Relegation Friday or rise again Monday? (1 Viewer)

Hadji's_Goatee

An Easter themed breakdown of the inevitable...

So will City's 150/1 hopes of League One survival die on Friday or will we live to fight another day?

I wonder what the odds will be If we win our next 2 games and still have our league one status come 5 o'clock Monday?

We will probably be down at some point over the Easter weekend, but if a miracle happens I will be very optimistic that the greatest of great escapes can happen and we can conquer death from League One with 2 games to go.

Hugh Jarse

We have performed minor miracles before in our attempts to avoid the drop from the league we were in but even I think this is a bridge too far this time round. God, I'd love to be proved wrong. My heart says we will be in Division 1 next year but my head is telling it not to be so bloody silly.

I fear Wembley was the peak of our achievement this year. But what a great day out that was!

CovBurty

doesn't matter as liquid gold says accept it were down. other teams only need points from 1 game, we need all 4 wins.
Sisu relegation 2, next step for the treble, operation non-league with no ground. Hold on tight

hill83

We are down. I don't think the players can handle the pressure, and the pressure has been off for the last few games bar Wembley.

W

westcountry_skyblue

I did notice in Mark Robins interview,Not once did he mention the "R" word great psychology by the man,Keeping a positive feel on things!!

Whats quite strange is the 7 clubs which can mathematically go down are all at home, then all away and so on. Port Vales game in hand is away. Put what you like on,the teams we are trying to catch are not going to lose every game. Once Bury, Shrewsbury,Gillingham get a point even if we win all our games we are down. Might go to Monday, but just delaying the inevitable.

CovBurty

Whats quite strange is the 7 clubs which can mathematically go down are all at home, then all away and so on. Port Vales game in hand is away. Put what you like on,the teams we are trying to catch are not going to lose every game. Once Bury, Shrewsbury,Gillingham get a point even if we win all our games we are down. Might go to Monday, but just delaying the inevitable.
correct

scottccfc

Let's hold on to something in a shit season. I like it. do you feel it matters whether we are bottom of fourth bottom. for me it's 4 shit teams.
i'm just glad we are showing some fight, maybe not for this season but get that momentum going for next season

Ash

i'm just glad we are showing some fight, maybe not for this season but get that momentum going for next season

I agree, I'm almost seeing the time from Robins' appointment as a new season. The events that preceded him getting the job were so farcical that I want to just exclude them from being in the same season as Robins giving these players a bit of fight!

NortonSkyBlue

All we can do is win our games, the rest is with the gods.
I expect to be in div 4 and I expect us to hit the ground running and to be the stand out team like Doncaster this season. If by a miracle we stay up then I also expect us to challenge at the top end.
I don't hold with this theory about the pressure being off, I actually believe we are playing to potential and the players know what is expected of them and are able to carry out these instructions unlike previously under bosses.

bringbackrattles

Can see us winning all but the Scunny game on the final match of the season. Hard to be positive but sod it if Robins stays and he strengthens in the summer,why can't we do a Doncaster and come straight back up ?

Edgey95

All Wimbledon, Bristol R, southend & Walsall, Friday, right? hahaha

higgs

We don't look like a team who will be relegated our form in the last few games is automatic promotion form what a shame to be going down this squad really under achieved this season

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

scottccfc

I agree, I'm almost seeing the time from Robins' appointment as a new season. The events that preceded him getting the job were so farcical that I want to just exclude them from being in the same season as Robins giving these players a bit of fight!
To the point if you offered me a season ticket now I'd snap your hands off

Users who are viewing this thread