Religious intolerance (5 Viewers)

shmmeee

Newton's law of universal gravitation states that a particle attracts every other particle in the universe using a force that is directly proportional to the product of their masses and inversely proportional to the square of the distance between them.

what made a particle
what made the thing that made the particle

this universe is ridiculously mind blowing when you think about it and saying faith in god cant explain it but clever humans can is absurd

one day maybe we will get the answers,maybe we wont. but right now as of today there is no FACT to how universe was created.

p.s another way of thinking about it is that einstein and newton worked out how god has manufactured this world to work as it does. not saying this is what happened just saying its not straightforward as you suggest

We can't go back past the big bang because information doesn't escape it, but we can make educated guesses.

Saying "it's God" is as scientifically valid as saying "It's a giant invisible pineapple", there is no proof and it introduces more questions than answers.

If everything needs a first cause, then so does God. If God doesn't need a first cause, neither does anything else.

martcov

Hahaha, what a gigantic ego you have, sir. Assuming all is under the oracle of your knowledge and 'intuition'. Until you address the ground-shattering flaws in your logic, then I'll simply have to educate you. And for your information, not that I have to tell you, I was Born Again into Christ; He found me, not vice versa. I was Atheistic up until the age of 33. Bet that widened your eyes a bit.

Funny isn't it, you reel off 'god' names like no tomorrow, when you do not truly know that 100% of all 'idolistic' gods are Pagan. These are idols, sir, not gods. Ok?

There is only One Creator. One God. It is very simple, and your ego may mock me, but it really is that simple. Ok? Darwin wants you believe you're an ape, so you go ahead and believe that.

I believe that facts and 'science' are pretty much theoretic proponents pushed as incontrovertible fact by the Elite Class of society, to serve an agenda of misinformation and deception. This is a widely held belief, but please, feel free to call me a conspiracy nut or a tin foil hat wearing numpty. It really amuses me when people do that, considering the facts they crave are there to see, if their blind eyes would just look.

Oh I do believe in Father Christmas, indeed, although not in the way you imagine; did you realise he is the poster boy for the Pagan festival of Saturnalia, that masquerades as Christmas? Look it up.

During Saturnalia they'd cut pine trees down, take them home, and feast on the magic mushrooms found on their root branch. Again, look it up, the ties to this perverse festival and modern day Christmas are inextricable. Pagans would act hedonistically for weeks and even get away with murder during this festival, so pardon me,
Christmas has fuck all to do with The Messiah, LOOK UP THE FACTS YOURSELF, since you love facts and reason so much.
It's a festival in the guise of Christ worship, whereby the Pagan majority celebrate the 'birth' of all of their deities/idols. Also, Christ was born during September, again if you do the research, the facts you love are there. Did you know Horus is often used as a mocking parallel by Pagans to describe Christ, and His life, death and resurrection? All facts. You love them, find them.

Please don't assume you have the ability to disprove anything I know, feel and believe in. You don't. Respect goes a long way, even for a guy like yourself who believes in absolutely nothing.

No-one has to prove what you feel or believe in. That's your thing. Enjoy believing crap. If you want to impress us, please offer one bit of evidence which can be substantiated at any time by anyone - including Muslims, Hindus, Ancestor Worshippers etc. Etc.. When you have shown us that, we and the other 7 billion inhabitants of the planet will admit that your belief is not crap after all and everyone will join you in eternal bliss. Until then you are talking crap and need help. Non belief in your god is actually beneficial. You can learn about things and have reasonable opinions based on known facts or great probability. You can maybe heal people with your knowledge, but if you waste your time reading the works of ignorant Palestinian peasants, and follow their somewhat ridiculous laws and violent ways, you will never help the rest of our kind - a part of the "ape family" - which we most obviously are. With or without Darwin, just look at us and see how we behave. Then check our DNA.

