Richo earmarked for Next Rugby World Cup! (1 Viewer)

RichieGunns

Saw this in the news the other day!

Will be really happy if this happens as I'm a big Rugby fan.

If it did and England played Wales at the Ricoh, a load of my Welsh mates will be coming down to watch the match.

Of course I'll supporting England!

What the bet though that we'll get football hooligans trying to start fights. I for one hope this doesn't happen!

wingy

Don't think we're actually earmarked as yet Richie.The Impression for the last couple of years has been just that ,but this story breaking during the week has confirmed that we are only in a pool of around 16 venues to be selected as potential hosts .I don't know how many the final pool will hold but they are fairly confident of holding matches here ,after previously feeling assured. The news this week has stirred up a bit of a hornets nest ,as venues such as Leicester Tigers are angry that football venues are overiding their bid to host with all their history and tradition within the game,losing out to the Kingpower Stadium,they have a point I guess.

RichieGunns

The word earmarked was used which doesn't necesserily mean we'll get it.

Of course its not fair to those rugby clubs out there!

But still one can only hope :D

Covstu

There are many grounds being shortlisting including us Mk dons, crisp bowl so there will be lots of competition. Best get the train sorted soon

Users who are viewing this thread