relegation (1 Viewer)

skybluepm2

At 3:15pm not a chance, now leaning towards yes. Would bring absolutely catastrophic consequences to the club. We would probably have Oggy in charge with Waggott as number 2...

Otis

Maybe it's too raw after today and I need to think on it a bit more, but have been totally in the no camp and have said we are safe.

I honestly think we will lose next week though, so it's all about other teams and whether they bail us out.

Looking at the table it still looks okay and eminently doable, but the collapse today was monumental and as it stands, without the firepower and a defence that consistently gives silly goals away and with Crawley needing to win, I think we will be defeated.

xcraigx

Currently 6/1 on bet365. That sounds fair enough to me. Plenty of things have to go against us to see us go down and although it's much more likely after today it's still unlikely. I'm glad the Crawley game is away!

bradwellskyblues

you are correct it is very raw after today but if we go an early goal down at crawley i fear the worst as we just cant score,since samuals injury i think we have scored 2 goals

SkyBlue_Bear83

Obviously it's a possibility but lets not lose perspective, we're still in the best position of all the relegation candidates going into the last match. It's a bad position but this writing us off is an overreaction.

There will be Colchester, Leyton Orient, Crawley, Notts County and Crewe fans saying exactly the same that they are still going down, not everyone can go down

Skybluepiglet

There will be Colchester, Leyton Orient, Crawley, Notts County and Crewe fans saying exactly the same that they are still going down, not everyone can go down

Notts County & Crewe will be playing teams that have nothing to play for ..this is the really concerning part of it.

Leyton playing Swindon looks ok for us in my opinion.

Can't believe we need worry about Colchester as they play Preston last day....& we actually beat them at the Ricoh.....yeah..we did...we actually beat them at home!!!

I think we will stay up....JUST!!

Last edited:

BackRoomRummermill

I have been saying yes for some time and it has only been results elsewhere going right for us for a couple of weeks that have really helped us when we have not got a result.

Today was a massive wake up call for some on here, like I have said before at this end of the season you get freak results and IF they happen which they have done today in regards to Crewe , Notts County and Port Vale then I can only continue what I figured out 3 weeks ago that we will go down. The only way is we beat Crawley and I have no faith in that will happen.

Sorry folks but that's the way I feel. I HOPE I AM WRONG !

P.S We can only rely on other results going our way as a last resort and not the first resort, I expect all the other teams to battle as they have shown today.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

All of the teams below us right now would swap places with us, so we are not in a hopeless position at all. Our away form is good . but if we lose and get relegated it would have to be purely of our own making . We are good enough for a point on away form but irrespective I just don't think all the other teams below us will get what they need. I hope that's what happens anyway.

SkyBlue_Bear83

I have been saying yes for some time and it has only been results elsewhere going right for us for a couple of weeks that have really helped us when we have not got a result.

Today was a massive wake up call for some on here, like I have said before at this end of the season you get freak results and IF they happen which they have done today in regards to Crewe , Notts County and Port Vale then I can only continue what I figured out 3 weeks ago that we will go down. The only way is we beat Crawley and I have no faith in that will happen.

Sorry folks but that's the way I feel. I HOPE I AM WRONG !

P.S We can only rely on other results going our way as a last resort and not the first resort, I expect all the other teams to battle as they have shown today.
You're wrong, if we go down you can blame me.

Otis

Notts County & Crewe will be playing teams that have nothing to play for ..this is the really concerning part of it.

Leyton playing Swindon looks ok for us in my opinion.

Can't believe we need worry about Colchester as they play Preston last day....& we actually beat them at the Ricoh.....yeah..we did...we actually beat them at home!!!

I think we will stay up....JUST!!

Nail on head. Some of the other teams play teams with nowt to play for. Crawley need to win.