Sky Blue Pete

No-one has to prove what you feel or believe in. That's your thing. Enjoy believing crap. If you want to impress us, please offer one bit of evidence which can be substantiated at any time by anyone - including Muslims, Hindus, Ancestor Worshippers etc. Etc.. When you have shown us that, we and the other 7 billion inhabitants of the planet will admit that your belief is not crap after all and everyone will join you in eternal bliss. Until then you are talking crap and need help. Non belief in your god is actually beneficial. You can learn about things and have reasonable opinions based on known facts or great probability. You can maybe heal people with your knowledge, but if you waste your time reading the works of ignorant Palestinian peasants, and follow their somewhat ridiculous laws and violent ways, you will never help the rest of our kind - a part of the "ape family" - which we most obviously are. With or without Darwin, just look at us and see how we behave. Then check our DNA.
One has to be way more balanced to take that line my friend. Massive contributions have been made by people of faith in every generation and area of life

oakey

I would love you lot to come to my A level Philosophy of Religion lessons when I'm teaching arguments for the existence of God. Some of you have far more to contribute than my year 13s.
Who said football fans are all yobs?
Well done, chaps
:bookworm:
Now back to marking mock exam papers
:banghead:

oakey

For those who want a bit of intellectual rigour in their philosophy of religion I refer you to
1) The cosmological argument of Thomas Aquinas
2) The design argument of William Paley
3) The ontological argument of St. Anselm.
All interesting. Wikipedia has very fine articles on these topics.
None are proof God exists but number 1) has never been conclusively disputed.
Number 2) is weak IMO and trumped by Darwin and evolution.
3) is too obscure and a play on words in my view.
Nevertheless, if you want to argue God does or doesn't exist please educate yourself on the debate and don't try to reinvent the wheel. For example the idea that religion is "made up" to support rulers and oppress de people man, is a Marxist idea based on assumptions which have been comprehensively dismantled by 20th century scholars of anthropology etc.
Educate yourselves. For the record, I am agnostic, but think extremists on both sides are as bad as each other.

Astute

Lets get this crystal clear. I did not MOCK you personally for being an Atheist. It is merely my opinion that someone who places all of their faith in Science, and the likes of Richard Dawkins et al, are generally extremely derisive towards the existence of a creator, and the supernatural hierarchy of this existence we are in. Dawkins, especially.

Did I use a word or phrase to mock you directly? No. In sight of our conversation the other day, you have turned like the wind against me because of my disliking of those who brazenly and offensively believe in nothing.

You all ask so many questions as if I know the answers to the mystery of the universe, and if I can't answer them, there's more mockery and derisory remarks against my faith. Do I care? No. But it's a pretty bad show, to be honest.

Do I have all of your answers, Astute? No. I've tried to be as passive and as innocuous as possible in this thread, and I STILL get jumped on over a simple remark that those who overtly believe in nothing and mock the existence of The Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ openly, are not worth my respect. This does not mean I hate them, or will openly insult them.

And pardon me for saying this, you yourself smoked weed my ol' pal, so let's not be hypocritical - I've been clean for over 3 years, I openly admit I had a few drug problems in my life, so for you to comment thus is obnoxious and spiteful.
1, You had a go at all atheists. Yes you mocked us all. You said that I am pushing the boundaries of decency and credibility. If it wasn't mocking us what was it?

2, I have been mainly drug free for over 20 years. I don't even have pain killers. Drugs.... It isn't big. It isn't clever.

You are not having people mock God. But look what you say about non believers. Then you expect no comment back.

covcity4life

See people still have trouble understanding

I do not know what came before god and im not pretending too

From what i have read god existed inbthenbeginning the now and thebfuture. Everything starts and ends with god. We can only look at time as humans. Linear

I mean thats the sort of stuff i understabd makes little sense. Bit its also sort of stuff thay blows my mind when i think about it

So once again ill say it. Like the tv show lost

Wether yoi are man of faith or man of science noone can prove they are right

So stop wasting time trying to do it.

