM's number one signing, and retained Tudgay. Put faith in G Thomas and billed K Thomas as a player for the future and develop in the U23's. Signed Agyei, took Wright at 12th hour. Mcbean was also signed on loan for the future? Work that one out. That was his entire summer recruitment in the forward areas.
RS in 31 days got Beavon in, in a Slade or clough promoted deal. I don't no, so cannot speculate on that. Either way the deal looks good for us.
RS also has put faith in Tudgay like TM, and George Thomas and got vernam in on loan. Folivi was his 12th hour signing.
He's still searching to find the answer, players in on trial.
The bloke who kicked off the season lost the fight and stopped looking at hit the road the one you bring up every 5th post

Otis

here you go otis.

please stop this "ooh i didnt say that" or "oooh you are sensationalising" victim bs

Total misquote. Complete and total misquote.

I said if we are going down it might help for the Wembley game if we are already down.

You know that's what I said and meant. It was clear as day

A complete and total misinformed quote.

Paste the posts prior to that please.

What a joke. Ha ha!!

I have never said it would be a good thing to go down. Never, ever.

Please tell me the thread and I will post up the previous replies.

What a ridiculous misquote. Ha!!! Bloody, ha!!!

covcity4life

your first half of post is entirely about mowbray AGAIN. everyone on this forum agrees summer recruitment was not good enough. why have you even wasted time typing that? to make slade look good?

and you end the post with another dig at tm.

do you now see how bias you are? you obsessed pal

btw to sum your post up

beaven good. nothing else worth noting this window

Otis

your first half of post is entirely about mowbray AGAIN. everyone on this forum agrees summer recruitment was not good enough. why have you even wasted time typing that? to make slade look good?

btw to sum your post up

Please post up the thread where you state I said it would be a good thing to go down.

If you don't, I will ask Nick to do it.

It will show what a complete misrepresentation you have made.

Please don't make yourself look a fool. There's no need for it.

So, thread please. Thanking you kindly.

Otis

Please post up the thread where you state I said it would be a good thing to go down.

If you don't, I will ask Nick to do it.

It will show what a complete misrepresentation you have made.

Please don't make yourself look a fool. There's no need for it.

So, thread please. Thanking you kindly.
Or is it this thread? If so. I will post it myself. :)

baldy

My bro's mates with Dave Deakin who's one of the CWR sports journos & he interviewed Callum Reilly today who said that he's tryin to get the determination & will to survive mentality that Blues had when they ended up surviving on the last day v Bolton because,according to Reilly,it just isn't there at Cov

Otis

Might be a good thing, well from the final perspective anyway.

If we are going down, we are going down.

Oxford are 6 points outside the play-offs and Luton are in the play-offs in League Two.

If we are doomed and all but mathematically down by then, we can concentrate on this one game, play with a bit of freedom. The other two sides will more than likely still be looking at promotion and have one eye on that.

If we don't win in the next 6 games, then history says we could be mathematically out of it the day before the final.

You need 50 points to stay in this league. That's 1.7 pts per game, the sort of season form that comfortably makes the play offs. Current form over 10 games is 0.2 ppg!

We need 9/10 wins to stay up. If we can't pick up 4 wins in our next 6 games against the teams around us, League 2 is all but inevitable - it's just a matter of when.

Que sera sera.
Here we go.

Hadji is saying we could be relegated before the final.

I therefore replied that, that could be a good thing. A good thing for our final chances if we are ALREADY relegated.

Absolutely nowhere there does it say that I believe relegation would be a good thing.

Absolutely nowhere.

Misquote central from you for a while now.

;)

Grendel

btw to sum your post up

It's impossible to sign good players in January in the lower reaches of league one.

Look at the dross Mowbray unearthed last January when we were still in with a promotion chance.

covcity4life

i fuking quoted you saying it be a good thing ffs. how much more do you need

your embarassed right now otis. handle it like a man please

Users who are viewing this thread