And I think they will.

oscillatewildly

We'll have absolutely no say in it. Our fate will lie with other clubs and their results. What a tragic and unedifying state of affairs for any club.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Teams don't just stop playing when they get safe, Gillingham and Bradford will be looking to see out the season with victories and Crawley threw away a 3-2 lead today with only minutes remaining in a 'must win' match, yet to be seen how that will affect them.

skybluepm2

Currently 6/1 on bet365. That sounds fair enough to me. Plenty of things have to go against us to see us go down and although it's much more likely after today it's still unlikely. I'm glad the Crawley game is away!

If I stick £100 on that it may soften the blow temporarily and also aid drowning my sorrows!

Sky Blue Harry H

No, but this is Coventry City. You can't tell me that at least the notion of us losing hasn't entered your head! :D

It was always going to happen that it came to this last game, but I'm still 75/25 in favour of us staying up as a result of other teams not quite getting over the line (with us b*llsing it up on the last day - of course)

Evo1883

If we go down ..i cant ever see a way back ..no stadium ..no money ..tosspot owners ..no ambition . I think we will end up in the conference etc then fold

oakey

If we lose all it takes is Notts co to win and Crewe to avoid defeat at home and we're down.
if I was into betting I'd grab that bet mentioned ... Very generous odds.

Skybluepiglet

If you look at the table over the last ten weeks....all the same teams have been below us all that time.

Now all we ask is just one more week out the bottom four..if you think of it like that it seems highly unlikely that when the music stops it will be us that goes down.

Of all the teams in this battle...we are the ones everyone else wants to be..top of the relegation battle table..the least likely to fall according to the bookies.

But then again we know this club....our away performances have been our saving grace this season...and Crawley will be nervous..PUSB..come on..we gotta believe for 1 more week.

BackRoomRummermill

If you look at the table over the last ten weeks....all the same teams have been below us all that time.

Now all we ask is just one more week out the bottom four..if you think of it like that it seems highly unlikely that when the music stops it will be us that goes down.

Of all the teams in this battle...we are the ones everyone else wants to be..top of the relegation battle table..the least likely to fall according to the bookies.

But then again we know this club....our away performances have been our saving grace this season...and Crawley will be nervous..PUSB..come on..we gotta believe for 1 more week.

We cant score though ...............

Covstu

Crawley will be scrapping for their lives so it will be a difficult game. My biggest worry is if we go into the last game looking for a draw, this is the real danger.

everyone is hurting at the moment so probably not the right time to make a rational call on this but if we go down its our own fault

Otis

Crawley will be scrapping for their lives so it will be a difficult game. My biggest worry is if we go into the last game looking for a draw, this is the real danger.

everyone is hurting at the moment so probably not the right time to make a rational call on this but if we go down its our own fault

Very hard to play for a draw.

Even harder when you have a shitty defence like ours that gifts goals most matches.

Otis

If we lose all it takes is Notts co to win and Crewe to avoid defeat at home and we're down.
if I was into betting I'd grab that bet mentioned ... Very generous odds.

Best hope is that Notts County can't get anything better than a draw out of Gillingham away next Sunday. I think Crewe will probably be able to get a draw out of Bradford at home.

Can't believe I have said that though, cause Crewe, I have to say looked a very, very poor side today, which just makes our performance feel all the more shittier.

letsallsingtogether

At least the city will have top class rugby though

Yes with more support due to the City's failings.

Nothing wrong with people wanting top class/entertaining sport for their money....
Franchise or otherwise.

hill83

Even though it's not odds on its odds on. Let's be honest, shit club, shit city in general, shit fans.
Embarrasing.

Gazolba

If we score first against Crawley, we will stay up (cannot believe I am calling L1 'up'), if we concede first, we will lose and it will depend on Gillingham to bail us out. That's how I see it.

Mary_Mungo_Midge

If we score first against Crawley, we will stay up (cannot believe I am calling L1 'up'), if we concede first, we will lose and it will depend on Gillingham to bail us out. That's how I see it.

My concern being a squad of loanees and short term deal players. Where's their incentive? They're casting half an eye in the direction of their next pay day. Being frank, the manager too. How many players will be around to deal with the consequences of their failure?

olderskyblue

When was the last time we actually won our last match of the season to stay up?

Users who are viewing this thread