Astute

See people still have trouble understanding

I do not know what came before god and im not pretending too

From what i have read god existed inbthenbeginning the now and thebfuture. Everything starts and ends with god. We can only look at time as humans. Linear

I mean thats the sort of stuff i understabd makes little sense. Bit its also sort of stuff thay blows my mind when i think about it

So once again ill say it. Like the tv show lost

Wether yoi are man of faith or man of science noone can prove they are right

So stop wasting time trying to do it.
Religion. Bah humbug.

A Mormon will watch their children die because they won't allow something as simple as a blood transfusion. But any normal person would do anything for their kids. Did God tell them that? Their church is the Latter Day Saints. Or LDS for short. More like LSD to me.

I come from a line of Catholics. My Nan had major health problems after the birth of her youngest child. If she had any more children it would have killed her. But contraception isn't allowed. Full stop. So she wasn't allowed to be a practicing Catholic.

I could go on all day. I am supposed to take people's beliefs and not question them. But it is OK for them to say what they want about me as I am a non believer.

Non believers in bad times turn to God. Fair play to them. Anything that makes them feel better. All of my children have been christened. My wife is a Christian. The children can make up their own minds. So far none of them have followed any religion. I go to church once a year. It is to help out at what used to be my local church. I make tea and coffee for the old people. When I got together with my wife her mother saw me as the antichrist. She has got to know me now and we get on great. Took years though.

Yeah religion. I will debate it with anyone. But just respect my views like I respect yours.

covcity4life

1 guy made 1 line to you about not believing lol. stop playing victim, no one is disrespecting you.

you are being sterotypical atheist. religion is shit,you dont understand,blah blah. dont put your beliefs on me!!!!!!!!

why is thread full of arguing. should be adult debate.

martcov

1 guy made 1 line to you about not believing lol. stop playing victim, no one is disrespecting you.

you are being sterotypical atheist. religion is shit,you dont understand,blah blah. dont put your beliefs on me!!!!!!!!

why is thread full of arguing. should be adult debate.

How does that work out? People say they have an invisible friend who created the universe ( some estimates say with billions planets and stars ). They know this being personally, and can say what he thinks, what he likes us to do and what we should not do. They have no evidence that such a being exists, but expect us, in the best case scenario, to listen to them. In the worse case some religious people will kill us for not feeling as they feel, or for not hearing the same voices in our head, or for not following the imagined wishes of their imagined friend.

Ffs, how can anyone have an adult debate based on whacko fantasies from deluded people?

Nick

Administrator
I watched a documentary about the mormons / latter day saints. It was showing how the lads have to go off for a while to go their time as a missionary. It was like a cult really.

covcity4life

How does that work out? People say they have an invisible friend who created the universe ( some estimates say with billions planets and stars ). They know this being personally, and can say what he thinks, what he likes us to do and what we should not do. They have no evidence that such a being exists, but expect us, in the best case scenario, to listen to them. In the worse case some religious people will kill us for not feeling as they feel, or for not hearing the same voices in our head, or for not following the imagined wishes of their imagined friend.

Ffs, how can anyone have an adult debate based on whacko fantasies from deluded people?

please read what im typing

i have said no one can prove god exists

and i am not expecting you to listen to god and do what he says. i havnt told anyone what to do.

religion doesnt kill people. humans do. and if they do it in the name of religion then thats all down to humanity's faults.nearly every single religion i have read about preaches love for one and other. the main message of god seems to be a loving and peaceful one. anything that dont sit right with me could be humans putting in their 2 cents way back then for all we know. the whole book could be a humans imagination as you say. but the fact that all religions are so so similar in their message makes me think different.

drop the anger bro. no ones out to get you.

