Request: City Fans who lived/are living in Hillfields (1 Viewer)

TJBloomfield23

Hi Guys and Girls,

Technically I might as well say Ipswich fan in peace, though I'm not here about that!

I'm a film-maker and Journalist and currently making a documentary entitled "What Is A Football Club?". It's essentially a look at the relationship between a Football Club and it's supporters, because whilst we're all attached to our own clubs in some capacity, it's a lot harder to explain how it came about or why it is!

There's a section in the documentary specifically looking at the Sky Blues because it is a club that overseen so much change in the 21st century, specifically with the club moving from Highfield Road (A small traditional stadium in the heart of the city) to the Ricoh (A shiny new, multi-purpose stadium on the outskirts, the likes of which we see so much nowadays).

I'm looking for any fans who lived or is living in the Hillfields area whilst Highfield Road was there and I'm asking for their experiences.. What was it like on match day? Any funny stories? What was the atmosphere like in the community? And how did it affect your relationship with the club? Has it changed now HR is no longer there?

If anyone wants any more information or wants to share anything send me a message and I'll happily give you my contact details and show you previous work

I've been to HR and the Ricoh many times in the away end and have nothing but good things to say about your club, and can't wait for our next meeting in the Championship soon!

Tom

blueflint

hi i lived on king richards st 100 yds from highfieled rd way back in the fifties and sixties the football club was the hub of
the community in those days as kids we watched the players train even sneaked in on match days never paid until i was
a teenager.the atmosphere in the later sixties under jimmy hill became electric and the ground was full almost every game
its easy to watch a winning team.the players always had time for us kids unlike today the fact there was no tv helped.

Samo

I think this is going to be a tricky one to answer because Hillfields has changed dramatically over the years aside from the football club. Best of luck with your research though.

bringbackrattles

I think you'd get more feedback if you focused not only on Hillfields, but ask fans for experiences on matchdays from all over the city ?

Gazolba

I don't understand why not living in Hillfields disqualifies participation. And surely away supporters have as much to contribute as home supporters. Needless to say, I won't be sharing any of my stories or anecdotes.

Users who are viewing this thread