Religious intolerance (1 Viewer)

Otis

There are plenty more members of the elite in this country who deserve anger directed at them than the likes of Fry.

Farage would be a good place to start....
Yep, totally agree.

Sky Blue Pete

I'm enjoying the big questions Otis.

Nicky Campbell made the comment I have about writers of the bible

In bed poorly feeing sorry for myself

Last edited:

ccfc92

dv2lR9c.jpg

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Jeez!!! So long as the fuckin' bible was safe eh?? Tough luck about god allowing his sisiter in law (presuming he means sister) to burn to death! God saved the good book! Yip-fuckin'-eee!!!
:emoji_stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :emoji_sweat_smile: :emoji_upside_down: :emoji_smile: :emoji_smiling_imp: :emoji_grin:
Let's have a party!!!!!

ccfc92

Jeez!!! So long as the fuckin' bible was safe eh?? Tough luck about god allowing his sisiter in law (presuming he means sister) to burn to death! God saved the good book! Yip-fuckin'-eee!!!
:emoji_stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :emoji_sweat_smile: :emoji_upside_down: :emoji_smile: :emoji_smiling_imp: :emoji_grin:
Let's have a party!!!!!

If a family member died, the last thing I'd be looking for is a Man made book unharmed.

ccfc92

I must say HH, you seem to have done well escaping the "thou who does not believe" religious Irish upbringing?

I have a strong Irish background, with Catholic religion, but my parents weren't "god fearing" like many. They seemed to see through the religious BS, and I am grateful they did!

Houchens Head

I must say HH, you seem to have done well escaping the "thou who does not believe" religious Irish upbringing?

I have a strong Irish background, with Catholic religion, but my parents weren't "god fearing" like many. They seemed to see through the religious BS, and I am grateful they did!
Quite the opposite. During the 1950's and 60's, I was brought up in care. Between the ages of 3 and 16 and then when I was 5, me and 3 of my older siblings were sent to a convent in Birmingham. I spent 6 years of my childhood being force fed religion, force fed stale and mouldy food and beaten by power-crazed nuns and a kiddy-fiddling priest. My mum, being a strict Irish catholic wouldn't believe us when we would tell her what we were going through. So, there you have it. My childhood in a nutshell!
Oh, by the way, (plug coming!), you can read about my childhood in my autobiography entitled "Pater Noster". Available here...........
Pater Noster by Barry Adams (Paperback) — Lulu GB

Last edited:

Sick Boy

Quite the opposite. I was brought up in care. between the ages of 3 and 16 and when I was 5 me and 3 of my siblings were sent to a convent in Birmingham. I spent 6 years of my childhood being force fed religion, force fed stale and mouldy food and beaten by power crazy nuns and a kiddy-fiddling priest. My mum, being a strict Irish catholic wouldn't believe us when would tell her what we were going through. So, there you have it. My childhood in a nutshell!
Oh, by the way, (plug coming!), you can read about my childhood in my autobiography entitled "Pater Noster". Available here...........
Pater Noster by Barry Adams (Paperback) — Lulu GB

Sorry to hear that...my aunt went through something similar over in Ireland and she ended up suffering a lot due to it later in life, luckily she is in a better place now.

Luckily the church has lost a lot of its grip upon Irish society...finally. is it possible to purchase your book in £ or €?

Houchens Head

Sorry to hear that...my aunt went through something similar over in Ireland and she ended up suffering a lot due to it later in life, luckily she is in a better place now.

Luckily the church has lost a lot of its grip upon Irish society...finally. is it possible to purchase your book in £ or €?
If you look at the webpage in my earlier post you will see how it can be purchased. It can also be downloaded as an e-book.
I'm sorry to hear about your aunt. She must have gone through hell like me. Have you ever seen the film, The Magdalene Sisters? Excellent film about Irish convents. Also the book, The God Squad by Paddy Doyle.

Gazolba

Religious intolerance
Isn't religion by definition intolerant? Most religions preach that their God is the only God, their way is the right way and the only acceptable way.
Islam takes it a step further and says kill anyone who thinks different.

Sky Blue Pete

Isn't religion by definition intolerant? Most religions preach that their God is the only God, their way is the right way and the only acceptable way.
Islam takes it a step further and says kill anyone who thinks different.
My Christianity doesn't teach that.

It teaches that to serve others is the secret to life.
To treat others as you would have them treat you
That we all screw up but there is grace and forgiveness to live life in all its fullness

Don't get me wrong we've historically screwed up the message

Gazolba

<snip>
So why did they send Christian missionaries all over the world to convert people to Christianity? Shouldn't they have just accepted that those people had their own beliefs and left them alone? Instead, they preached that their God was the only true God, the other Gods were 'false' Gods or 'Idols', and they had better convert to Christianity or face hellfire and damnation.

Last edited:

Sky Blue Pete

I'm happy with missionaries sharing what they believe to be true it's how they did it not what they did that's offensive in my humble opinion

covcity4life

To treat others as you would have them treat you
That we all screw up but there is grace and forgiveness to live life in all its fullness

Don't get me wrong we've historically screwed up the message

from the reading i have done most religions believe in the same god.

always find it funny when people say which god is real? muslim or christian lol

P

patsy123ccfc

Can people stop referring to one of the people (Houchens head) in this forum as HH, it is highly offensive and racist.

88 = HH = Hail Hitler.

Please in future can we refer to him as his whole name or just first or last?

It is upsetting me.

Houchens Head

Can people stop referring to one of the people (Houchens head) in this forum as HH, it is highly offensive and racist.

88 = HH = Hail Hitler.

It is upsetting me.
My username - and I'm not in the least bit offended. If you don't like it, then block me and you won't see post referring to me! Oh, and by the way, it's "Heil Hitler!" as used by the Nazi party of Germany! All the best, HH x x x x
:emoji_sweat_smile::emoji_sweat_smile::emoji_sweat_smile::emoji_sweat_smile::emoji_sweat_smile::emoji_sweat_smile::emoji_sweat_smile::emoji_sweat_smile::emoji_sweat_smile::emoji_sweat_smile:

Houchens Head

It's all the same fairy god! :emoji_smiling_imp:

Houchens Head

88 = HH = Hail Hitler.

It is upsetting me.
So, is SW88's username offensive as well? This has gotta rank as one of the most pathetic posts I've ever read! :emoji_joy:

dancers lance

Most religions do not believe in the same god, in fact those that do would be in the minority, the three main monotheistic religions only claim that "god is one" however this does not mean the agree on the same identity for the chosen deity. Most religions are based on polytheism and believe in vast numbers of gods, all of which which have existed far longer than the 3 main christo judeo versions of theology, I would suggest you widen your reading circle.

dancers lance

Yet more proof atheists could do with god in their life just as a lifestyle choice. Look how rude you are whether god is real or not.
And I suppose you don't consider posting "Haha ill take that as admittance of defeat. Better luck next time." as being rude? I was having a civil debate until you came out with that, don't give it you can't take it.

Users who are viewing this thread