Results of the 3 Forums (1 Viewer)

Was the forum a SISU success or failure

• Positive now understand SISU and Fisher

Votes: 5 6.3%
  • Negative Fisher & SISU a laughing stock

Votes: 74 93.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Straight forward vote to see what the consensus is on SISU's decision to hold these forums

I think it was all about Fisher and SISU showing 'face'. I don't feel it has really helped their case.
Generally, I think the forums have really ended up being much ado about nothing. Pretty much what everyone expected.

Tom's Dad

SISU don't care what you, I or anyone else thinks. The Forums are just something on the list of things they think they need to do. They'll carry on tomorrow as normal.

chiefdave

IMO they've ended up worse off than before they started. at least when they weren't saying much there was the slight chance they had a stunningly brilliant plan no one else had thought of. After these 3 forums there can't be anyone who doesn't see them as clueless.

Gaz

If there was an option of - I don't feel like i'v learnt anything new
Then i'd pick that.

bigfatronssba

By avoiding questions hes made himself look like they haven't got a plan and/or there up to something. I.e. its now common knowledge that sisu will own the new stadium and CCFC will pay them rent.

That might be far from true, but because he is incapable of giving a straight answer every will now think its true.

Delboycov

Just got back and the show of hands at the end indicating only a small percentage prepared to follow them to a new ground...a lot less than Thursday...suggests to me that he's actually lost more sympathisers since they started.

Just got back and the show of hands at the end indicating only a small percentage prepared to follow them to a new ground...a lot less than Thursday...suggests to me that he's actually lost more sympathisers since they started.

I bet he is very proud of his achievements at Coventry City. Hope he has a good pension plan cos he is finished in Football.

Delboycov

By avoiding questions hes made himself look like they haven't got a plan and/or there up to something. I.e. its now common knowledge that sisu will own the new stadium and CCFC will pay them rent.

That might be far from true, but because he is incapable of giving a straight answer every will now think its true.

What shocked me most was not just his constant avoiding giving a straight answer it was actually his body language which suggested as one woman pointed out that he really didn't give a shit. The Stern John of the boardroom ;-)

andy_scates

Everyone slating Fisher, I now have a tad of respect for him. To show his face 3 times when he's so hated, credit to his bottle, to clarify how badly his employers had fucked up, fair play

Delboycov

I bet he is very proud of his achievements at Coventry City. Hope he has a good pension plan cos he is finished in Football.

None of it's his fault though apparently...all down to previous owners and Iggy Pop...even absolved Joy of any blame as she wasn't involved in the football club!

Delboycov

Everyone slating Fisher, I now have a tad of respect for him. To show his face 3 times when he's so hated, credit to his bottle, to clarify how badly his employers had fecked up, fair play

Take your point but he was trying to sell his visionary 'dream' to us...and he failed miserably and to my mind didn't even try.

None of it's his fault though apparently...all down to previous owners and Iggy Pop...even absolved Joy of any blame as she wasn't involved in the football club!

They keep talking about the problems pre-SISU but they are completely irrelevant. They have had 6 years to sort this club out and made it far worse. At least we were not a complete laughing stock before they got involved. Jokers.

rupert_bear

Tonights forum was far better than the previous two simply because a lot of questions were about the here and now, where are we going to play, plans re. any new ground and not too much time on finances. Fisher attempted to bring finances in as he thrives on history lessons but future plans he struggles with. Supposedly has had talks with various parties regards ground sharing, clubs, FL, local authorities and Police and the shortlist is down from 3 to 2. Meeting the police is an interesting one as that is very checkable as they are publically accountable, our local press or politicians can easily find out if that happened including the names of the police officers they met.

Last edited:

Tonylinc

Could not listen live due to work commitments but just tried to access "listen again", to no avail. Was it not transmitted?

wingy

This Poll is ambiguous as its possible to understand Fisher and SISU and come away with a negative view.

Delboycov

Did you go delboy? If so did it seem a waste of time as others have suggested?

Yeah I did go Mark...it was just really frustrating that TF didn't to my mind answer one single question directly. He had the demeanour of a man who knows this plan is not going to work and was just going through the motions. I was just surprised he didn't even seem to try and sell the idea and as far as revealing anything about their plans it was a case of not actually telling us anything...I think anyone that did go with an open mind really would've come away from there thinking they really don't have a clue.

WillieStanley

93.42% think that because there was no other choice, really!! Two polar options, neither of which, I believe were really fair given the question.

I think Fisher has learnt a lot from these forums - which clearly was the intention. It's alright reading the Telegraph and browsing on SBT/GMK but to really guage the concensus you need to be face to face. This is what we've been calling for.

To those saying "It was meant to be a hard sell of the new stadium" well, clearly not, otherwise the subject would not have changed on the three occassions. The new stadium was spoken about, but the one I went to, the clear intended subject matter was FFP and the impact on Coventry City.

To those saying "I'm still not sold on the idea of a new stadium" - would you have ever been? If there was this massive magical plan which ensured financial viability and the allowance of us playing within the City, would you have believed it? I doubt it.

This was a consultation. Why do companies conduct market research? To sell something to a demographic or to find out as to whether the product would sell to the demographic? Hopefully it is clear to Fisher that a move is not wanted and would severely affect the club for a long time after these forums.

Everyone, it seems, had their own agenda for these forums and most have reacted poorly because they didn't get the response they wanted. It's a shame because 24 months ago we were crying out for this type of thing and now we have it, we're calling the club a laughing stock because they were either unable to legally or commercially disclose information, garuntee player budgets and sales and failed to sell an idea you'd already written off.

There were things disclosed in those forums that I certainly wasn't happy about but I feel the things people are making the most noise about are the things that can't really change at present.

Users who are viewing this thread