Richard Hammond criticised for lazy, gay, ice creamjoke (1 Viewer)

Otis

Jokes a joke , Ive never truly been offended by any joke I have ever heard....because it's a joke
So you wouldn't be offended by ....

'Where would you send a Jewish schoolboy to who is too easily distracted in class?'

Answer: ' A concentration camp.'

Surely everyone should be offended by that shouldn't they?

Never heard anyone say before that they find no joke offensive at all.

Surely there's a line isn't there? Interested to know.

Evo1883

So you wouldn't be offended by ....

'Where would you send a Jewish schoolboy to who is too easily distracted in class?'

Answer: ' A concentration camp.'

Surely everyone should be offended by that shouldn't they?

Never heard anyone say before that they find no joke offensive at all.

Surely there's a line isn't there? Interested to know.
Offended ..no

It is very low though

I can say that's wrong , but offended would suggest I'm outraged or deeply bothered by it which I wouldn't be.

Distasteful is the better word , but not offended

Otis

Offended ..no

It is very low though

I can say that's wrong , but offended would suggest I'm outraged or deeply bothered by it which I wouldn't be.

Distasteful is the better word , but not offended
Okay. Just wondering.

shmmeee

Watched the first Grand Tour, it was fucking awful, just terrible writing. Started the second one and when they stated recycling the same god awful jokes again just gave up and didn't bother. I wonder if we'll get Daily Mail and Sun headlines every day telling us how it's a failure.

Have to admit that Clarkson was my guilty pleasure. He's completely opposed to me politically, but he's actually quite sharp, and insightful when he wants to be, and can sum up issues in few words. I also find him quite funny and self deprecating.

The problem is, of course, the publicity stunts which sometimes cross the line into crassness... was absolutely convinced the Top Gear sacking was a publicity stunt until he was actually sacked... and still not entirely sure it wasn't set up so at least he could leave giving publicity to Top Gear *and* his new programme!

Hammond seems pointless however... but May must have something about him to do this.

If you want a conspiracy theory (and who doesn't, it's the Internet), I'm convinced Clarkson has decided to go anyway and timed his stunt to cause maximum damage to the BBC at a time when his BFF Cameron was attacking them. Hence the unpresidented (/Trump) intervention from the Prime Minister to give the story more legs.

shmmeee

Jokes a joke , Ive never truly been offended by any joke I have ever heard....because it's a joke

Why did your Mum cross the road?

Because she's a fucking slag who gives birth to morons.

how's that?

(edit: I feel I should clarify that this was an attempt to point out that simple offence can easily be dressed up as a "joke")

shmmeee

Yeah might have gone overboard with that.

I don't think I've ever been properly offended at an actual joke. Like yours Otis was a pun, not a great one but I can see the joke. Something like the old "how do you stop a [RACIAL_SLUR] from drowning? Take your foot off his head" I'd argue isn't funny at all unless you find the idea of dead [RACIAL_SLUR]s funny because you're an arsehole.

Users who are viewing this thread