Otis

please read what im typing

i have said no one can prove god exists

and i am not expecting you to listen to god and do what he says. i havnt told anyone what to do.

religion doesnt kill people. humans do. and if they do it in the name of religion then thats all down to humanity's faults.nearly every single religion i have read about preaches love for one and other. the main message of god seems to be a loving and peaceful one. anything that dont sit right with me could be humans putting in their 2 cents way back then for all we know. the whole book could be a humans imagination as you say. but the fact that all religions are so so similar in their message makes me think different.

drop the anger bro. no ones out to get you.
Except for God when all us non-believers turn up on Judgement Day.

covcity4life

but you dont believe in god so why are you bothered?

how you choose to live your life is up to you. if their is a judgement day then its all gonna be on YOU. cant be moaning about being judged by religion then because you dont believe

Astute

So it would have been OK for me to use the same line on those that believe?

Some people need to open their mind before they open their mouth.

Otis

but you dont believe in god so why are you bothered?

how you choose to live your life is up to you. if their is a judgement day then its all gonna be on YOU. cant be moaning about being judged by religion then because you dont believe

I'm not bothered. You just said no-one's out to get you and I am saying God will be on Judgement Day won't he.

As I don't believe in God I am obviously not at all worried about Judgement Day to come.

skybluedan

skybluedan

Maybe it will be like a xfactor type of thing now times change so god must , and because you have been a non believer you have one last chance to impress and sitting there on that panel are god , mr miagi, and that little bird from the krankies
Otis what do you do?

covcity4life

So it would have been OK for me to use the same line on those that believe?

Some people need to open their mind before they open their mouth.

have i said anything to you?

how about you talk to me instead of arguing because someone else said something that hurt your feelings.

otis-i dont beleive in firey pit of hell for non beleivers. more the reincarnation route. so no imo n oone is out tog et you.

martcov

how about you talk to me instead of arguing because someone else said something that hurt your feelings.

otis-i dont beleive in firey pit of hell for non beleivers. more the reincarnation route. so no imo n oone is out tog et you.

So, you justify religion because all religions are basically the same? At the same time you - your religion - doesn't believe in a fiery pit, but plenty of others relish in the future sufferings of people who don't believe in their imaginary friend. Religion is therefore obviously made up, or altered to fit your beliefs . We are basically a huge family of apes clinging to a rock rotating around a minor star in a pretty ordinary galaxy. A bit worrying for some who yearn for the comfort of a strong father figure to protect them against the vast unknown. A bit like babies sucking a dummy/ pacifier. Would be ok if they just stuck to that and didn't start killing each other over whose imaginary friend is best, or killing us for not needing an imaginary friend.

covcity4life

you really struggling to understand old chap

i said the underlying message seems to be the same from what i have read. i did not say they are all the same

you are feverlishy typing away out of anger and to show up those that are religious(me im just interested more and more in it recently thats all,cant claim to be religious) and you are just showing yourself up to be an intolerent atheist.

you dont need to beleive in religion. but fact you liken those that are religious to babies shows what a rude person you are. its far worse than what travelfarandwise said to astute.

i will pray for you. because right now your are a miserable sack of shit(see i have a long way to go too :) )

Nick

Administrator
so it seems. but its clearly not caused solely by believers thats for sure.

least we proved something lol

What about Beliebers?

giphy.gif

skybluedan

so it seems. but its clearly not caused solely by believers thats for sure.

least we proved something lol

Believers beliebers, and non believers as soon as it is brought into conversation there are issues and is the only subject that it does, well and sisu

covcity4life

i am kinda disappointed with some posters int his thread tbh. acting like bratty teenagers unless people agree with them. thought this could have been a nice debate thread where everyone gets on and throws their 2 cents in.

Astute

Don't talk bollocks. You said I was playing the victim. And if you chat bollocks about me I will pick you up on it.

Astute

i am kinda disappointed with some posters int his thread tbh. acting like bratty teenagers unless people agree with them. thought this could have been a nice debate thread where everyone gets on and throws their 2 cents in.
Yes until the insults and shit comments started coming out.

Users who are viewing this thread